IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/21/2013

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: That's great! My first weigh-in is on Thursday and I am anxious to see. I jumped on the scale this morning (I knowww I'm not supposed to, but I couldn't resist) and I was down 4.9 lbs in my first 4 days! I have never been this successful before.

Question: How do you know how much of your loss is attributable to fat? I'd love to keep track of that along the way.
    Woot! Funny, my coach also didn't tell me not to weigh myself. LOL. I have been doing it pretty regularly as my boyfriend and I have a running joke that I won't disclose on here. As for the fat loss, my coach/center has a machine which breaks down the loss from lean muscle v. fat. It will also register water loss. It's kind of awesome, actually. That being said, I would love some solid measurements.

Quote:
    This year I stayed on program, hiked, cycled, and walked to celebrate my birthday. Now today - my first day back to work from vacation and birthday celebration - I put on my black slacks and what do you know - they are loose - not tight from overeating.*** I'd rather have this feeling and emotion than the past ones of being upset that I "oops I did it again" (in the famous words of Brittany Spears - can't believe I'm quoting Brittany Spears) and overate.
    WOooottttt! Congrats and happy birthday!

Quote: I've been OP for 3 weeks. I'm currently down 25 lbs. The first few days I felt exhausted. I'm not one to nap, but I did. I could tell my body is readjusting by the number of headaches and fatigue episodes I've had.

Not going to lie. It's HARD. As a matter of fact... I had a dream the other night that I ate bread and I knowingly cheated. I woke up and had to think back if I really did do that. It felt so real! Haha
    I had a similar dream the other night where I cracked open a soda and chugged it. I felt so bad after realizing what I was doing. I was glad it was just a dream. I think our bodies are just getting used to this change. As for the exhaustion, listen to your body. You may need another unrestricted item, perhaps more water or salt. Hope it passes.
  • Day 9 today and I got my first "have you lost weight?" from someone at work!!!! Love that! Especially because I haven't seen the scale move too much. I seem to be all over the place. First WI was early (day 4) and I was down 2 lbs. but my WI is in the evening at 6pm, probably not ideal. My early AM readings at home have me down 5. I've been a little disappointed with the slow start, but this was a great boost. Hoping to see lots of inches lost at Thursday's WI!
  • Just want to say hi.

Yesterday was Victoria Day here in Toronto, and we have hamburgers for lunch , eating a chicken breast patty in some lettuce was a win win, It was delicious ans I did not miss the bun or cheese.... so far 10 pound in 18 day. Thanks for all the help.
  • Glad to hear everyone is seeming to be OP today so far!!

Gorf What you may be experiencing is carb withdrawal which not only contributes to a headache but can also contribute you to not stomach certain foods for around 3 days as you go through the withdrawal. I know it's hard, but stick with it.. because you will feel FANTASTIC. The only reason you should be concerned is if you are allergic to the ingredients; however, during your health questionnaire your coach would have figured that out. Stick with it!
  • Quote: Today is my second day OP- I don't think I can do it. I am really hating the IP foods!! I am not that hungry and am ok eating a lot of veggies (I am vegetarian, so i like that!), but I have not liked one single IP food I have tried so far. Am I doing something wrong?!?!
    The first day, my plan consisted of the peach mango drink, tomato basil soup and the lemon poppy seed bar. Between the peach mango and tomato basil, I was done. And the lemon poppyseed wasn't anything to write home about either! Seriously I was going to throw out all of my food and throw in the towel. But I talked to a friend who has been on IP for a few months and she told me to try a couple of her favorites, which I did and they are awesome!!!! Like, seriously, I could eat these for the rest of my life and not feel like I'm dieting. I quickly exchanged all the nasty packets for ones I like.

For me, my favorites are Wildberry Yogurt drink, ready made chocolate and vanilla drinks and some of the bars. I like the caramel nut, peanut crunch the best. I also got the creamy bacon dressing from walden farms and found a recipe for a salad dressing with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, Splenda and spices that has made me love my salads again.

I still plan to try a few packets but I don't plan to reorder anything that isn't great. Some foods are delicious, some are just okay and some are absolutely nasty!!!!!! Everyone's tastes are different, so take time to find yours. I told myself if I hated the taste I would throw it away and open a new packet. Haven't done that yet (nothing was as bad as my first day of food) buy it helped knowing I could. My coach lets me buy individual packets, which really helps.

I'm only on day 9 but I've found foods I really like and I'm not hungry. That, in and of itself, is pretty awesome.

