Help getting back on track after falling off the wagon and binging. :(

• Hi y'all. I was doing so well with not bingeing or starving myself, until I went home last week for a wedding dress fitting. I was doing remarkably well until the last few days at home, when something just unclicked in my head and I pretty much ate everything in sight. Now I'm back at my own apartment and for the last several nights have been unable to control my eating and have eaten so much garbage. The scale is up 5 lbs, I feel miserable, and I am afraid to eat for fear that I will get out of control. I think the worst part is that I haven't been eating my trigger foods, but I've been eating ANYTHING I have laying around. Any advice? I am starting to freak out that my wedding dress won't fit if I keep up this behavior...
  • As someone who just went on a terrible binge after 20 weeks of being binge free, I can validate that getting back on track is a bear. But you can do it.

The key is to forgive yourself and put it behind you. Then just move forward. Don't delay; the longer it takes for you to go back, the harder it will be to get back on track.

Start today! And good luck!
  • I second what kittykatfan said. Also, you are probably under a lot of stress with the wedding thing and so maybe you need to take some deep breaths and try to relax a little. Stress is a big binge trigger for many people. Good luck!
  • Thanks you guys. It helps to know there are supportive people out there! I dragged myself to the gym yesterday afternoon and managed to get in a good workout and to avoid binging last night.

xo
  • A lot of your gain on the scale is probably water weight. Start drinking lots of water and don't weigh yourself for a few days. The workouts are great to get the mind back on track. Plan out your food for the day in advance and if you want something more, see if you can drink some tea or go for a walk or paint your nails, chew gum, come to this site, etc....distract yourself and the urge should pass. Finally, try to get enough sleep. I find that insufficient sleep makes it so much harder to stick to my plan.
  • Quote: A lot of your gain on the scale is probably water weight. Start drinking lots of water and don't weigh yourself for a few days. The workouts are great to get the mind back on track. Plan out your food for the day in advance and if you want something more, see if you can drink some tea or go for a walk or paint your nails, chew gum, come to this site, etc....distract yourself and the urge should pass. Finally, try to get enough sleep. I find that insufficient sleep makes it so much harder to stick to my plan.
    Thank you so much. I have been drinking a ton of water and have hit the gym 3 of the past 4 days. My scale was up a little this morning after being down for a few days, but I am hoping it is just from weight training yesterday.