Getting out of the 290s!

You're on Page 12 of 15
Go to
  • 289.2 today. See you all in the next group! Good luck!
  • Regainer here, back at 299.4 to be exact. I am very disappointed in myself, since I had gotten down to 276 by the end of August but I am not going to be too hard on myself. I will be here with you ladies for a while! :-D How's everyone doing?
  • Well, I was gung ho in July then fizzled again. Down 3lbs since then without doing anything. As my 9 year old just said while practicing a new skill "you have to start somewhere." I love it when my kids say such wise things!

I am so proud of all of you for starting and continuing to fight. It is a constant battle. I keep getting lost in all of the things I have to do and fail to plan my meals. Who knew grad school at my age while working full time and caring for a family would be so much work! Once again, another excuse to put my diet last when I would feel so much better if I made it a priority. I hate knowing what I need to do but not following through. Today I'll try to follow my son's advice.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • So I'm just going through life without much thought on weight loss goals. My focus has been just finishing grad school and I keep looking forward to that day next June when it will be done. As I sit here and ponder things I can change, one of them is my routine. I have been so stressed about school because I feel like I never have any quiet time to get my assignments done. The new plan, as of today, is to let go of the urge to work on my asignments at night and totally devote that time to my family. Then we can all go to bed at a decent hour and I can get up early and have my time while everyone sleeps. Making that decision feels like a big burden lifted off my shoulders. It seems so simple it makes me wonder why I haven't done that all along. Hindsight, right?

Now, for weight loss goals. As I said, I feel like my head is always spinning from someone wanting my attention elsewhere. I have to take the time to plan what I'm going to eat and prepare it ahead of time if possible. It has all been so unorganized lately. I've realized that I'm not a journal-as-you-eat type, but I am a list maker. So if I plan what I'm going to eat and list it then I can check it off and add anything I may have that is not planned. I love the look of a checked off list!

I am officially setting a goal for myself today that I think is realistic. My weight this morning is 296. My new mini-goal is as follows:
    285 by Thanksgiving (11-27-14)

With some planning and focus I know I can meet this goal. I'm going to set my weigh-in day as Friday and post my weight here as part of my new morning routine.

I hope this works out as well in reality as it all has in my head.
    Happy, Healthy Losing everyone!
  • I'm at 297 right now, in denial on my ticker, and looking to lose 130 pounds before re-evaluating my goals to see if I should lose more. I'm hoping to be back down to my starting weight of 290 since I set my starting weight and then gained instead of losing. Ugh! Hoping to move out of the 290s and truck along the weight loss highway. It seems so impossible, so right now I'm just focusing on the first 20 pounds to get to 270.

Good luck!
  • My week didn't go quite as planned. I didn't get to bed as early as I should have and had to start getting up earlier anyway because of my son's new school schedule. As a result, I feel further behind that usual. Weight stayed the same this week so I'll be starting over on all fronts.
  • Getting closer! 290.5 this morning. We'll see if it holds next week.
  • 291 for the past 3 days. wish i could break through! its frustrating because i know 280 is one of those places where my body likes to get stuck so i cant even really look forward to the 280's
  • It doesn't look like this is a very active thread, which must mean everyone has been very successful. My diet took a backseat to some personal issues. My mother had a recurrence of leukemia and was hospitalized on 12/2/14 to begin treatment. Sadly, she passed away on January 4th, 4 months ago today. While she was in the hospital I found out that the doctor's office I worked for was moving my position back in-house, which meant I would be out of work since I live 150 miles away and had been working from home. So I started a new job a couple of months ago. Not my ideal job, but I'm grateful for it.

Anyway, I have been busy trying to help my dad and some days we just put one foot in front of the other and hope for the best. I am trying again with my diet so we'll see how it goes. Would love to hear from anyone else who may be lurking around.
  • I am joining this thread. 292 right now
  • Daimere,

I'm glad you're here! I'm actually at 291 but haven't updated my info. Hopefully we'll be moving down to the next decade before too long at all.
  • Hopefully! I honestly would rather lose inches than pounds. Two weeks ago I tried to eat better and that fizzled quickly. I always do better when I get on 3fc!
  • 290.0 this morning. Hopefully it sticks through the rest of the week.
  • 289.0 this morning. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in day. We'll see!
  • 290.2nthis morning.