Coming back to "medifast" ?

• I lost 250 lbs on medifast back in 2006, and I've been on and off a variety of diets since then. To make a long story short, I need to re-lose about 80 lbs and have been trying to do it w/o medifast and am just not successful.

I have been doing some reading and I see people are doing the DietDirect stuff as cheaper replacements now. I saw their "BariWise" and "WonderSlim" shakes seemed to compare pretty well to medifast.

I wonder if I could just have 5 of these shakes per day + L&G? And that would be pretty much like doing medifast. They seem to be the same as far as the protein/fat/carbs/fiber/calories, but I can't tell if they vary much by the ingredients. Back when I originally did medifast (and I didn't even know what a calorie was), I was convinced that there was some magic chemical in the shakes that made you not hungry.

Thing is I can get 50 days worth of these for $325.

I don't care about variety, in fact when I did medifast, by the end of it I was just ordering 30 boxes worth of lattes.

They didn't have the regular bars when I had medifast. The bars were higher carb and you could only have one per day, the medifast folks always said they would kick you out of keto. Does anyone eat the bars prolifically (like 3 or more per day) and still do OK?

I am actually on a keto diet now, so I reckon it will be pretty easy to start medifast.

Thanks,

not a chick (i am a boy)
  • Now Medifast meals are all 110 calories and equally balanced nutritionally, so they are completely interchangeable. In the beginning I lived on shakes and bars, now that my taste buds have changed, I eat a lot more variety. I'm not really sure if I answered your question...

In the beginning I was eating 3 or 4 bars per day. Now I eat 1 or 2. I really only drink 1 shake per day now - my morning mocha.
  • Thanks! I think I am going to order half hot drinks and half bars, from Medifast, no imitations.

I'm sure the Wonderslim/Bariwise stuff is great, but I'd feel more confident going with something that has given me previous success.

Are there any other places on the internet for medifast discussion/support, other than this and the official forums? I got banned from the official forums for thinking freely at one point, and I'd rather go to a place with third party and impartial moderators. Not that I don't like this site, but it's going to be weird to explain if folks see me browsing it at work (again i'm a dude and i work with all dudes, doing medifast is going to be hard enough), with the name of the site and everything (though I do love fat chicks ).
  • Yeah personally I would stick with MF products because they are packed with the minerals and nutrients you need to be able to get away wth such a low cal, fruit free diet. I'm not sure you'd get everything your body needs with imitations unless you stick with that diet completely. Maybe, I just don't know.

I'm not a big fan of hot drinks. The cocoa is just OK. I love the shakes, and I absolutely love the bars, but I would get sick of them after awhile (that's just me though )

Other forums...I'm pretty active on the facebook page. I've seen other things, sparklife, maybe, when I googled random medifast info, but most of the google came back under 3fc.
  • I like the pretzels and cereal too. The crisps and puffs, not so much... The brownies are freaking awesome! I can't believe they're diet food - seriously.

I don't know f any other active MF sites, this one is barely active...