Chat: Core/Simply Filling: April 16-30

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Nancy, if you are just starting to go through boxes, I have a suggestion. I have done this, but for only a few boxes so far. When you go through your boxes, make an index card for each box. Number the box and make a corresponding card with the box number and list of contents. Later when you want to find something, you don't have to dig through boxes. Just look through your card file, locate the box number you need, and "easy-peasy", you have found the item without a lot of digging.
    I love that idea..I want to take all the boxes and throw out as much as possible and label the rest..That # idea will help tons when I put things in storage. I can put the boxes in storage in order and find things so much easier !!!
    It will help me know which boxes still need to be sorted too..
  • Popcorn, good movie and Diet Root Beer..All that is missing is the 3Fchicks !!!
  • Sloan, thanks for the words of encouragement to all of us.

And, what a great tip about boxes!

I posted a stunning picture on FB of a shelf cloud that was in Oklahoma.
  • I'm here
  • But, now I'm gone (hot tub, then to bed).
  • Morning chicks. Hope all of you are well this rainy Saturday. Good day to lay in bed and watch Lifetime movies.
  • Sloan, what a beautiful message. You're right. We're too hard on ourselves. I'm glad you and your friend talked things over. I tend to hop around on one foot while the other is in my mouth. (I'm ADD, too.)

Nancy, glad you're feeling better.

Rhonda, cement sounds bad. I hope you don't have to tap on that again after this event.

Hi there, Pam. I've been missing you. Glad you're back.

I was just telling Curtis yesterday that here we are end of April and so far no severe weather here. (fingers crossing as I type) Today we went to the archery shop and both of us did some shooting. This was Curtis' first time since his surgery in July. I'm so happy for him. Afterwards, we went out to lunch. I just finished watering the flowerbeds and am now in for the day. I'm about to go look for a good movie on TV. Wish me luck.
  • Sloan..
    A million thanks !!!

I worked in my attic today and the number system is going to help so much.
    Now I don't have to try to categorize the stuff into boxes in hopes of finding stuff again..I am just filling a box, numbering it and writing down what is in that box.
  • Saw a window company yesterday. The guy was a moron and we won't be hiring them. Should be sending out their best and brightest for the sale. We always assume it goes downhill from the salesperson.

Brodie is sick. We are taking him to the Vet in about 20 minutes. Thankfully our Vet has Sunday hours. Gotta go get ready. Talk to you all later.
  • Poor Brodie! I hope the vet has the answer.

Sandra, good to hear that Curtis got to shoot.

Our performance was not our best yesterday. Our taps kept sticking on the cement. I almost fell once--hope it was gracefully! We have one more performance on Tuesday at a nursing home on a good floor---then we're taking 6 weeks off.

I talked to Ann yesterday. She said she had had a very bad few days but was feeling perkier now. She has a cousin coming in today to spend a week. But, she is facing weeks, months of more surgery and of course lots of rehab. I'll go if she needs me during the transition to home.

I have another very sick friend in Ottawa who just received the news that the treatments for his pulmonary fibrosis, stemming from scleroderma, are not working. They estimate he has about 2 more months to live. Live every day Chickies!

That box numbering system works well--that's what we did when we moved.You can also make a copy of the index card and tape it onto the box in case you lose your inventory list!
  • {{{{{Rhonda}}}}} I am so sorry for your friends' health problems. You're a good friend. Glad you will have some time off from tapping after Tuesday. Your tootsies will appreciate it.

Vickie, I hope your vet can get Brodie back in good form really soon. Hang in there.

We're not going to church this morning. I won't go into it here, but it's looking like we'll be church surfing again. We are going to meet friends for lunch, though. I'm already dressed and ready to go.
  • I spent most of the day at the Jazz Fest, listening to wonderful music. I managed not to eat junk, and there was plenty to be had. After I got home, I made myself a wonderful, huge green salad with egg, beans, and guacamole.

i hope you're all having a good night.
  • Rhonda, you get an attagirl. That took effort. You did well.
  • Rhonda..your friends are having a tough time of it..glad you can help..
    Vickie..hope Brodie is doing better

I lost touch with a good friend from college, was in her wedding and then she moved several times..Over the years I have tried to find her and I think I just did online, with help of her profession & maiden name . I called and a guy answered and when I asked for her, he said she wasn't there. Then I said "Is this "husbands name" he hung up on me before I could explain who I was..
    So I called back and left a message about who I was & my number..Sure hope
    we can reconnect..