Burger King now delivers. McDonalds may be next

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: I don't see the problem. I find it easier to choose a decent calorie option at a fast food place than a regular restaurant, they display the calories.
    I agree! It's actually relatively easy for me to incorporate fast food into my calorie allotment. And there's little guesswork.

Quote: Nothing like cold fries!

Seriously - I couldn't care less about burger delivery. The better the burger the shorter the half life and fries are only good fresh.

Now if they start delivering Krispy Kreme donuts we may be in trouble.
    Uhg, good point! Jim Gaffigan calls McDonald's fries that have been sitting out for 5 minutes packing peanuts. Too true.
  • I got stuck eating at BK last week, family thing. GROSS!

When I unwrapped the burger, (we took it to the house before I unwrapped it), it had so much grease on the bun, I'm pretty sure it had to be done on purpose! It was nasty! Seriously! I should have taken a pic!

I tossed the whole bun, ate half the patty, tossed the rest, and gave half the fries to the dog and tossed the rest of that too. Yuk!

Normally, I do not eat at places like that, but I had worked it in, so was ok, and kind of excited to have it. The fact that it was so vomitrocious, reminded me why I rarely eat in fast food joints.

Thankfully, like many others, we do not have a Wendy's or BK anywhere close, and I live out in the sticks, and they would not deliver anyway.

About every 2 months or so, I do get a craving for a good mushroom burger and fries! I hit the local corner pub! They patty their own, it's real beef! They have real onion, and pickles and hand cut fresh fries! They use fresh mushrooms, and REAL cheese!

I do not splurge like that very often, but when I do, I work it into my week and I want the real deal, not all that yukky overprocessed, UFO (unidentfied fried objects) food!
  • Man, we have a BK right down the road from me so they'd definitely come to my house. Probably frequently too; there's several nights a week that we have nights where mom doesn't feel like cooking so we just go get something. Now, we can just be like "Oh BK delivers!" and have the dumpster at our front door!

I secretly want to try their veggie burger. And their sweet potato fries. And for a splurge, their pies (apple and oreo) are divine. >_> <_<
  • No prospect of them doing this any time soon the UK.....thankfully BK whoppers are the stuff of dreams for me....yum.
  • Normally I would think this is a bad bad idea (like some of you said, most fast food is only good right away, it really starts to taste like the junk it is when it gets cold lol) but on second thought, if McDonalds started delivering breakfast, I'd be in trouble haha.
  • I don't much like BK and I really only like the salads at McD's so I guess I'm safe-ish... now if whataburger starts delivering i'm screwed
  • Quote: Man, we have a BK right down the road from me so they'd definitely come to my house. Probably frequently too; there's several nights a week that we have nights where mom doesn't feel like cooking so we just go get something. Now, we can just be like "Oh BK delivers!" and have the dumpster at our front door!

I secretly want to try their veggie burger. And their sweet potato fries. And for a splurge, their pies (apple and oreo) are divine. >_> <_<
    I've had their sweet potato fries (fresh) and I gotta say, they were honestly disappointing. However, Wendy's now offers baked sweet potatoes and they have a yummy cinnamon/honey/butter that goes with it which is pretty tasty.

Quote: Normally I would think this is a bad bad idea (like some of you said, most fast food is only good right away, it really starts to taste like the junk it is when it gets cold lol) but on second thought, if McDonalds started delivering breakfast, I'd be in trouble haha.
    I make McDonald's style breakfasts for myself all the time! I eat a sandwich made with english muffin, poached egg, and a sausage patty.
  • Unless they had gluten free Whoppers, I wouldn't be ordering in from BK in this life lol.
  • It's so interesting to read about which fast food places y'all like and don't like

To each his own (or her own, I guess).

In the old days, having fast food places that deliver would have been a killer for me. I used to order pizza delivery just because I was too lazy to go out and pick up food. If I could have had a bundle o'burgers delivered, oh boy! I probably would have hit 400 lbs.

