Am I the only one ?

• I have a calorie limit of 1648 (my app came up with that number).
    I feel as though if I get less than 150-200 calories near that number, that its not good enough. Which is ridiculous as it is as limit plain and simple. But I know no matter what the number ill want to go below it.

Is that weird ? Do any of you do that ?
  • Nope. I gladly eat all of my 1550 calories lol! If I have like 100 left and I am hungry, I have no issues grabbing a 100 calorie snack (or even 150 depending on what I want!)
  • I used to be like that, I always wanted to be under my number by at least 100 calories. However in the last 4 weeks I've lost a total of 1 pound so I think it's time to get right back to that number and maybe even over it!
  • I definitely do this! Myfitnesspal has just knocked down my calorie allowance to 1280, but I still feel that I'm only doing a good job if my calories are 1205 or something. I just feel like I'll balloon up if I eat any more than that
  • Well glad to hear others feel that way. Although I suppose it isn't a good thing. I'm gunna try harder to reach that number without physiologically getting down on myself!
  • You're NOT the only one! My personality is very much, "If some is good, then more must be better." I'm in losing mode now (after maintaining over a year, then gaining about 8 pounds) and I'm back to counting calories strictly. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I will lose at my given calorie limit. I also know that, when I restrict too much, I'm more likely to snap and overeat . . . by a lot.
  • I was starving myself on 1300 calories a day (fitday said I needed over 1800) and wondering why I didn't lose weight as fast as I should. You're not the only one. I'm feeling guilty lately because I'm pretty much eating at my calorie level - although I could be eating better. I eat enough protein and fiber, though. I track that pretty closely.
  • I'm a WWer although I do log calories on MFP sometimes just to see the totals for the day as well as the weekly averages. Anyway, I do have that in the back of my head- If I can lose with this, I can lose more with less, kinda thing. Not a good way of thinking, I know. Luckily so far, I've been able to snap myself out of going under my daily intake on purpose. Like some others on here, I will snap if I restrict too much.