Let's get out of the 160's and 170's!!!!! - III

You're on Page 2 of 14
Go to
  • I weighed 168.2 this week! Two more pounds and I'll have lost 30 lbs! I've been struggling to get back below 170 for a while now, but I am determined to lose 1-2 lbs a week for the rest of the summer.

I usually don't exercise but I've started walking about 45 mins every day (it helps that I don't have a car so I walk to work!) and I walked five miles yesterday and today.

I REALLY want to get down to 150 by the time fall classes start (and then I'll probably buy a bunch of pretty "skinny" clothes as a reward haha) So close!
  • Ahh! I weighed in this morning at 178.2. I don't care how dead this thread is, I'm going to blow it up, haha! Finally, I'm back in the 170s... Getting up to 185 was such a humbling experience for me, my profession requires that I maintain a certain level of fitness, and I totally strained the limit! But I'm 7 pounds down over the course of my first week and a half or so, and I'm so ready for the next 7. The next 20 pounds constitutes half my goal, so I'm going to spend a lot of time in here workin it off!

Currently I'm running in the mornings and doing Insanity in the afternoons (just started yesterday!). Unfortunately I had a little shin pain this morning from all the jumping around on that Fit Test yesterday, so I'm going to do Insanity but reeeeally take it easy on anything requiring full-body jumps, because it's just more important to me to preserve my ability to run than it is to wreck myself doing Insanity :P If anyone else in here is doing it or has done it, I'll take any wise words you've got!

I'll be checking in regularly! See you around.
  • I've started a new weights routine. I really want a personal trainer but I just can't afford one. So, I downloaded this cool app on my phone and let it be my trainer! :P It's still so weird for me to be in the 170s - I was 176.2 this morning. I ran the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th and with that done, I'll be going back to spin class 4 times a week! I lost a good amount of weight on that routine so I'm really excited to start that again after all the running I did.
  • Hi all. I think this thread will be my home a while. I've managed to gain about 15lbs over the last year, and am now at 178. I've joined a daily morning bootcamp, and I'm thinking I should throw in extra cardio when I have time in the evenings too. I wanna get out of here!
  • I want to wait a few weeks to weigh myself, so for now I'll post without knowing my weight!

I was ROCKING it early this week. Ate great, killer workouts, etc. But something seems to always happen to stop my progress! And I know it's excuses, but last week I got fire ant bites on my hand (don't laugh, they made my hand swell from my fingers to halfway down my arm and any movement made it hurt very badly). Finally got back into it on Monday, and after a few days, my knee problems flared up again! This is on the back of the last few months (getting a tooth pulled and having it get infected, getting another tooth filling done, knee problem, and ankle acting up). I just want my body to WORK!!

Anyways...sorry for the mini rant As soon as my knee feels better, I have a whole new plan for exercise. I am avoiding the things that bother it (jumps and heavy weight squats), I am adding in the accessory muscles to support knee health, I'm adding in MORE stretches and will DO them to support knee health, and I will get a foam roller. I also will NOT jump and twist in zumba, but I will still do it! I will not let this be an excuse anymore!

Yesterday I went off my eating plan. I tend to do that when I get frustrated...all my mental willpower is zapped. But, my off plan wasn't nearly as bad as it's been in the past, so I am back on it today!
  • Fewer lunges in bootcamp this morning, so I'm hoping I won't be so sore this evening! It's only Mon-Fri mornings, so I get a break from it for 2 days anyway! I think I will still hit the elliptical both days, however.
    I was on track yesterday, and the scale was down a bit today - 176.6. I've gotta keep up this momentum! Weekends are tough...
  • hi ladies!

i will also rant for a minute, its been about 4 months since I've been on here, and in that time i quit smoking and then gained back 6 lbs . so here i am back and really really ready this time. I am tired of being the fattest one in the Christmas pics! well not this year!!!!
  • Finally in the 170s again! Ugh! I'll be blowing this thread up, too! I'm more determined than ever to see the 160s (which I haven't seen in 15 years??) lets do this ladies! And gents...? ))
  • I'm slowly working my way out of the 170s. I've been holding around 173.4 for the last few days.
  • Dealing with TOM... 177.0 today. Ugh.
  • 171 I was 167 for a long while but looks like I gained a few pounds out of nowheres. Here's to leave the 170's and not looking back this time. I'm new to here so I don't know if there is a thread about it but I'm looking for water ideas that don't involve anything artificial (Mio, Crystal Lite) but more like fruit. I'm trying to stick to that and coffee with just milk instead of the beer I've become fond of lately. I also need why more protein in my diet. Lately its just been cheese and bread. Need to insert some healthier stuff in there..
  • hmmm well i think my scale is broke! i swear every time i get on it it says something different i think the general consensus was 160.4 this morning but I'm not gonna consider anything official till i get my new one. I'm super excited about it the new one is supposed to measure body fat and calculate my BMI. so i will definitely be hanging around here till then(and probably after too)!
  • I'm back at 179.8 and soooo over being borderline 180s!! Ready to bust through this plateau and at least break 175!!
  • well got my new bowflex scale! that thing is awesome and it also agreed with my other one at 158.0 this morning so it looks like I'll be moving on after alll
    good luck to yal all and hope to see yal soon!
  • Well helloooo 170s. I've missed you.

Hey ladies! I am super psyched to be checking out of the 190s/180s thread and into this one. And hoping to get out of the 170s in the opposite direction this time around.

179.4 this morning, with my digital scale briefly flashing 178.8 at me. I'm choosing to stick with 179.4 for now, and we'll see if my too-good-to-be-true number pops up again in the next few days!

Jackie:
    I hear ya woman. Feeling like the fattest person at any event is a major ego downer. Of the 10ish women at my work who are in their 20s-30s, I am most certainly the heftiest, and it doesn't feel good. But we'll change all that.

Abroad:
    Love the determination! We'll see those 160s in NO TIME.

Psychic:
    Awesome!! How ya doing in the last couple days?

shelflife:
    Oh man. Same. Horrible aspect of weight loss journeys... TOM loves to wreak havoc with the scale, eh? Hang in there darling, just a few days til you're out of the woods!

postwedding:
    Hmmm. I'm a sucker for Mio, so that's a good call... I googled a little and found this recipe for "Fat Flushing Water" (?) but it does sound good! It says the longer it sits, the better it gets.

-1/2 gallon water
    -6 wedges grapefruit
    -1 tangerine
    -sliced ½ cucumber
    -sliced 2 peppermint or mint leaves
    -Ice

If you try it, lemme know how it is! Maybe I should give it a shot over the chemical-y Mio...!

Jackie:
    Eeeee, so close to out of the 160s! Way to go woman! Hope the new scale can clear things up for ya.
    EDIT: Yaaaaaaay!!!!!! Congratulations! And yay for the new scale. Kick-*** in the next thread down!

Carter:
    Yaaaaaay, someone I remember from the old days.
    Glad to see a familiar face, and SO with you on getting the **** out of the borderline 180s! How ya doing these days!?