Alcohol or Cake?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I like all these fellow Boozers!

Let the rest eat cake!
  • Wine vs desert happens to me almost every sunday when I have my parents over for supper... I always choose the wine
  • I have been thinking about this thread since I first read it.

My first instinct is booze!!! But I'd have to hide the cake first. The booze would make me weak and I'd eat the cake too afterwards. Boo.
  • Quote: I'll take the booze.

My body actually deals better with that than the processed sugar rush from cake. I do like cake, it just really does not like me.

Plus booze just makes me sleepy. I'm a cheap date!
    What do you by you process alcohol better than sugar?
  • Quote: I have been thinking about this thread since I first read it.

My first instinct is booze!!! But I'd have to hide the cake first. The booze would make me weak and I'd eat the cake too afterwards. Boo.
    I thought of the same thing! I might opt to pair the cake with the wine i'd be sipping )
  • Quote: Ohh. I'd remind myself that the difference isn't that significant as i seem to think. Thank you!
    I have a glass of wine every night. It hasn't affected either my 50-pound weight loss or maintenance. The only thing that derails me is consuming too many calories, no matter what form those calories take.

F.
  • I use beer to make sure my weight loss isn't too quick.
  • Oh okay, thanks!
  • I have to say I think this is kind of a hilarious question. Fundamentally I don't think it makes any difference if you're talking about one night/one serving, so it's more a matter of which one you like better. For me, cake all the way! Dessert is my favorite food group.

(To be honest, if it was a special occasion or something -- I'd have both. )
  • Ever tried UV's Cake Vodka? They make it in white cake and chocolate flavors. Best of both worlds, in my book!
  • Quote: I have to say I think this is kind of a hilarious question. Fundamentally I don't think it makes any difference if you're talking about one night/one serving, so it's more a matter of which one you like better. For me, cake all the way! Dessert is my favorite food group.

(To be honest, if it was a special occasion or something -- I'd have both. )
    There's always the fact about alcohol affecting and metabolizing differently that makes this question kinda tricky.. But thanks for sharing your answer!
  • Quote: Ever tried UV's Cake Vodka? They make it in white cake and chocolate flavors. Best of both worlds, in my book!
    Well said! If only there was one slice of that every time i'm craving for wine and cake, haha.
  • Can someone please do an experiment. Or, I'll do it if you like.

I will eat cake. And then many times the calories worth in beer.

I guarantee my weight will be affected less by the beer.

Alcohol and cake is like chalk and cheese.
  • Quote: I use beer to make sure my weight loss isn't too quick.
    This made me laugh, and wish I had a like button. LOL

Quote: Ever tried UV's Cake Vodka? They make it in white cake and chocolate flavors. Best of both worlds, in my book!
    I do like that vodka. And I'm fond of the chocolate wine, as well.

Seriously, I can easier have a glass of wine than the comparably sized equivalent calorie dessert or cake and keep it in my calorie target. I don't care about the metabolism difference, I just know that I have more control over wine than dessert.
  • Quote: Can someone please do an experiment. Or, I'll do it if you like.

I will eat cake. And then many times the calories worth in beer.

I guarantee my weight will be affected less by the beer.

Alcohol and cake is like chalk and cheese.
    I actually want to try replacing anything i'd eat after dinner with wine, just to see what happens.

Quote: This made me laugh, and wish I had a like button. LOL

I do like that vodka. And I'm fond of the chocolate wine, as well.

Seriously, I can easier have a glass of wine than the comparably sized equivalent calorie dessert or cake and keep it in my calorie target. I don't care about the metabolism difference, I just know that I have more control over wine than dessert.
    And, also quoting Shannon in ATL, I think I'd have more control over wine than dessert!