Men on IP Vol 6

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • New to the club
    Gents,

I've been drawing inspiration since I started IP in 8/25 and have decided to dive in and contribute.

I am in the middle of my third week and I'm down 14 lbs. I have learned a tremendous amount about what my body can handle. When describing IP is sounds impossible but if you allow it to work it truly does. I wish each of you success as you work toward your goals and maintenance. To those of you who hit your goal or surpassed it CONGRATS--but don't stop contributing as it provides a huge boost!
  • I'm not a guy - but bumping this thread up in support of you all.
    Rock on dudes!
  • Oh oh the scale numbers are trying to get over my Maginot line--time for a reboot. A restart,

The Maginot Line (French: Ligne Maginot, IPA: [liɲ maʒino]), named after the French Minister of War André Maginot, was a line of concrete fortifications, obstacles, and weapons installations that France constructed along its borders with Germany during the 1930s. The line was a response to France's experience in World War I and was constructed during the run-up to World War II. A similar line of defenses, called the Alpine Line, faced Italy.

The French established the fortification to provide time for their army to mobilize in the event of attack, allowing French forces to move into Belgium for a decisive confrontation with Germany. The success of static, defensive combat in World War I was a key influence on French thinking. Military experts extolled the Maginot Line as a work of genius, believing it would prevent any further invasions from the east.

While the fortification system did prevent a direct attack, it was strategically ineffective, as the Germans invaded through Belgium, outflanking the Maginot Line. The German army ran through the Ardennes forest and the Low Countries, completely sweeping by the line, defeating the French army and conquering France in about six weeks.[1] As such, reference to the Maginot Line is used to recall a strategy or object that people hope will prove effective but instead fails miserably. It is also the best known symbol of the adage that "generals always fight the last war, especially if they have won it".[2]
  • Bears glad to see you're still hanging around. I fudged the numbers as well due to a combination of CrossFit and our trip to Ireland. I'm not doing a full reboot but am doing a couple of weeks of the modified athlete's P1 protocol (you get a small carb serving at each meal to keep the elevation while you're working out). It's not moving the weight much yet but I have noticed my belt getting looser.
  • Quote: Bears glad to see you're still hanging around. I fudged the numbers as well due to a combination of CrossFit and our trip to Ireland. I'm not doing a full reboot but am doing a couple of weeks of the modified athlete's P1 protocol (you get a small carb serving at each meal to keep the elevation while you're working out). It's not moving the weight much yet but I have noticed my belt getting looser.
    Glad to see you are lurking around also. I got the pinched nerve in my neck thing going for the last two months and absolutely NO exercise for me. It is really amazing how little food you actually do need, and it is really amazing how addicting refined carbs are. And as you age it is truly depressing how fast rock hard muscle turns into jello.

I see Texas is still in the 90's. I guess it isn't going to cool off...
  • Any updates out there?
    all I"m in the middle of week 5 and I'm down 22 pounds. I haven't seen much action in the thread. everybody ok?
  • Still knocking em down. Week 9 and down 48#s. What seemed like a bit of a challenge getting started on is now just routine. Only down side is this diet is ruining my golf game. Gotta re-learn how to swing the club with a constantly changing center of gravity!!! Wish all of life's problems where this "good".
  • hey been on IP for a month now since aug 15 lost 36 pounds so far,wondering how I get rid of this jelly belly im getting.I have been going for 3 jogs a week and doing my ab roller doesn't help much

any ideas?
  • I'm not a guy & don't usually post here but I've seen the answer to the question.

Here is a website post that could help

http://thehumanconstructionsite.blog...ggly-isnt.html
  • Lisa thanks for the link....fascinating reading.
  • Quote: Still knocking em down. Week 9 and down 48#s. What seemed like a bit of a challenge getting started on is now just routine. Only down side is this diet is ruining my golf game. Gotta re-learn how to swing the club with a constantly changing center of gravity!!! Wish all of life's problems where this "good".
    Ha good laugh on a Monday morning! I definitely feel you won't need to go on anti-depressants for your changing center of gravity!
  • Started this diet with my wife at the beginning of Sept. I started at 328 and am now down to 299 as of this morning. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself about this diet.

This board has been very informative and I just wanted to say thank you to all the men and women who have shared their individual experiences with this diet.
  • On day 53 and decided to go for exercise for the first time. I went on a ver gentle and slow run walk for 2 miles. It was so good to get out. Going to do that a few times a week and see how it goes vis-a-vis impact on IP.
  • Good day fellas,

Well after reading and getting an idea how this forum thing works, I've finally decided to join up. I'm in my first week of IP and find it to be pretty good so far. Hopefully I can go through the program with the same ease I have found it to be in my first week plus I've had good support from a few friends who have been on and done well on the program. Can't wait for my first way in. Starting at 250 and chasing that 190 with a vengeance.
  • Good luck to all the guys working on their health.