Major League Baseball Chat

You're on Page 2 of 14
Go to
  • Rockies won the series with Milwaukee. That's a good start. Now they'll be coming home for the home opener. Someone I work with is going.... so lucky.

Cool to see the Red Sox beat the Yanks!
  • I personally love West Coast Games.....particularly in SF.
  • Not a great night for the Braves last night. It was cold, we just weren't on our game.

Bargoo - I would like west coast games too if I lived where you do I think!
  • Home opener for the Rockies. We'll see how it goes!

I'm such a party animal, that I'm not a real fan of the west coast games, even though I'm that much closer to their time zone. I just can't stay up like I used to. So, west coast games leave me snoring on the couch, hoping to wake up before it is over!!
  • I'm wondering if I can actually post about my team in this thread anymore. You see, I am a Marlins fan. Not sure if they are actually "Major League" anymore. (If anything, there more like the Major League movie team that was sabotaging itself to lose their games!)
  • Quote: I'm wondering if I can actually post about my team in this thread anymore. You see, I am a Marlins fan. Not sure if they are actually "Major League" anymore. (If anything, there more like the Major League movie team that was sabotaging itself to lose their games!)
    Joe welcome. We like anyone to post here who is a fan of baseball.

It must be hard with that owner of the Marlins.
  • A nice weekend in San Francisco.

Now back to St Louis for the home opener.

Diane, the Rockies are off to a good start.
  • Quote: I'm wondering if I can actually post about my team in this thread anymore. You see, I am a Marlins fan. Not sure if they are actually "Major League" anymore. (If anything, there more like the Major League movie team that was sabotaging itself to lose their games!)
    Good grief, Joe, your Marlins have a secret weapon, Jose Fernandez:
    "The kid threw 80 pitches, 53 of them strikes. He reached 97 mph on the radar gun and embarrassed hitters with a ridiculous slurve."
    Are we in for a surprise season?
  • Hi Joe! We're going to be playing you guys tonight. Fernandez did look good yesterday, seriously.

The Uptons had a good weekend for us, I'm liking them a lot.

• It's Opening Day at Busch Stadium and we are going to the game.

I love all the traditions, seeing the Hall of Famers drive around. This year we will be missing Stan Musial. They are planning some special ceremonies to remember him.

The Reds are in town.

The weather is cooperating it's going to be in the 70's.

• Hey Joe in FL: You are more than welcome to be here. Feel free to pout, whine, or cry. I've done it all!

Rockies are off to a good start. Best start since 1995. We'll see how they fare in San Fran.

Clyde, hope you have a great day at the ball park! Exciting!
  • Well that was the 9th inning from ****.

9 runs on 6 hits, 5 walks and an error. Just dreadful.

A pitcher who couldn't throw a strike to save his life. I lost count after 18 balls and 4 strikes.

Otherwise it was a lovely day.

A lovely tribute to Stan Musial, the Clydesdale's, the Hall of Famers. I got all choked up during the tribute.

A shame it couldn't have ended with a win.

And the fun thing is we get to do it all over again tomorrow. Minus all the ceremonies.

Don't you love baseball.
  • Rockies lost. Not sure how it all went because I was wrapped up with basketball. I won our bracket at work! Yay! So, I was definitely interested in watching the basketball over the Rockies.
  • Congrats on winning your basketball bracket, Diane! Woo! DH's got thrown off when Syracuse won early.

Clydegirl - I watched the Stan Musial tribute. He was a fantastic man with a great life.

Good games for us the last two nights. Woo!
  • I went to the game today, had a lovely afternoon.

I do enjoy going to day games on my own. We also beat the Reds 10-0 to win the series.

Shannon the Upton brothers must be fun to watch this year.