Crankmeister IP

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all,
    I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced what am currently going through. It seems to me that all of my coworkers and friends are being absolute jerks and my fuse is extremely short. Rather than assuming the stars have aligned to make EVERYONE a pain at the same time, I'm starting to wonder if it's just me. Of course, I'm joking about that little bit, but I am curious if anybody else has experienced the hair trigger fuse and if so, what did you do about it?? The last thing I want to do is alienate everybody I know and I can only hide out for so much longer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (by me and my friends!). Thanks!
  • Quote: Hi all,
    I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced what am currently going through. It seems to me that all of my coworkers and friends are being absolute jerks and my fuse is extremely short. Rather than assuming the stars have aligned to make EVERYONE a pain at the same time, I'm starting to wonder if it's just me. Of course, I'm joking about that little bit, but I am curious if anybody else has experienced the hair trigger fuse and if so, what did you do about it?? The last thing I want to do is alienate everybody I know and I can only hide out for so much longer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (by me and my friends!). Thanks!
    It's the diet

When you lose a lot of weight quickly, you release floods of estrogen into your system (estrogen stores in our fat cells). That basically makes you PMS nonstop, for many that comes with short fuses, overemotional responses, etc. Eventually your body will adjust, but just know that it means the fat is melting away!
  • It passes. I was this way for the early weeks of the plan, too. I threw a legendary temper tantrum in the kitchen one day. (Not all bad -- everyone puts their dishes into the dishwasher now!) It has evened out. Hang in there.
  • 3 weeks in I completely ruined my husbands birthday. I cried and cried over something so silly and then I didn't talk to him for 2 days after (i think because I was embarrassed). So out of character for me and he was flabbergasted! It passes, I promise!!
  • You're not alone, I feel like I've been on an emotional roller-coaster since I started. I keep telling myself it's a small price to pay!
  • Whew! I'm glad it passes, I just hope it doesn't last too long. My DH has been very kind to me of late in fear of it, so I guess it does have its benefits
  • Perma PMS, lol...that's a good way of thinking about it...I'm a wreck too, but I've lost 27lbs in 2 months, so too bad for everyone else, they'll have to hang in there, I'm in a medical crisis!!
  • I have a high stress job already. When you add in the irregular and often prolonged TOM, Ketosis (rotting fruit) breath, hair loss, saggy skin and fatigue, of course I'm cranky!
  • Quote: I have a high stress job already. When you add in the irregular and often prolonged TOM, Ketosis (rotting fruit) breath, hair loss, saggy skin and fatigue, of course I'm cranky!
    This actually made me laugh as we're all going through it -- it sure doesn't SOUND like a great diet, yet here we all are, going strong and not wanting to stop all of the above.... Guess the end results are worth all of the above!
  • Oh, Im a loose canon ! lol Glad im not alone
  • Almost ashamed to admit it, but I kind of LIKE my new *****y self. Sick of always being the nice one.
  • Quote: Almost ashamed to admit it, but I kind of LIKE my new *****y self. Sick of always being the nice one.
    LOL, I can relate to this and totally agree! Now that I've evened out more, I don't think I am being unreasonable anymore, just more myself and more persistent. I think it comes from more confidence and more energy.

My son told me the other day, in the middle of arguing with me over the concept of homework over summer, that I am "crabbier since I've been on this diet." Of course, I denied it immediately, but stuck it in my back pocket to carefully consider later. I really thought about it and watched myself carefully for a while after that. I have concluded that I am not "crabbier," but I do have more energy to follow through on things and to not give in simply because I'm tired. Woe is my son.
  • Quote: in the middle of arguing with me over the concept of homework over summer
    HAHAHA I'm glad I'm not the only one whose parents made them do homework over the summer.

Fight the good fight in the name of mathematics!
  • Quote: HAHAHA I'm glad I'm not the only one whose parents made them do homework over the summer.

Fight the good fight in the name of mathematics!
    LOL, the math workbook is required by the school, but I helped myself to a grammar workbook while I was ordering. I think that a young man of 13 years should know the difference between there, they're, and their by now. That earned me the "meanest mom" and the "you're ruining my entire summer!!!" Award.
  • Quote: Hi all,
    Oh, I totally had the estrogen flood during the first 2 weeks. And again recently (as I was off program for a few weeks and started back again.) It passes. No advice, just best wishes!