Tuesday Twitters, SBD Daily April 9

• Good Morning

Hi! I thought I'd get us going here this morning! Work calls and the news from my coworker is pretty grave...we have not talked to her but believe her DH is going to pass on at home fairly soon. Still hoping for a miracle! So all other employees have been called on to fill shifts...one week at a time. I will fill in this Sunday,for sure..

So, I'm trying to keep up at home and be gentle with my feet...The good news is that I have a food plan and don't have to get myself sidetracked over a tragic event that I cannot change.

I hope you all have a great day! I plan to!
  • Good morning, Debbie. Are you getting any of that snowstorm that I'm seeing on the news this morning?

It's warm enough here that I slept with the window cracked open last night, and it's supposed to get up to 80 today and tomorrow. That's fine for now, but I hope we don't skip spring entirely.

I'm off for my hair appointment and want to stop by the plant nursery on my way over to the farm to pick up some veggie seedlings for the girls' garden. Jake is supposed to go out and rototille it for us today. We're back to our normal Tuesday schedule, so today will be my long day.
  • Good morning chicks! Thanks for starting us off, Debbie, with such a positive attitude! Prayers for your coworker's husband.

Cottage - do you think it's okay to get the seedlings in already? I was just looking out at my garden - all the lovely weeds.

I was just thinking that the trees should be budding out soon. I think it's supposed to get really nice for a few days, then cold again. I'm with Linda - I would like spring - 50's are a favorite temp!

Wow, the dog thing is such a test of patience. Hopefully we'll be hearing today if we get "Shelly" or not. I endlessly pace while waiting, so that must increase my metabolism, right?!

Have a great day, y'all!
  • Good morning, Tammy. You may be in a different planting zone that me, but here it's fine to plant cold crops like kale, chard, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, brussels sprouts, etc. I put some seedlings in last Friday, and they're doing fine.
  • It's snowing here and miserably cold... I just heard the snowplow go by I hope this passes soon
  • Oooooh, good point Cottage, I can put my cabbage and kale in!
  • Good morning. I envy you folks in a better gardening zone than my USA4! I'll plant seeds today but don't dare put out small plants until mid-May. Our overnights are frequently below freezing until then. Tenders like peppers and tomatoes don't go in until June!

Off to the service station shortly to get my side mirror replaced and pay my huge bill. After that I'll putter around outside for a bit and then clean up since Joanne and I are taking friend Barb out for lunch to get her mind off her Thursday knee replacement. I feel very badly for her as she is in a lot of pain. After she recovers from the knee, she gets a hip replacement. She always has a smile on her face and a cheery attitude but ...

There's a lot of twittering, cawing, chirping and whistling going on outside. It's relatively peaceful here on the Beach though. Have a good day!
  • Good morning. I wish I liked to garden. Or, actually, I wish DH liked to garden! I'm working late morning to mid-afternoon. Not sure yet if I'll go to yoga first; I'd need to sneak out before class is over but my back is bothering me and yoga usually helps that. Took my cell phone to bed last night since DH is gone and the darn thing went off and woke me up! Stupid flight tracking app. Today is the last day before the cold front comes through.
  • Good morning, quick fly by as I need to get to class. Today we are training in Far Rockaway.....ahhhh the beach love it!!!
  • Good morning,

Debbie prayers to your coworker and family, good job with keeping a food plan

Cottage I am with you I want some spring before going straight into summer. One week I am wearing winter coat next week I don't need a jacket lol

Twynn fingers crossed for this one

Ruth that is so nice of you to help your friend try to not dwell on it

Karen I am trying to decide if I want to try to garden, I am not a gardener either

Jennifer try to have fun at the beach

Today is DH and mine's 25th wedding anniversary so we are going to dinner instead of me going to Awana tonight. I will pick a place I know I can stay op.

Have a great day everyone!
  • good morning,

A quick hello. I hear DH is ready to go walking at the Toronto Zoo.

Talking about replacements. An acquaintance of mine is having an ankle replacement. I have never heard of that.
    have a great day, take care
    Sophie
  • Hi Friends! I'm coming back to track my food and say hi. I've become totally readdicted to carbs and sugar over the winter - don't know if I posted about this but we had a very stressful apt. sale/purchase and my food and exercise went out the window...I didn't really gain any weight but feel poorly and have had a cold that just won't go away, so I need to refocus. I'm following SB principals but also doing a modified 5-2 plan and staying pretty strict all week and letting myself be a little loose on the weekends. Looking forward to reconnecting! Now I'm going to go post on the on plan thread.
  • Quote: Hi Friends! I'm coming back to track my food and say hi.
    Hooray! Welcome back

I'm following the stomach flu diet today so that's all the energy I have. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • Afternoon ladies!

Late check-in today. I was up late last night helping a friend, and slept in today! I have my first official tutoring client scheduled for this week, and I'm pretty excited. Not something I'll be doing full time, but some extra fun money won't hurt!

Got a call from an accounting temp agency about a job, now I'm just waiting to hear back. Apparently it's rather common for them to convert temporary employees to permanent ones, so I'll have my fingers crossed.

In other news, I guess my carb day a couple days ago kicked my system into gear- down to 159! I honestly don't know the last time I weighed that. Sometime after 2007 I think. Either way, woo!

Cyndi- feel better!
    Mmckellen- welcome back!

Have a great rest of the day, ladies.
  • Congrats Penmage!!