May Golden Girls

You're on Page 13 of 14
Go to
  • Another quick one as gc are still here. We just stayed home last night and played games. Today we went to Target for new movies as we didn't have much and the best one was cracked. We also stopped by so they could spend a little time getting to know our son (their uncle) and his gf better, then home. They have been watching their movies ever since. Mama should be coming soon. I was exhausted last night! Haven't been tracking my meals. My weight is stable again but I really need to get back to tracking.
  • Hola!

Had a lovely visit with Rie! She's easy to be around, and we did solve most of the world's problems. I'm so glad we FINALLY got to meet!!!
  • Hi everyone. we are having the most beautiful weather finally,it was 70+ out today and sunny and the leaves are budding on the trees. we went 1/2 the way to anchorage today to meet our oldest dd and grkids, needed to give them stuff to take when they leave tonight for texas to see our grson Tim graduate from airforce basic's. it was a fun road trip but now im pooped. we took Pepper so they could see her. she travels really well laying on the back of my neck and shoulders lol.and of course they all loved her. thankyou for the nice birthday greetings i had a really nice day. jess am sorry for the loss of your sister saying goodbye is hard. glad you got to meet rei. we are happy for you guys but jealous too. hope your weekends awesome rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    larabar

lunch
    1/2 turkey wrap (split it with my dd)
    water

snack
    a piece of butter pecan fudge from a food vender near canyon creek where we met our dd and coffee/ super yummy

dinner
    grilled chix breast
    potatoe vegie packett (wrapped in foil and grilled)
  • We had a precious time with the gc again yesterday. They wear me out but I do love having them. Last night we went to our sons for a BBQ. I took some fruit bars that the kids like for dessert and dh and I both had one each (they are small and only 85 cal) and enjoyed them with the kids. The kids eat pretty well but can get excited and distracted and knowing dessert is coming kinda helps sometimes. They went home with mama afterwards. This morning we went to church and I said I'd take a nap when I got home but so far I haven't. I'm sleepy though so probably will soon.

Rosey - Glad you're getting nice weather finally! Enjoy it! We are getting cooler (high of 59) and it's suppose to rain. So far though the sun is out and it's just a little cool.

Donna - Glad you and Rie had fun and got all our problems taken care of.

Hope you ALL have a great Sunday!!
  • Mary - Rie and I definitely have the answers to all our problems... now we just need those dusty, clueless, worthless old men to pay attention to us!
  • Donna - So THAT's the answer! I hope you and Rie have also figured out how to get their attention! I'm confident you will.

In case you are wondering, I'm posting this second post today to let you all know that I have found my spool of DVDs that I hid from myself back in Dec!!
    I know you have all been on pins and needles wondering when I'd find them.
    Actually my sweet man found them when he opened a drawer looking for a movie for the kids. And yes, Karen3, it was a very logical place that I had opened and searched several times. I had moved things around a bit but the problem is I was thinking it was a larger spool so didn't think it could be there. In reality it is much smaller than I remembered so hid under the very things I was moving around and I didn't even feel it for some reason! Wierd! But at last I have them and now I have no excuse for not getting back to the work of transferring more DVDs. Of course, I'm going to have to find and read the instructions again to learn how to do it again. I remember I had a hard time figuring it out before but hopefully this time I'll learn faster.

• Howdy from rainy alaska. what happened to our sun i knew the weather was going to change becuz my bones told me so.. arthritis ugh,advils my friend. after church we went grocery shopping. never go when you are hungry,everything that looked good jumped into my cart. even a box of micro popcorn bacon flavored, really intrigued me and it tasted awesome hoping your memorial day weekend is agood one,im remembering my dad and fil and the newest serviceman my grson Tim freedom isnt free. rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    protein bar

lunch
    orange chix (wallmart deli)

snack
    coffee mocha
    bacon popcorn

dinner
    chef salad
  • hehehehe told you so, Mary! The Troll forgave you.

Bacon popcorn OMG sounds fab!

Made a big trifle with leftover frozen fruit, etc.for BBQ tomorrow and probably cost me $3.....and got big lump of goods out of my freezer. Even used a drizzle of butterscotch liquor that been sitting in the cabinet for ages. Looks wonderful and Dh wanted a taste....Hurricane season starts next week.

Joined most of the county trying to shop today. What a mistake...but had no choice...why do people drive electric carts think it demolition derby???? And when they back into you are rude. I am beginning to enjoy being a grouchy old lady. DD thinks I should rinse my hair with a "blue" tint.

Back to my book with Mary Russell and Sherlock. k3
  • Hi Everyone,

Going to my DD & SIL. He is making a "Steampot" - shrimp, lobster tails, potatoes, corn on the cob, and veggies all boiled together with spices.

