June Challenge!!!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Sounds like everyone is making some progress, keep up the great work. On the other hand i need to get with the program i only worked out4x this week, had problems with fam, car and boyfriend, but everything has worked out so I am going to get back OP. talk to you later ladies...rahael
  • tonic
    to answer your question from a few days ago-my foot problem could go away. it seems to be getting better. but the doctor said it could heal up from staying off it, but as soon as i start running or anything like that, it could flare up. i just have to be careful and see what works best. it sucks because i miss aerobics. but i like spinning, but spinning and bike everyday get kind of old!

Jenn
  • Hang in ther Tonic....the last few pounds will come off soon...just keep up the good work. And 25 isn't all that old. Especially since I'm looking at it from the other side of 25 being 26 myself.

Needing to up my water levels too Jenn. Good luck!! I'm thinking the heat will help though since it's getting hotter here.

Betty
  • 25 is not old, but i feel your pain. i just turned 25 on May 29, and everytime i fill out a form or something, and the boxes are "18-24" and "25-32" or something, i get depressed, i used to be in the other box!!!

Yesterday i made this big excel workbook to log food, exercise, water, and weight. in the food section i track calories, fat, fiber, points, and carbs. OMG, yesterday I had almost 400 carbs! (and 3300 calories-way too many!) i didn't realize how much carbs were in everything. I also noticed that I was very hungry throughout the day, and I am sure the two are connected. I am going to start paying more attention to the area.
  • Just checking in. So far I have been doing good on my goals except this week I haven't had time to really do much exercise. I've been eating pretty well and drinking water (not as much as I should though). I feel really great, weight wise, so hopefully I'm losing. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see if I've lost any.
  • I am getting all my water in, the exercising, not so much b/c I had a kidney infection that felled me last week, but today I AM walking 2 miles, whether that dog likes it or not!
  • Argh! I've had about 4 days off-plan in terms of eating (probably equates to 1 1/2 days completely off plan since eating poorly went hand-in-hand with not very much time to eat).

Hmm...and let's see a trend - also 3 days without doing PM back exercises, 1 day of the bike (but last 2 days I don't bike anyway), 2 days of vitamins, and 1 day of water.

And DH wondered why I was cranky yesterday???

Only relatively good thing is that with all my eating, I stuck relatively close to my "no sugar before something else" goal. Sometimes that "something else" wasn't any better than pure sugar, so I gave myself half credit for that.

But, it's a new day! The past 4 days were pretty hectic too, so I am going work extra hard today to tie up all the loose ends, stay on plan, and be able to have a little breathing room tomorrow!

We are getting into the time of year I love in FL - rainy season. I love rain. LOVE it. Don't love wet feet though. Part of running around today will be to invest in good pair of rain boots.

OK. Gotta go attack that bill pile (oh, I'm not supposed to do that at work? I had no idea...).
  • FM--I know what you mean about loving the rainy season. We've been having afternoon thunder showers up here in GA most afternoons. We always had those in June when I was little. So I'm enjoying seeing their return.

I went shopping this afternoon with my Momma and had an AWESOME surprise. There was this pair of silver pants that I really liked, but the store only had them in a size six. But I figured what the heck, I would try them in a 6. So I did...and they FIT!! I was SO excited. I have NO idea what I weigh, I've not weighed in ages, but I do know that there must be progress being made b/c I'm down at least a size now. Yay!! Anyway...I hope this week is starting off really well for everyone else too.

Oh! Also I called the school where I will be teaching this fall and found out that my classroom had been assigned today! That was awesome news as well.

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Betty
  • Betty - Congrats on the size 6 pants

FM - I know how it feels to be OP but you will get back on track

SAPF - You're doing great! Keep it up

The week didn't start out too well with me. The only good thing that I did yesterday was drink all my water. I really need to do well this week if I'm going to be anywhere near my goal of a 5 pound loss this week. I hate that I do well one week and crappy the next. I really need to get with the program. Hopefully the next time I write I will have good news.
  • A bit late but here's the progress:

1. Drink at least 1 liter of water a day [which is a huge jump since I drink none now]
    I started on Sunday -- 15 days in. But have been drinking [and peeing] more than I ever have!

2. walk twice a week, once my foot heals
    Foot's not healed, but I've been playing softball, making hits, and having to run to base. It's rough!

3. bike with kiki's bike 2x a week
    Tonight! I WILL TRY! Weather's been so crappy, who wants to bike in the rain?

4. get down to the local Y and check out membership costs and the place itself
    This Weekend!

5. keep eating well! And not beat myself up when I binge [because it's inevitable that I will do it from time to time] -- but rather, try to figure out why so I won't do it again.
    I'm trying but it's hard. Very hard.
  • Hi
    Sorry for the lack of posts. My parents have been visiting so I have been *very* busy. They are leaving shortly (tomorrow) so hopefully I will be back to normal. I have been getting some exercise in (walks each day).. but otherwise not much to report.

Anyways.. hope everyone is doing well... and I hope to be back online soon.
  • Tanya - great to see you back...I was wondering about you this morning...Glad to hear that things are going well. Have you heard anything from Monique?

Monique - are you out there? You are missed. I hope that things are alright with you...

Kris
  • Kris - No.. I have not heard anything from her. I sent her a PM on the site, but I have heard nothing. I am guessing she just needed some time away from focusing on weight loss.. I know I was thinking about doing that too. Hopefully she will come back to us though.

So I am now free again.. and going to get back on plan
  • well i have been doing good w/my non-exercise goals. I think I mentioned my injured foot before-well it isn't much better but i am stubborn and haven't been staying off it like the doctor said to. And actually I was thinking yesterday that it has been hurting since Nov-Dec so I can't expect it will heal overnight! Ugh! What a pain (no pun intended!) I didn't exercise last week (was sick) and i noticed some improvement, and i tried to stay away from any shoes with heels on them (which is hard because almost all my shoes have heels!) and I think that makes a difference too. so i am going to keep on with this, pretty much not do cardio (Maybe sneak in a few bike rides but nothing to put pressure on the foot) and concentrate on weights for now and hope it heals up on its own. I can try a steriod shot but I'm not so sure I want to do that yet.

the only cardio i can do is swimming, which I haven't done in so long. i guess if it does't get better soon i can give it a shot.

jenne1017 i noticed you said you had a foot injury too. hope yours heals faster than mine!

ttyl
    Jenn
  • Haven't been doing good with any of my goals. That's all I have to say about that.

Invite - Come join us in the "Summer Challenge Part 2" in the Miscellaneous clubs. weigh-ins every Friday!