Wonderslim 10

You're on Page 12 of 29
Go to
  • A note on the "frosting" for my "cupcakes". I plan to try a different, more real type this weekend that is based loosely off my Swiss Meringue Buttercream. If it works, it will taste 1000% better than what I posted. I have to make two cakes this weekend, for a birthday and for Father's Day, so since I will be in the commercial kitchen, I can experiment while I wait for the cakes to bake.
  • zoesmom The recipe looks really good. I don't have any of the drink packets, so I'll have to wait on making it.
  • Been staying on track. The past three days ate 100% on plan. Feel good. Sugar is still higher than I think it should be, my fasting blood sugar, but during the day it's normal. Celebrate!!

Looking forward to coffee with a friend on Saturday and then a visit to the kids' for Father's Day. Ava is 16 months old now and I'm so proud of her daddy. Then I've decided this week to try to sell my house and buy a little condo, so my spare time will be spent for the next while getting my house ready.

Important for me to stay connected to people on this site, it really helps keep me motivated!
  • Hi All!
    Haven't made the order yet. Just got back from Walt Disney World and want to place an order. I guess I will go with the Value Bundle. Diet Direct is having a 15 percent off sale.
  • YEAH Brunette! I think you'll love the program!

Nimble - so jealous. I am still in an apartment. Every time we get money saved up for a house, life gets in the way and demands more money from us (read insane medical bills from my illness last summer.) I am glad we help you stay motivated. Lord knows 3FC is my saving grace!!!!

irish - I actually want to try a few more things desert wise with the packets. I have a combination of ideas. I've been studying the composition of the packets and think I might be able to pull off some killer deserts! See what happens when you give a baker a product!!
  • I have lived in an apartment all my life so I do not know what it is like to live in a house. I wish I did have a house of my own, but I bought a condo in SC for when I retire so that is where my money went. Nimble you might feel claustrophobic in an apartment at first. Also remember that you do not have the freedom to do whatever you want to do when you want to do it in an apartment. Have to be respectful of the neighbors.

I know how you feel all. Without this board I would have been a goner a long time ago. I haven't been an active participator in a while since I have been having trouble with a tooth. Finally made it to the dentist. Just what I thought, a crown. But I have been reading everyone's thoughts on this forum.

The weather here is supposed to be great this weekend so I will be outside for most of it.

Zoesmom, you truly are a creative person. I thank you very much for your recipes and making the meals that much more better.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Overstock meals
    Dear WonderSlim users, anyone else here from Canada ? I have a couple of boxes left of some products that I'd like to sell, and it's not really worth it to mail them back to the US. Anyone interested, please let me know.
  • Today I'm wearing some jeans I haven't worn before, and they are really long so I'm wearing heels, which I never do, and the shirt I put on is really too big but I'm wearing it for the last time today. So I feel tall and smaller today, despite only losing 1 pound this week.

Punmama and zoesmom, thanks for the input about my plans. It's a big yard, a lot of stress and it seems like $100 every time I turn around with a house. Especially with the yard in the summer. My husband died 3 1/2 years ago and he dealt with the stuff that is hard for me. I really am ready to let the house go, downsize my belongings, and move into my last residence. We will see if it works out.

I lived in a condo when I was single and except for Biskitt, it suits me better. I feel safer, I don't worry about the exterior stuff, and it's all I need. Biskitt won't like being walked on a leash again, but it gets me out to meet the neighbors.

And I will feel more like getting out and walking as time goes by!
  • Nimblegranny,
    Congratulations on your loss of inches and pounds of course. Doesn't it feel so nice to be able to wear things that you didn't think you would ever wear again? That makes you want to stay on target.

You are right about a condo. It would be nice not to have to do things outside like mowing the lawn etc. I know at my age I can't see me doing that. I mowed a lawn once in my life and that was about it. I also broke the lawnmower doing it.
    By the way, I just love your mini-goals. I can relate to all but one of them.
  • Quote: YEAH Brunette! I think you'll love the program! Nimble - so jealous. I am still in an apartment. Every time we get money saved up for a house, life gets in the way and demands more money from us (read insane medical bills from my illness last summer.) I am glad we help you stay motivated. Lord knows 3FC is my saving grace!!!!

irish - I actually want to try a few more things desert wise with the packets. I have a combination of ideas. I've been studying the composition of the packets and think I might be able to pull off some killer deserts! See what happens when you give a baker a product!!
    Thanks Zoesmom! You are always so helpful and nice. BTW I have read your blog and really enjoyed it! You are such an incentive. Brunette
  • Quote: *
    Thanks Zoesmom! You are always so helpful and nice. BTW I have read your blog and really enjoyed it! You are such an incentive. Brunette
    Oh Lord! I guess I best update it then! I figured no one reads it so I only post every now and then. Lesson learned! I think I'll work on drafting a post this weekend when I find time between all those freaking cakes I am doing this weekend. I swear, I either have nothing or I am swamped! But thank you, I greatly appreciate what you said.

msaumure - I think we are all in the US here. You might want to try the IP boards. I know several users there are on the alternatives and many are in the Canadian area. I know tarrifs can be a load of money, so I understand your lack of interest of sending across the border.

