IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/11/2013

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Thanks for the kind words. I needed them. Your stats are awesome and you look fabulous in your picture.
    Thank you. It is an amazing journey. We are all here to help one another succeed and you are doing a terrific job. Someone shared this picture right around the time my losses slowed and it helped me keep things in perspective.
    1 lb of fat.jpg

• Quote: I haven't been on site for a few days, things are hectic.

I am experiencing my first "slow-down" with the weight loss in the last ten days. I am remaining faithful to protocol and trusting it will release. I am visualizing releasing, I am drowning myself drinking water, and keeping my attitude positive.

I actually wonder if I am NOT having enough food. I had an extra packet today because I exercised hard but I don't always do that.

I will report tomorrow if things have changed :-)
    Two things to keep in mind if you are exercising on Phase 1.
    First you should be including an extra protein packet on the days you do exercise.
    Second you will be building lean muscle, which should cause a loss of inches but may also off set any loss of fat.

I started exercising early in my journey and didn't know to add the protein and by the time I found out had caused a slow period of losing. For me when I realized what was happening I stopped exercising and the weight after I think two weeks started coming off great again. The funny part is, I work at Curves part time and so now I go to work and don't work out.

Just be aware of what can happen and then decide what is best for you, as exercising will make the scale move slower. Some people can handle this and some would rather not. Its an individual choice.
  • Quote: I'm frustrated because I'm halfway through my second week OP and haven't lost a thing this week. Actually gained 0.4. I lost 5lbs the first week. I have never cheated.
    People have already given you good advice but I wanted to share my experience, so you know you aren't the only one and that it is temporary. I lost 9.2 my first week and then gained .6 my second, and I was 100% OP. I went on to lose 4.2 and then 5.8 and now this week 2#. I mention this because while I knew people plateaued, I couldn't believe that I would plateau after only 1 week. Maybe plateau isn't the right word, but basically your body is figuring out what is going on and adapting. It will come, just be patient and don't compare your weight loss to anyone else's.

Quote: Is there an easy way to measure out a cup of kale or a cup of sliced zuchinni to make chips or do you estimate?
    For myself, I don't get too worried if my veg measurement isn't exact. However, I use two sites to help me measure because oftentimes I don't want to dice my veggies up small just to easily measure it.

To help measure visually, check this site. I'm not sure we're allowed to do links, so you could also google "How Many Fruits and Vegetables Should I Eat: A Visual Guide". It gives you approximates for different veg (e.g. 2 sticks of celery about 1c.)

I use a digital food scale (in ozs) to measure my food, but that isn't always helpful when talking about 1c. of veg. This site tells you what 1c. of veg would weigh. (Google "US cups to weight by ingredient")

Hope that helps!

Quote: Are these super restricted? Looking at the nutritional info.. they seem ok.. but the ingredients are what has me wondering...
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    This might be a better question for the Alternatives thread. However, I believe anything with 8 net carbs or less is unrestricted (the fat should also be less than 30% of the calories, it should be under 180-200 total cal, and it should have at least 15g protein). I'm not sure if I'm exactly right on the numbers, but that will give you a start. If your concern is that it listed sugar, I think the IP foods also have some sugar, just very very little.
  • Quote:
    For myself, I don't get too worried if my veg measurement isn't exact. However, I use two sites to help me measure because oftentimes I don't want to dice my veggies up small just to easily measure it.

To help measure visually, check this site. I'm not sure we're allowed to do links, so you could also google "How Many Fruits and Vegetables Should I Eat: A Visual Guide". It gives you approximates for different veg (e.g. 2 sticks of celery about 1c.)

I use a digital food scale (in ozs) to measure my food, but that isn't always helpful when talking about 1c. of veg. This site tells you what 1c. of veg would weigh. (Google "US cups to weight by ingredient")

Hope that helps!
    Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for. I guess I just had a hard time getting the question out clearly. I knew someone out there would be able to help me. One of the reasons I love this website!
  • randygirl, I had a similar question about spinach when I first started. I mean...a cup of spinach just tossed into a measuring cup is a LOT less than a cup of spinach where you've packed it in. And I wanted to make sure I wasn't over-estimating my veggies. I was told at the clinic that about 3 oz of greens is equivalent to a cup. Which is helpful when I buy a 16 oz tub of them. I'm sorry I saw your post late. You asked it perfectly.