Fast food is still one of those binge/craving foods for me. When I'm in control, I can stay away from fast food without too much effort. But when I do go on a wild binge, fast food can be one of my go-to's. Doesn't matter if I could get better quality at home or at a restaurant; the goal during a binge is FAST and in huge quantities.

I love McDonald's, maybe the most. But I like Wendy's, Taco Bell, and the "Mexican" fast food chains in my area. Burger King, while not my fave, will do if I am in the mood for a double Whopper with cheese. And while I'm not a huge Whataburger fan, the Cheddar Chophouse Burger is really yummy. I also like Carl's Jr and some of the things at Jack in the Box. I don't live near Steak and Shake anymore, and while I didn't love their burgers, I did like their chili 5-way minus onions and their cheese fries and shakes. And the Chick-Fil-A shakes are the best; I like their chicken strips and waffle fries but could take or leave the rest of the menu. And it's a good thing I don't live near In-N-Out! Unfortunately (or unfortunately), they have started expanding into Texas...scary for me...

But my huge weakness is breakfast

If you are in any state with a Whataburger, you have to have a honey butter chicken biscuit. Get extra honey butter. These are just plain evil when the chicken is cooked fresh. The best fast food biscuits, IMO, are at Whataburger; flaky and soft. Mmmmm...

I also love McD's breakfasts, particularly the bacon egg and cheese biscuit and bacon egg and cheese McGriddle. Hot cakes are good too.

Ok, I'd better stop now or I might trigger a binge for tomorrow morning
  • Last thing we need in this country! lmao! Even MORE convenient cheap crap foods. In Oregon there is some law that for every tree logged two (maybe three?) have to be planted. I think it would be cool if for every fast food joint erected a fresh fruit n' veggie drive-thru had to be built as well! #why I'm not president/dictator
  • Quote: I make McDonald's style breakfasts for myself all the time! I eat a sandwich made with english muffin, poached egg, and a sausage patty.
    I've actually tried that, but I can never find a sausage patty that tastes at least a little similar without being crazy unhealthy. What do you use?
  • I don't really like any fast food restaurants. I like Arby's fries and jalopeno poppers when I'm hungover. Same with chick-fil-a. The closest things I like to fast food places are Panera (which has seriously declined over the last few years) and Moes. Neither of which I like to go to often. I've never liked poor quality food. Being a vegetarian helps to, I guess lol

McDonald's egg and cheese biscuits are pretty amazing, though.
  • I think it's ridiculous but I never eat at BK/McDonalds anyway. When Weber Grill restaurant starts delivering NY Strip then I'm screwed.
  • Fast food has always been one of my vices. It's total garbage, but boy do I love it! I had favorites from every single place in my town, and most of those places I've just went ahead and nixed because while most of y'alls triggers are things like sweets, mine is fast food and I'd just do better all around not eating at most of the places. I do miss them terribly, though. *sigh*

Zaxby's was always one of my favorites, hands down. Their boneless chicken tender/wing things are amazing!
  • I haven't touched anything Burger King-related in about 7 years. My ex loved it and we used to live just down the street from one . . . that was a lethal combination. I reached the point where I'd get halfway through my sandwich (usually chicken) and couldn't finish it as I was seriously ready to vomit. And the ex kept on bringing it home to literally shove it my face; he apparently couldn't justify eating it unless I was having it too, but that's a whole other set of issues. Regardless, I still can't even stomach the thought of anything from BK.

When it comes to traditional fast food (I have to laugh at using the word "traditional" here ) I still enjoy McDonald's. I've been wanting to try that new Egg White Delight, as I already have an Egg McMuffin every weekend. I've been enjoying the new premium chicken wraps and occasionally get a McDouble when I'm in the mood for a burger. I very rarely order fries anymore (since I've lost interest in them) and completely avoid my weakness, the cookies.

Seriously, I'd rather walk to the closest McDonald's rather than have them deliver, it's just down the street. More often I walk to Subway (it's about the same distance anyway) to get a flatbread turkey sub with all the veggies for lunch, with apple slices on the side instead of the chips.

I actually eat out a lot, fast food included, and have still been losing weight consistently. It's all about your choices and portions.