What's your favourite breakfast for spring-summer?

• What's your favourite breakfast for spring-summer?

No more delicious oats, it is spring time and I do not want a hot breakfast.

So my favourite for spring/summer months is a banana cut beautifully, crumbled feta cheese, glorious honey drizzled over those and nuts (walnuts or peanuts) sprinkled on top.

It looks a bit like this

• That looks amazing...I'll let you know what I come up with if spring ever actually arrives in my neck of the woods.
  • Wow! I've never seen feta like that...are you sure it's not ricotta?

Looks yummy!!!
  • I am always in the mood for oatmeal, spring, summer, winter, fall...but I try to save it as a treat for weekends.

My go-to workday breakfasts during the warmer months are things like:
    - smoothies (usually just fruit, kale, and water+mio)
    - yogurt parfaits (yogurt, berries, honey and granola or nuts)
    - cold cereal or granola
  • Quote: What's your favourite breakfast for spring-summer?

No more delicious oats, it is spring time and I do not want a hot breakfast.

So my favourite for spring/summer months is a banana cut beautifully, crumbled feta cheese, glorious honey drizzled over those and nuts (walnuts or peanuts) sprinkled on top.

It looks a bit like this
    that looks amazing, but it would fill me up for like an hour only LOL!
  • Quote: that looks amazing, but it would fill me up for like an hour only LOL!
    Exactly!

i just always fall back on a breakfast sandwich: egg beaters and turkey bacon and melted cheddar on 45 calorie Sara Lee bread topped with a bit of raspberry jam, so salty sweet and good
  • I'm with Susie.

I eat a breakfast sandwich. An English muffin, or lowfat bread, one egg white, 2 slices of Rose's Canadian Bacon (from Sam's Club). On the weekend, I give myself a slice of 2% cheese. There are other ways of making this more "special". I like it with dashes of hot sauce, or pickles, or pepper rings or onion or lettuce or or or...

Less than 200 calories and the protein keeps me happy till lunch.

If only I could be so successful with my other meals.
  • Fruit, fresh or frozen, with a scoop of Greek yogurt. I have frozen cherries and blueberries in the freezer, and there's always some kind of readily accessible fruit in the fridge. It's tasty, and not as warming as oatmeal.