Good luck!
  • Quote: I've been OP for 3 weeks. I'm currently down 25 lbs. The first few days I felt exhausted. I'm not one to nap, but I did. I could tell my body is readjusting by the number of headaches and fatigue episodes I've had.

Not going to lie. It's HARD.

As a matter of fact... I had a dream the other night that I ate bread and I knowingly cheated. I woke up and had to think back if I really did do that. It felt so real! Haha
    25 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome!! Very encouraging!! I'm on day 2 & having a tough time, but seeing results from you & others on this forum helps me to stick with it. Go girl!!
  • Quote: Just had to share! My scale this morning told me that I now officially weigh LESS than I did when I graduated from high school 20+ years ago

How many people can say that? That has totally made my day

NOW THAT IS AMAZING!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • Quote: Just want to say hi.

Yesterday was Victoria Day here in Toronto, and we have hamburgers for lunch , eating a chicken breast patty in some lettuce was a win win, It was delicious ans I did not miss the bun or cheese.... so far 10 pound in 18 day. Thanks for all the help.
    EXCELLENT!!!! I always consider that a huge WIN. I know me and hamburgars, the OLD ME....would have had a big one with extra cheese

Keep it up!
  • Quote: I've been OP for 3 weeks. I'm currently down 25 lbs. The first few days I felt exhausted. I'm not one to nap, but I did. I could tell my body is readjusting by the number of headaches and fatigue episodes I've had.

Not going to lie. It's HARD.

As a matter of fact... I had a dream the other night that I ate bread and I knowingly cheated. I woke up and had to think back if I really did do that. It felt so real! Haha
    HAHA about the dream! I too have been OP for 3 weeks, and funny you say that about napping, I am not a napper either, but I have recently. Those headaches - boo. I know my poor body is de-toxing all that sugar. I don't seem to have them all day any longer, but at night I will get one.

Can't wait til those pass.

KEEP AT IT!
  • "Just had to share! My scale this morning told me that I now officially weigh LESS than I did when I graduated from high school 20+ years ago

How many people can say that? That has totally made my day "

OMG - THAT'S GOT TO BE A GREAT FEELING! WAY TO GO!!!!
  • Oh so depressed today. Trying to dust myself off and find the positives. I'm in an all day presentation skills seminar and we are being videotaped. Wow, I look HUGE!. Does not look like I lost 31 pounds already. I know that the video is not reality. The camera adds weight, LOL but gee, it added that much! Trying to remember where I have come from and also using this as a motivator to stick to the plan but, scheesch it is tough. I'm sure it doesn't help that I also have TOM right now. Feeling even bigger.
  • Quote: Definitely...hunger comes in waves. Are you making sure you get your oil in raw on top of salad or veggies vs. only cooking with it? The fat in the oil is satiating.

If so, you know just to stick with it. I'm confident that next week will be better

I really appreciate you responding to me. I do get my oil in . . . thanks for looking after me. Guess I'll just stick it out. Thanks again.
  • Quote: Oh so depressed today. Trying to dust myself off and find the positives. I'm in an all day presentation skills seminar and we are being videotaped. Wow, I look HUGE!. Does not look like I lost 31 pounds already. I know that the video is not reality. The camera adds weight, LOL but gee, it added that much! Trying to remember where I have come from and also using this as a motivator to stick to the plan but, scheesch it is tough. I'm sure it doesn't help that I also have TOM right now. Feeling even bigger.

Hang in there, Sweetie. We are always our own worst critics. Focus on what you've accomplished so far. You've done great! And think of how fabulous you'll look next time you have to do this.
  • WI number 12 today with a loss of 2 lbs
    Feeling depressed and like i want to throw in the towel. I am happy with the plan but just seem tired . My goal is only 5 lbs away but today I feel like enough is enough. Hopefully tomorrow the sun shines for the first time in a week and things will change .....
  • Quote:
    Also remember, at least per my coach, you can have 3-4 restricted and 1 restricted, especially in your 1st week. Good luck!

Regarding the carbs v. net carbs. Oddly, this was not told to me that we could deduct veggie carbs.
    Sarita - those were probably just typos in your post, but just so any newbies aren't confused:

1) it's 3-4 Unrestricted and 1 restricted

2) we don't deduct veggie carbs. we deduct their dietary fiber from the total carbs, to get our net carb amount. Example: a cup of cucumbers has 3 grams of total carbs, including 1 gram of fiber. So net carbs (3 minus 1) equals 2 carbs.