IP Daily Chat Wednesday 4/17/2013

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • WI today was a bummer, +0.5. Oh well, it must be TOM. I didn't cheat or overdo anything, so I am going to be a big girl about this and realize that I couldn't have gained fat and just keep moving ahead focusing on how good I feel. Hopefully, next week will set things straight.

Have a good day, all.
  • Quote: I use a George Forman grill too (I live in an apartment without a balcony or outdoor area to grill). Besides chicken and fish, I love putting veggies in it to grill -- zucchini split lengthwise, red/green peppers, & portabella mushrooms are my current favorites. It's kind of funny because I moved from sauteing all my veg, to roasting them all, and now grilling them.
    Do you marinate the fish and/or veggies before putting them on the grill?
  • Quote: Happy Wednesday everyone! Tomorrow is my last Official WI with my coach and I'm moving from P3 to maintenance. I will check in with her a couple of times after phasing off to make sure I stay on the right track. I'm so thankful I found IP and couldn't be happier with my results and the things I've learned. We leave next Monday for our postponed honeymoon to Jamaica. Can't wait!
    CONGRATS!! I'm going to Jamaica next week too for a destination wedding (not mine lol). Enjoy your honeymoon!!
  • Quote: I too would love this list Lisa, Thanks for sharing.
    Check out the thread link I posted above
  • I'm feeling "skinny" today. Wearing shorts.....
  • Quote: I use a George Forman grill too (I live in an apartment without a balcony or outdoor area to grill). Besides chicken and fish, I love putting veggies in it to grill -- zucchini split lengthwise, red/green peppers, & portabella mushrooms are my current favorites. It's kind of funny because I moved from sauteing all my veg, to roasting them all, and now grilling them.

Got to keep changing it up so I don't get bored.

----------------------------------

Weigh in tomorrow, can't wait to see how much I've lost. My scale has fluctuated this week, one day up a pound, one day down a pound, etc. TOM is also on the very near horizon, so I could come out with scratch. <shrug>

I had my annual a few days ago and I'm very eager to get my blood work numbers back. I've lost 10% of my weight so I'm hoping to see an improvement or "good" numbers, but I know that in 6 more months on IP, my numbers will eventually be even better.

How do you season your veggies on the George foreman? I've been steaming all my veggies in the ziploc steam bags but I am getting bored with that.
  • I realize that there is already a NSV thread but I'm in this thread at the moment so I'm posting here.

My NSV for the day, on a whim I tried on my high school ring which I haven't worn in 10+ years now fits perfectly.
  • Spiritman good luck at WI today. I didn't have a chance to read yesterdays thread until this morning. I got a good laugh out of your story. Glad to see you have a good sense of humor about it.

Quote: I'm feeling "skinny" today. Wearing shorts.....
    That's a great feeling! I'm so jealous of your weather.

Sat at DD softball practice for 2 hours last night and it was about 45 degrees out. Had on a wool coat and a blanket over me, and still froze my butt off.
  • Quote: Do you HAVE any butt left to freeze off?

Actually, not as much as I'd like to have. I need to start doing some squats or something.
  • Quote: . Sat at DD softball practice for 2 hours last night and it was about 45 degrees out. Had on a wool coat and a blanket over me, and still froze my butt off.
    Do you HAVE any butt left to freeze off?
  • Quote: Yesterday Lizjazz said "Does anyone have a list of which products do or don't contain soy???"

I do! It's on my computer and I'm not. For health reasons, I cut out all soy protein and gluten in January. I'll get that to you

Edit: here's a thread to help: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...soy-stuff.html
    Thanks!!!!
  • I posted this question on the recipe thread.. but I figured maybe I will get an answer here quicker.
    I have tried to make the pancake out of crispy cereal twice now.. and the problem I am having is it sticking to the pan.. any suggestions?
    Thanks!!
  • Quote: So I should be this: because I am in ONDERLAND

but I am because it's not a pound or two more. I need: I do have a Drs appt today and I am hoping I'll get a pound off since her scale had me less last time.

Right now, the inches are melting off, another 2-3 this week. I'll have them add it all up next week. I did get the 'you aren't buying enough' lecture BUT only my coach knows I do alternatives as well and she was out. I actually didn't get upset since everyone was excited for me and I am closer to the end than the beginning. Now, I am getting bored and want to get moving with exercise.
    Yayyyyy! Congrats on making it Onderland!! (Tell me what it's like over there . . . I picture it like the Emerald City! LOL) Well done.

• Quote: Happy Wednesday everyone! Tomorrow is my last Official WI with my coach and I'm moving from P3 to maintenance. I will check in with her a couple of times after phasing off to make sure I stay on the right track. I'm so thankful I found IP and couldn't be happier with my results and the things I've learned. We leave next Monday for our postponed honeymoon to Jamaica. Can't wait!
    Congrats and enjoy your honeymoon!!!

Quote: Went out for dinner last night and was determined to leave satisfied. The last time I went out, I ordered a "quarter chicken dinner with salad". Well, the chicken must have been on a diet too!! Must have been 2oz of meat by the time I removed all the skin and bone and the salad was 2 bites of shredded lettuce. So, this time (better restaurant) I ordered an 8oz sirloin. It came with garlic bread, potato and sautéed mushrooms and onions and a side salad. I asked the waitress if I could substitute all that and have a large romaine lettuce salad with tomato, cucumber and onion w/oil and vinegar dressing. The waitress came back and said the chef said it would be an extra $7!!! I asked to speak to the manager. I told him I was on a special diet and he finally agreed to let me have my dinner. Woohoo!!! Score one for the fat chicks!
    I think it sucks we have to pay more to have less. And it's even worse it has to be such a big deal. I think it used to be easier a few years ago when everyone was doing Atkins and restaurants were used to it. I will never understand how asking for more lettuce and no bread or potatoes means more work or less profit for anyone.

Quote: I'm feeling "skinny" today. Wearing shorts.....

Quote: I posted this question on the recipe thread.. but I figured maybe I will get an answer here quicker.
    I have tried to make the pancake out of crispy cereal twice now.. and the problem I am having is it sticking to the pan.. any suggestions?
    Thanks!!
    You have to keep the pan on low heat. If it gets too hot, they will stick and overcook on the outside. I am pretty good at the pancakes now. My new fave is with the WF Blueberry syrup. I was never a doughnut fan, but this combo tastes just like a jelly doughnut!!

So I should be this: because I am in ONDERLAND

but I am because it's not a pound or two more. I need: I do have a Drs appt today and I am hoping I'll get a pound off since her scale had me less last time.

Right now, the inches are melting off, another 2-3 this week. I'll have them add it all up next week. I did get the 'you aren't buying enough' lecture BUT only my coach knows I do alternatives as well and she was out. I actually didn't get upset since everyone was excited for me and I am closer to the end than the beginning. Now, I am getting bored and want to get moving with exercise.
  • Happy Wednesday! WI today down 9.4lbs in 2 weeks!
    Have fun in Jamaica Cheeky! I love it there! Jen- I do olive oil and Italian seasonings on grilled veggies - yum! I think I'm going to hide my scale..I feel like I obsess with any little change...will go for the surprise at WI instead. I hope everyone has a Great OP Day!