I know this is probably crazy

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So, i posted this morning that I have hit goal and have moved into phase 2. Has anyone else had second thoughts when the hit their goal weight that maybe the should have gone a little further? I'm already worried about gaining the weight back, which I do not want to do, even the 3-5 lbs I have been advised of in phase 3. Will I still go down a few lbs in phase 2???
  • I lost in P2; I lost in P3. I gained 2 pounds in P4, but I was several pounds UNDER my goal weight. I did that on purpose and continued losing after I knew it was time to stop.

No, it's not crazy.

But I understand that there might be a 2-3 pound gain as our bodies reach the equilibrium and get back to functioning normally.

Congrats for reaching your goal!
  • Thank you Joysh . I hit my goal, which for me is the # I want to stay at. I'm much more comfortable knowing that I will still lose a few in Phase 2 and maybe in Phase 3 as well. BTW, you look FANTASTIC!!!!
  • Well, I went two below (and as you can see over the months re-gained)...I continued to lose in P2 and P3. I even lost in P4. I'm a quick gainer and quick loser. It's a little scary. It's a learning curve. Just follow the plan and trust that it works.
  • I just started phase 2 also. I'm missing phase 1 already. Are you having a hard time eating 8oz of protein for lunch and dinner? I am! All of my friends on IP lost in phase 2. So I went into phase 2 three pounds from my goal. Not worried at this point!

• I am actually very interested to see the responses to this thread. I have reset my goal weight to 5lbs under in anticipation of a little weight gain on P2+.
  • I phased off just before Christmas, when I'd reached the weight my Dr. had recommended. I was around 157 lbs at that time. I had about a 3 lb 'glycogen regain', and it seemed to all come back to my stomach...putting me between pant sizes and just making me feel 'too big' in the stomach still.
    So right after Christmas I decided to come back to P1 and get to 150.... then I went a bit lower still, figuring that I'd regain a bit again. I didn't lose in P2 or P3 - actually I skipped P2 and went straight to P3 - and I have put on about 2 lbs with the glycogen again. But so far I'm staying below my ceiling for maintenance - which is 150lbs. Depending on my sodium intake each day I seem to stay 'fairly effortlessly' around 149lbs. But I'm keeping an eagle eye on it!
  • I still lost in P2 (there is only 100-200 calorie difference between P1 and P2), and kind of leveled off in P3. I never saw a big gain back once I hit maintenance either, but I do have to watch myself and make sure to do the P1 days if I indulge the day before.
  • Quote: So, i posted this morning that I have hit goal and have moved into phase 2. Has anyone else had second thoughts when the hit their goal weight that maybe the should have gone a little further? I'm already worried about gaining the weight back, which I do not want to do, even the 3-5 lbs I have been advised of in phase 3. Will I still go down a few lbs in phase 2???
    My goal is set at 10 lbs below the highest I want to be. That way if I gain 5 lbs, I can start dieting again. That is just me
  • I've only been in maintenance a couple of weeks but haven't gained except for a bit when I went to Jamaica but that was all gone within days of returning. I lost in P2 and P3 as well. I haven't done any P1 days even after indulging....I just try to be a little more careful the day after. I was and still am worried about regaining the weight. I think it's normal to worry about it.
  • Hi,
    I too lost in p2 and p3, now maintaining in p4, without a gain except TOM and it was 1lb and thank goodness went down after.
    I am still carefully adding foods and checking the scale daily in case of any
    sudden changes. So far so good, just scared all of a sudden the weight will just come back, crazy!!

D
  • Quote: I just started phase 2 also. I'm missing phase 1 already. Are you having a hard time eating 8oz of protein for lunch and dinner? I am! All of my friends on IP lost in phase 2. So I went into phase 2 three pounds from my goal. Not worried at this point!

I did have a bit of trouble getting in all the protein yesterday, I missed my drink at lunch . Today I have split it up and had 2 eggs this morning, so it will not be so much at lunchtime.
  • I only did 5 or 6 days of P2 and my weight didn't change. Didn't gain in P3, and am at end of first week of P4 with no gain. TOM started this morning, so surprised that I didn't have a small gain over the past few days due to that especially as I could definitely feel that I was retaining some water this past week.
  • I did the same thing, when I hit goal at 140, i changed my goal to 130 because my body just wasn't where I wanted it to be. I'm now at 137.2 and it's taking FOREVER to get to 130, but I'm going to stick with it.
    I've become quite comfortable on P1 and am wondering how I'm going to squeeze that extra 8oz of protein in per day, but we shall see.
  • I don't think it's crazy.

IP reshapes our bodies differently than other diets so we end of looking more toned and/or slender than when we were at the same weight at other times if our lives.

Go for the result you really want!