Paleo Burn

• Hey Ladies!

Has anybody tried the Paleo Burn system, or tried eating on a paleo diet? With summer approaching, I'm looking into healthier eating and I've heard a lot of hype about Paleo Burn. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • Paleo Burn, no. But I do eat paleo style, I use a variant called "Primal Blueprint". I see it as a lifestyle, and I've found that I feel fantastic when I'm eating properly and I lose weight rather effortlessly also. The hardest part about eating paleo is that there is simply so much crap in the supermarket and my willpower isn't always the strongest and I cave in and eat things I shouldn't. I'm actually actively in the process of trying to get back on plan now.
  • Do you have any advice for someone who's interested in starting out? I'm not really sure where to start or what literature I should look at.
  • Quote: Do you have any advice for someone who's interested in starting out? I'm not really sure where to start or what literature I should look at.
    The website I provided is a fantastic place to start. It's where I started.
    www.marksdailyapple.com
    On the homepage, go to the "start here" tab.
    For support, join the forum.
    For encouragement, read the success stories. I love reading success stories.

Books:
    The Paleo Solution
    Primal Blueprint

Basically all the paleo books are going to have a similar premise. Eliminate all processed foods, all additives, all sugars, and all (or most, depending on plan) grains. Try to eat free range organic meat, and organic vegetables. Where they may differ is some plans forbid all grains where some allow quinoa and rice, and some plans forbid beans and other plans allow it, some plans say no potatoes and other plans allow it. Do what fits your body best. If you're doing this to lose weight, then keeping your carbs pretty low to start may be helpful. I lose weight if my carbs are under 100g a day. (the average American diet has 300-400g or more carbs per day). If you want to go very low carb, then keep it under 50g. And that all depends on whether you are sensitive to carbs. I am, and so weight loss depends on me keeping my carbs down. Some people aren't and as long as they keep their calories in the right range they lose weight. Many people find that eating primally naturally keeps their calories down (because the food is more nutritionally dense and satisfying) and that they lose weight rather effortlessly. Other people find they still have to count calories. Everything is individual.