Levoxyl to Synthroid - better weight loss?

• Bit of background... I've been on a plateau since around November, and have struggled to keep on keeping on. I've never been a fast loser, but about 11 months into this journey, things just kind of ground to a halt. I'm surprised I haven't been more discouraged. Looking back, it's a long time to be stuck! I've carried on, though, just going up and down the same 3 or 4 lbs these past months.

I've taken Levoxyl (Hypothyroid) for about 8 years, now. I've been happy with how I feel, and the doctor is happy with my numbers. Recently, due to a drug recall, I had to switch to Synthroid. Right about that time (end of April) the scale started moving! I've lost 13 lbs since then! I haven't changed anything... still eating about 1200 calories and exercising 3 days a week. But, every day, I'm losing a bit. I've never had such predictable weight loss! It's amazing! You do A, and you get results B -- just like all the weight loss books say!

Could it be the change in medication? I had my blood tested a week ago, and the Dr. was pleased with my results. She says some people have had difficulty changing drugs. Unfortunately, I didn't put two and two together and realize the weight loss coincided with the new drug until after my last Dr. appointment. Has anyone else noticed a difference in making the change from Levoxyl to Synthroid, or any other thyroid drug?