Men on IP Vol 6

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • Keep your eye on the prize! Your doing great, you have lost 30 pounds, and you are under 300 pounds. Say good-bye to 300 pounds for ever! Now let's go get the next 25!
  • So started phase 2 this week.. about 6 lbs from my goal but ready for a break... Clinic said one week and then phase 3 next week.. I can't wait to eat breakfast!!!
  • Quote: Well, I lost 5 lbs this week. So back on the wagon, and feeling good, after a few days of feeling lathargic.... getting back to ketosis.
    Great milestone! Keep at it. I'm amazed at how good I feel emotionally compared to before. It is all worth it and much more.

Second week of CrossFit and it is kicking my butt (literally as it seems we do squats constantly). I'm amazed at the people that can hang from a pull up bar and touch their toes to the same bar - repeatedly - during the workout. I'm told I'll be there sooner than I would imagine which is good since my imagination is saying that's about impossible.
  • Week 1 results...
    Well guys I weighed in this morning and lost 11.3 lbs! I was pleased with that as I did not allow myself (nor will I) to get on the scale between weigh ins. How do I get a ticker timeline/weight loss thing on the bottom of my post. I also want to say thanks for the post as they are all motivating. Would love to hear from some of you on what foods you liked...there were a ton to choose from and was not sure what things to purchase. One thing for sure, I struggled with all the puddings...not my thing.

Thanks again...
  • Quote: Well guys I weighed in this morning and lost 11.3 lbs! I was pleased with that as I did not allow myself (nor will I) to get on the scale between weigh ins. How do I get a ticker timeline/weight loss thing on the bottom of my post. I also want to say thanks for the post as they are all motivating. Would love to hear from some of you on what foods you liked...there were a ton to choose from and was not sure what things to purchase. One thing for sure, I struggled with all the puddings...not my thing.

Thanks again...
    Way (and weigh) to go! I always enjoyed the Wildberry Yogurt, Pina Colada, and Vanilla Drink mixes. With the Vanilla I'd sometimes add some WF Caramel Syrup to it. But everyone's tastes are different. DW couldn't stand the Wildberry.
  • Loved the chocolate drink, and the strawberry banana drink... a little frozen is perfect. Crispy cereal pancakes, herb and cheese omelet... strawberry wafers and the caramel nut bar... pretty much my staples... oh and the chili - diced up zucchini and mushroom- delicious!
  • Way to go
    Gobears and AFBrown2, you guys are inspirational. Each of you started somewhat around my start weight, and made it. Keeps me going
  • Some Thoughts
    For my own motivational purposes I want to post some thoughts.

I am doing IP with alternatives and without a coach. I don't think I would have been able to do it without this web-site. In my mind the success of some of you validates that it works, and gives it credibility. I am sort of a skeptic by nature, so this is necessary for me.

Other observations:
    1. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, just with the 30 pounds I have lost. Never will I say that it is enough. BUT, imagine what 30, or even 50 more would do. I will see in the next few months.
    A. I am much more mobile. I have a pretty bad back, probably because of the years of weight, and my hips flare up sometimes. Both still hurt, but so much less. I was on 800 mg of ibuprofen twice a day, and sometimes would add tylenol. Now, I have gone days without it, at times. I think it is not only the weight loss, but the reduction in inflamation caused by sugar, although I am no doctor. In any event, it is great. I began to worry about the long-term effects on my kidney and liver, and began to be concerned about diabetes. Less concerned now.
    B. I have already had to move down to smaller clothes. I feel better. 2XL. I know it may sound silly, but that is outstanding for me.
    C. I am more positive, and have more energy. I think it was the carb rollercoaster that I was on before. Always craving and trying to push more energy.
    D. Less heartburn.
    E. Generally, an overall sense of accomplishment. Like, I am getting this done. This thing that in the back of my mind, I always feared I would not be able to conquer. I think I can indeed do it!

I have been to 295 before. Indeed, I was there a couple years ago. But to give you an idea of my weight history.

At 21, I weighed 225. I just came back from a couple years in Africa, where I exercised regularly, and ate like a poor college student. I was told I looked too thin and gaunt. I am a big framed football sort of guy, and this was a very thin me, high school weight. But I would love to have that again, although I don't know if it was realistic.

In college, 22-25, I moved to around 250. After undergrad, I did construction for a year and my weight went up to 265. I was overweight for sure, but a big strong brute of a man.

Went to grad school at 26. Weight moved up to 300-305.

Three years later, at age 29, started a regular job. Weight 315. Been between 315, and 335 for about 11 years, with the occasional intense 2-4 months of fitness, bringing it down to a low of around 295.

SO... I am now down to equal my lowest weight in the past 14 or so years. I am ready for a lot more.

So, keep the posts rolling. Please, you veterans who have made it... please post, and I hope in several months, to be hitting 250 and be a veteran as well. And if I have the desire, or commitment, to go even lower.

Commitment, patient continuance.
  • Quote: Gobears and AFBrown2, you guys are inspirational. Each of you started somewhat around my start weight, and made it. Keeps me going
    Thanks BigMikey.. you can do it... I think when I started, I said it would take me 6-7 months, but I honestly never thought I would see it actually happen... 90+lbs.!!!! its still hard to believe...
  • Quote: 1. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, just with the 30 pounds I have lost. Never will I say that it is enough. BUT, imagine what 30, or even 50 more would do. I will see in the next few months.

Commitment, patient continuance.
    I lost 58lbs between the end of January and July. It is amazing just to think of it let alone having done it. I started CrossFit 3 weeks ago and am already doing things that I wouldn't have dreamt of doing any time in the last 10 years.

Those last 3 words of your post sum it up. Keep with it and you'll be glad you did.

There are several guys that started around the same time GoBears and I did and I often wonder whether or not they regret not sticking with it. I'm sure they tell themselves it wouldn't have worked but sure did seem to be doing it for them while they were here.
  • Sorry guys, but I love reading all the posts, they keep me going.

For the person that didn't care for the puddings, try making them into a shake. I love the dark chocolate pudding that I add 12oz. Of water to and it makes a satisfying drink.

Keep up the good work.
  • Anxious
    Anxious to be successful. 4lbs more this week.
  • Quote: Anxious to be successful. 4lbs more this week.
    Your had a pretty good week! Since we are the same height, from esperiance i know when you get under 270 the knees feel so much better! You're doing fine, take your time and concentrate and having the next IP meal. Concentrate on what you can eat, and stop having a pity party (if you are) on what you can't eat.

Veggies rock!
  • 12th day of my second time doing IP strategy (I use alternatives only). Last time I went from 197 to 167. 7 months later I was back to 188-190, didn't like that number so I started again. It's going well so far, 14 lbs to go as of this morning. I am hoping it goes fast enough that I can phase off correctly. Last time I did it over the Holidays and having to say no to the annual yummies was tough! This time my plan is to monitor my weight and keep it within 3 pounds of my goal...if I run over I take the measures needed to get back....it's too easy to let the pounds creep back on.
  • I sat in a booth this weekend and instead of my gut rolling over the table edge and on top of it there was at least a foot and a half of space between it and the table! HOLY CRAP! Did that make me feel good! Oh and I did not get any food down the front of me!