Body Just Won't Let Go....

• Okay, I have meticulously kept track of my calories now for almost 3 weeks as I figured I had to be going waaaayyy overboard somewhere in order for me to have not been losing any weight. I had my fifth baby 8 1/2 months ago. I weigh the exact same now as what I did a week after delivery. I weighed about 10 pounds less than what I do now at about 2 months post partum (which was a rapid weight loss w/o trying), but gained it all back in less than two weeks. I still eat what I did before pregnancy. Why am I not losing? Why haven't I lost?? After tracking my calories meticulously, I eat between 1500 (one day only)- 2100 (two days) calories, with the most consistent (15 days out of 20) being 1800 (give or take 50 cals). I am nursing. I am 30 (yep count 'em!) pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. Anyone know what the heck is going on?? If I eat more calories, I gain I am really starting to become depressed about this. I am at such a loss. Can anyone chime in here please?
  • 3 weeks may not be long enough to accurately gauge if what you're doing is working. Give it a bit more time. Try to be more consistent day to day.

And remember, a nursing mother's body will try to protect her milk supply at all costs. Try to eat at least 2000 calories a day.

Good luck!
  • I agree with Mozzy.
  • I tracked my calories to see exactly how much I have been eating. My diet hasn't changed in months.
  • I am in the EXACT same situation OP. Down to how many pounds over pre pregnancy I am too. I have discovered this to be true for all my children. I had my third a year ago. I think my genetics are just survivors and hold onto EVERY ounce of fat they deem necessary so the baby will never starve. (That is what I tell myself anyway) It could also be possible that you are not eating enough and your body is holding onto fat because you are nursing. For myself I haven't been able to lose that 30 lbs until I wean. So for now Im just trying to eat whatever I want when I am hungry and stopping when I am full and trying to get moderate exercise. Oh and trying to not stress about it.

If you discover the secret please let me know!