I ran today....

• Well, it was a walk/run. It wasn't very far (about .6 miles), or very long, but I did it, and I didn't die... LOL.

I've been away from these boards for quite sometime, but in January I restarted my efforts to get healthy, and this time it's definitely for good (my tickers below reflect my progress as of January). I'm so glad that 3FC is always here for me.... Even when I haven't been as faithful to it.
  • Horray!!! that is awesome! Keep it up and welcome back
  • thats great that you ran. Goo for you! Hope to see you around more.
  • Good for you! I have been toying with the idea of a couch to 5K, but I think I have decided to stick with walking. I am jealous, though, of your run.
  • Awesome!! I'm in the 3rd week of c25k and I call myself a runner all the time now!! (I'm really not but I love how it sounds!!!)

Can't wait to read your future running posts!!
  • Good for you!
  • Just an FYI - for the health benefits brisk walking is every bit as good as running. If you want to run - go for it but recognize it is much harder on your body than brisk walking.

Goodluck!
  • Welcome back Sing! I too started in January, your same weight just about! I have also started walk/jogging. I am almost up to about 2 minutes straight. (baby steps! haha) If you use MFP, feel free to add me yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Congrats on your success so far!
  • I'm a recent-ish convert to running too, so I say way to go! The first run was the hardest one for me too. Hopefully now that you have done it once you will be inspired to keep on doing it!

Welcome back.
  • WTG ! thats a great ! its a start keep it up and you'll be running 5k's in no time !
  • Thanks for he encouragement everyone.
  • That's awesome! I used to run a lot, but now it HURTS!

Keep up the great work!
  • Congrats! I started running a little over a year ago. I now regularly run 5k races because they're fun, and although I can run the whole 3.1 miles without stopping, I am very slow! (It's not uncommon for little kids and speed walkers to finish before me, lol.) But, it's still a great feeling.

And while walking has just as many benefits and is a little easier on your body, as mentioned above, I usually choose to run when I go out to the trail for exercise. Because I can.

Keep up the great work. Keep a running journal, so you can look back to see your progress.
  • Quote: Just an FYI - for the health benefits brisk walking is every bit as good as running. If you want to run - go for it but recognize it is much harder on your body than brisk walking.

Goodluck!
    This.

In 2010 I was walking 5 miles a day. I'd taken off about 25 lbs and was maintaining it fairly well. My son talked me into doing C5K and I tore up my knee. So then I couldn't run OR walk.

And no doubt you can guess the rest of the story.
  • That is awesome!! Good job!