Made an early low carb breakfast-in-bed for Mothers Day

• My whole family is going out for brunch tomorrow for Mother's Day. My wife usually likes to sleep in on Mother's Day... and the kids and I do the breakfast-in-bed thing. Well, since we're going out tomorrow, we decided to let her sleep in this morning and do the breakfast-in-bed today.

Usually our breakfasts are very plain and boring. Many times we just have protein shakes. When we get "fancy", its eggbeaters in a low carb wrap. But recently I was looking through Skinnytaste and saw this recipe which really looked good:

http://skinnytaste.ziplist.com/sousc...omelets-2.html

It was good! And it was so easy to make! I will definitely be making it again. What made it even easier (and lower in fat and calories) is that I used the flavored egg beaters (Florentine for some and Southwest for others). I didn't just have broccoli, so I used a bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix. I think next time I make it I am going to try omitting the cheese and replacing it with the Friendship 1% whipped cottage cheese. In addition to cutting down on the fat and calories, I think this will make it more like a quiche. I think this is going to be a regular weekend routine. Hopefully, the leftovers will keep well so that we can eat them for several days afterward.

I also had a bag of Bob's Red Mill Low Carb Baking Mix in my pantry, so I decided to whip up a batch of pancakes with it. I also had WF Pancake Syrup which I have used in other recipes. I was pretty impressed with the way the pancakes came out. My wife really liked them. Neither one of us have had a pancake in over 8 months.
  • What a sweet husband you are!! And everything sounds delicious!
  • Quote: What a sweet husband you are!! And everything sounds delicious!
    Thanks, Elvis. I have my moments!
  • Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to ask my husband and kids make this for me tomorrow