4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Hi,

I would like to join in your challenge. I'm a 42 stay at home mom and have been on this website since January. I was very motivated a few months ago and really started losing weight until about April when my motivation for diet and exercise really slipped.

I am 5'3, petite frame and currently weigh 129. I started six months ago at 141 and last year was at a high of 162. My goal weight (which I wanted to make by my 43 birhtday...my birthday is June 18 so it will not be happening) is 115. I would love to lose 5 pounds in your challenge.
  • Hi Debee! Welcome. these girls are great support. June 18 is my husbands birthday too.
  • I'm not doing particularly well, as I've only lost 1 lb this week. I do feel I'm doing well as far as eating the right things, but I guess I just have to try harder. I'm at 214 today, and at this rate I will never make the goal I set for myself! AAAGGGHHHH!

dustcatcher
  • I've been doing pretty crummy on the eating part, but exercise is going well. I do at least 20 min of my step aerobics video and a 40 min walk/run daily. Today is the first day I haven't really done anything, except a leisurely 20 min walk. The weather has been so awesome here. I am wearing a sweater!!!
  • No good news to post today. It seems thatI have gained wieght b/c I started lifting weights again and I have gained muscle. I am going to try to keep a happy outlook though. Afterall, I still have 2 weeks left.
  • Hi everyone!

Weighed in and was down .8 this week. Pretty good considering the stress here at home. So that makes my total loss at 4.8. I will get there, I hope!
  • Welcome Debee!
    Welcome Debee! I have entered you in this challenge. Looks like you are doing very well!

Gen
  • Well i haven't been to the gym in forever and i have loaned out my walking away the pounds to my mom and i haven't excercised in what seems like forever i have been sooo tired probably because i need to get off of my butt..I will still lose the 5 pounds though also my van isn't working but that's no excuse i can still move around here ...And i will start today..!
  • Well, I'm here to report a lack of progress. I know I haven't been very serious about dieting this month and the scale is reminding me about that. I've been flat since the beginning of the challenge. At least it's not up! I'm getting practice for when I need to maintain . Well, I was good today. The box of saltwater taffy someone gave me is gone (and I know where it went), but that's water under the bridge so to speak.

Angie, you said that a pound a week was slow, but for me that is very fast!!! Unless I am pushing myself hard, I usually only try to average 1/2 lb a week. The last few challenges I've been meeting my 1 lb/week goal and been on cloud nine.

Welcome, Debee! You've come a long way already.

Congrats to the losers out there and for those of us who are cruising for one reason or another, let's get back on track.

Later,
    -Deborah
  • Hi everyone
    Hi everyone! Welcome here Debee! Well everyone I'm down 3 lbs this week. This means 185 off and 5 more to goal~ Woo Hoo! What made me even happier, is that I've had to buy small and medium shirts lately. Something I never thought I'd be able to do, and a friend bought me a pair of size 6 capris and they fit perfect. I'm in shock, but really happy. Hope you all have a wonderful evening! Di
  • Sorry Deborah. I didnt mean to offend you. I never said a pound a week was slow. I said that I had a hard time losing it. I also had a month not too long ago where I only lost 3 pounds so I am no stranger to slow losses. I am not comparing my losses to anyone elses because we are all different. I am just trying to get this weight off me and keep it off.

Congrats Di and Gigglez!!! Way to go!!

I am reporting a 1/2 pound loss this week. How? I dont know. I dont expect a loss next week but we will see. We went out for my husbands birthday dinner and brought some home so tonight is a bad night but I will get back to business in the morning.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend.
  • Di, You Rock!!! Way to go on 3 pounds this week!!!185 pounds!!WOW!!! You must be so thrilled. You deserve every bit of happiness, you have worked your behind off to get where you are. YEAH!!! Nice going on the size 6 capris. You are such an inspiration!!
  • Angie
    Thank you Angie! You rock too! You've been an inspiration to all of us. Look at you only 3 more pounds and you're at goal. I am really getting anxious now to be there. Now to try to learn maintainence. That's always been my hard part, of course the exercise routine wasn't a part of my life in past attempts, at least not to this degree. If you have any tips or ideas on maintainence strategies, let me know. I want to learn everything I can to make this a life change. Hope you have a great weekend! Di
  • I was hoping you could give me some tips. I have failed at that miserably last time. Maybe Gen can help us both out.

I wanted to ask you how much cardio do you do a day? And how much weights? I told my hubby that I wanted a weight bench for my birthday so I can do the butterfly and legs and stuff. I need to tone up alot. You have inspired me alot to want to do weights.

I am with you on the life change. I dont want to gain this weight back again and have to try to lose it again. I have my bad days with eating but I guess that is a part of life and I have learned from this sight not to weigh in after a bad day and to get right back on track and keep going. This sight and all of you guys have helped me so much and I think I have learned so much more than I did the last time I lost it all. It really helps to tell someone who is going through the same thing and they help you to get back on track. I love that!

I did get a compliment from a long lost cousin of mine today at my neices party. He told my sister that I was alot smaller than I was in high school and so pretty. That made me feel good.
  • WTG Angie and Di!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I envy both of you. I hope to be near my goal one of these days. Di, size 6 capris and a sm shirt that is wonderful.

Sat. was off way off. Ds had a truphy party for t-ball and I had one hot dog(dog and bun only) a sm handful of chips and a sm slice of cake. That let to prok rinds and some popcorn at the movies. Dinner was ok sm serving of speg. That led to a slice of cheesecake with chocolate syrup on it. I did learn something yesterday though. After I ate those foods that I wasn't suppose to I got really sick to my stomach so I think that has helped me learn not to eat them anymore.

sandy