Have a good day,

Lynn
  • It was a great day...we had an indoor "picnic" with family...lots of fried and grilled chicken, potato salad, baked beans and a veggie salad...all from Albertsons, so easy for me. All I did was cut up some fruit and dh made rice cake. We had a good time eating and talking. Once again I didn't track ..hope to be back to using MFP again tomorrow. My exercises are coming along nicely...still some pain but much better for the most part. When I stand at a wall now I can almost touch with my head (I am not to lay my head back...I am to tuck my chin a bit and pull it straight back with eyes forward). I think if I can get my shoulders to go back just a bit more, my head will just naturally be drawn back and touch the wall. So great to see progress!

Rosey - What! Your nice weather sure didn't last long! Hope you get more soon, afterall it is almost summer!
  • Good morning goldies
    What a weekend. I had told y'all we were going to the camp and were meeting friends who are also the godparents of our oldest son. Saturday morning my phone rang and it was her telling me they at the hospital. Her husband fell off their back deck at their camp which is a few miles from our camp. Their deck is about 4 feet high but they have 3 ft railings around it. He broke his neck. He had went outside to check to make sure the burner was off. She went inside to save food. When she came out he was sitting in a chair on the ground. They called the ambulance and went to the hospital. Their is no reason that he should not be paralized from neck down. They can't explain it. They rushed him into a 6 hour surgery where they put 14 screws numerous pins and plates. Surgeon said he was messed up bad. After surgery he's having trouble moving one leg and can't close his hands but they said it due to the swelling. While they were doing his cat scan they found a mass on his kidney. They are addressing that today. He's only 53. I'm praying for a good recovery. They finally figured out what happened to him. He's diabetic and had been on the tractor all day in the hot sun without eating or drinking. It was right after he ate supper. They think he blacked out and caused him to go over the rails.
    What a freak accident.
    We spent time with them before the surgery and kept in touch with them all weekend.
    Iddnt do well at all this weekend. I munched on bad junk all weekend. Guess you could say I fell off the wagon. I'm back on today but it has cost me weight gain.

Gotta go be back later for personals.

Hugs
    Cajun
  • Cajun - Good thoughts for your friend! Yes, what a freak accident... how lucky he is! May has NOT been good month for the Goldens!

Beautiful here... supposed to be in the 70s all week, so that makes me very happy!

Did everyone have a nice Memorial Day?

Later, lovelies!
  • It is almost noon and I haven't done a thing except drink my mocha! I woke up with a bad sore throat, tired and achy, so didn't go to the gym and slept in. My throat is still sore but I feel a little better now. My first project this week is to get ready for the carpet cleaners who will be here Thurs. I like to move as much as we can and vacuum thoroughly esp those areas I rarely get. I'm told it isn't necessary but I still prefer to do it before they come. My second project is to start copying our family VHS tapes to DVD again. Will see how it goes. I know this isn't Monday but it feels like the beginning of the week after the long weekend.

Cajun - That is a strange accident...I wonder whether the mass on his kidney had anything to do with his fall. He is young to have such trouble. I wish him well.

I hope you all have a good day/eve.

Mary
  • Hi everyone. what a sunny day.the temp got up to 80 today. too hot for this chick,but im not complaining.hope your day was great too. rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    1 egg
    sm slice ham

lunch
    turkey wrap

snack
    coffee mocha
    micro popcorn

dinner
    stuffed bell pepper
  • Good morning GG’s,

Sorry I have not been contributing lately. I visit and read and keep up with you all and your lives, but not having anything pleasant to share, so just don’t. (It is the seemingly never ending BS of scum boy (SIL) and his mother as DD Sara goes through the process of getting a divorce and how it has taken over our lives ~ that I am referring to.)

I’ve enjoyed reading about Rosey’s little Pepper, Mary’s finding of her videos, Donna and Rie’s meeting, K3’s yummy fruit trifle creation, the antics of K31’s divas, Bobbi's tales of home renovation.

Saddened to read of the loss of Lynn’s and Donna’s sisters and Tuscany’s brother last year. The accident of Cajun’s friend.

At work, they are rolling out (going live) with new computer programs on June 1. We have had to go to classes, but they were some time ahead of time, and hard to remember it for weeks until we actually start using it. They already put to use a new program for ordering supplies. I am still kind of struggling with that. On Saturday there will be new programs for charting, order entry, admitting a patient, giving medications. Overwhelming. Why they decided to roll out all these new programs at once is beyond me. It feels like it is going to be a nightmare.

On the positive side ~ I have been “holding my own” weight wise. Not eating great, but not horrible either. I think I am too tired or too busy to bother much with the food.

Ok, better get ready for work ~ 4 days down ~ one more to go. Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care