Nimble - huzzah! A pound lost! GO you!!!!

irish - if you have any whey protein powder around, you can use that too....it would just be one scoop. Of course...not entirely sure how it would taste since I didn't use any, but the measurements will be the same. Or at least, should be. 28-32g I believe is what is in each WS packet. So, just make sure it weighs that

punmama - ah shucks! You are going to make me blush! I got lucky at a young age and was apprenticed under a fairly popular European chef for a few years. He drilled in my head to never be satisfied with something unless I have attempted 1000 different ways to prepare it, so...I experiment a LOT in the kitchen. Granted, he didn't teach me baking, I learned that one on my own, but the principle is the same. Keep going until I find a winner.

Of course...thinking on him...how many of you like soda? I want to jump up and down and scream "MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!" But, soda really isn't the best thing to down 2 litres of throughout the day. Anyways...want a healthier version of pop that leaves you satisfied and thinking of summer? This used to be Alec's favorite beverage and it quickly became a staple in my life:

8 to 12 ounces club soda
    2 tablespoons Torani sugar-free syrup (they make tons of flavors...vanilla, caramel, chocolate, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry.....)
    OPTIONAL - 1 tablespoon heavy cream (I tend not to do this much as it adds calories, fat, carbs, and everything else)

Serve over ice and ENJOY! You just made Irish soda!
  • Quote: Oh Lord! I guess I best update it then! I figured no one reads it so I only post every now and then. Lesson learned! I think I'll work on drafting a post this weekend when I find time between all those freaking cakes I am doing this weekend. I swear, I either have nothing or I am swamped! But thank you, I greatly appreciate what you said.
    If you write it... we will read it.
  • Nimblegranny Congratulations on the 1 lb. loss
    I know it is a tough decision to sell the house after our spouse is gone. My husband died 10 years ago, I still have a 2 story house. It's too big for me now, but it does keep me busy. Cleaning the house, vacuuming the pool, and mowing the lawn is my form of exercise!

punmama Glad you got to the dentist, hope the pain is gone.

zoesmom
    Quote:
    You just made Irish soda!

So the baby is napping and I thought it would be a good chance for me to pop in. I have been doing WonderSlim since August 2012, I think my plateau stems from my body needing a break (at least that is what I am going with ). This week I have used some WS products for breakfasts and lunches, dinners have been an anything goes.. it's been fun!!!

Actually, I haven't really strayed too far, but I have been doing SmartOnes with a salad for dinner. Really missed those 4 little mini pizzas I put on a couple pounds, but now it seems to be coming back off..although my son and DIL are taking me out to dinner tonight.

I think Sunday I will start back on WS and see if this break has helped to move things along. I have still been quite active,(watched the baby all day Friday and went and mowed the lawn when he left.) which is probably why, I only gained a couple pounds.

I have been reading here every day, just with the amount of times I have babysat/kept him overnight, I haven't had a lot of time to post. Next week should be better, we are going back to our regular schedule. I should have baby Monday & Friday only.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • Good Monday Morning all. I hope everyone had a great weekend?

Zoesmom, that "soda" sounds very easy to make. I have a ton of DaVinci sugar free syrups at home which will glady use up in club soda. I am not much of a soda drinker but in the summer months I know an ice cold glass of soda will hit the spot.

Irish, I hope going back to WS will kill that plateau that you are having right how. It is beneficial to your body to do something else so that your matabolism gets jarred again and you will lose the weight again. Switch things up a bit. Have a great time today with your grandchild.

Had a very good weekend. I tend to do that when I am not at home though. No temptations and I only pack my WS meals with me to take me through the days I am not at home. This way I am forced to stay OP. LOL.

Be well everyone.
  • Okay I had a big scare yesterday when my computer wouldn't let me on this site because of a malware alert. I tried all day, and it was saying the same thing on my phone. I was going to really miss this! And now today it's back. Did anyone else have this problem?