IP Daily Chat Friday 3/29/2013

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Veggies
    This is my first post. I am on my third week, and this diet has been a struggle for me (I quit twice during the first two weeks). I must say that finding this forum has been a wonderful encouragement.

My biggest struggle has been eating enough veggies. I have never been a veggie eater and usually struggle to get in 2 out of 4 cups. I also have no energy. I could fall asleep as I am typing this.

Great job to those of you who have stuck with it so far!
  • Quote: This is my first post. I am on my third week, and this diet has been a struggle for me (I quit twice during the first two weeks). I must say that finding this forum has been a wonderful encouragement.

My biggest struggle has been eating enough veggies. I have never been a veggie eater and usually struggle to get in 2 out of 4 cups. I also have no energy. I could fall asleep as I am typing this.

Try making some veggie puree and adding it to the soup or as a topping on your meat. It fits a whole lot of veggies into a very small space.

As far as the energy, make sure you're getting all of the protein packets in and taking your supplements. I have MS and I've found I have more energy now that I'm on the diet (and also carrying around 27 less pounds) than I did before.

Good luck and stay strong!
  • Hello, I am starting IP today. I'm doing a homemade version with shakes that have the same lower amount of carbs and protein because I just can't see paying 400 bucks for the seminar. I found a cheat sheet for phase I on the forums so I could start. Any links to other phases etc about the diet is appreciated.

Also any advice about curbing cravings at night is appreciated as this is my troubling time when I snack.
  • Quote: When you edit your signiture there are 2 places you have to change the weight. The second one looks like this:

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Change the last number to your current weight.
    Thank you very much.....I did it.
  • I think one of the hardest things for me to get over is the feeling of inconveniencing someone else. We are traveling to my Sister in laws. She is wonderful about making sure I can eat but it makes me feel bad that she is worried about what I can eat.
  • Quote: This is my first post. I am on my third week, and this diet has been a struggle for me (I quit twice during the first two weeks). I must say that finding this forum has been a wonderful encouragement.

Try out different ways of cooking the veggies. I roast all of mine now and would eat 8 cups of veggies if it was allowed. I was never a big veggie eater before.

To roast the veggies cut them into equal size pieces, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast at 450 until browned. You can also use other spices like garlic powder, chili powder, etc. I love the simplicity of the sea salt. My favorite roasted veggies are cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash.

Quote: Hello, I am starting IP today. I'm doing a homemade version with shakes that have the same lower amount of carbs and protein because I just can't see paying 400 bucks for the seminar. I found a cheat sheet for phase I on the forums so I could start. Any links to other phases etc about the diet is appreciated.

Also any advice about curbing cravings at night is appreciated as this is my troubling time when I snack.
    In the stickies there is a link to the phases of IP thread and you can find the sheets for the other phases.
    Ketosis should get rid of the cravings.
  • Quote: Your profile says you joined March 10th, so you have to wait until the 30th to get the ticker.
    I didn't even see that! I guess I must have lurked for 2 days before joining, lol! So grateful that I did, I love you guys! I have decided to try some altrernatives for $ reasons. Reading over these threads have given me that confidence. Hoping to find Quest Naturals at my health food store,or Cosco. I'm in Canada, so I think the shipping costs might not make it worth it.
    This is going to work right?? LOL!!!
  • Quote: I'm going to prepare Easter baskets for my boys and when buying the candy, I'm shocked that I just haven't had the urge to "have just one". Usually by this time I'm re-buying the candy because my husband and I have already finished it...lol!

Also, thank everyone on here for the awesome advice and recipes. You are all lifesavers!

it's great, i've been amazed by this for myself too!
  • Quote: I think one of the hardest things for me to get over is the feeling of inconveniencing someone else. We are traveling to my Sister in laws. She is wonderful about making sure I can eat but it makes me feel bad that she is worried about what I can eat.
    i agree but i think as long as you're appreciative, people really enjoy being a positive part of the experience!
  • Day 3... I haven't really had any bad side effects aside from minor headaches and having to pee a lot. I've followed everything 100%, but I'm worried about going into ketosis. I don't have any of the strips to measure and I want to make sure it's working D:

I'm feeling pretty great though! My aunt bought churros from Taco Bell and I didn't try and eat it while she wasn't looking, haha!
  • IP190: when you stop feeling awful, you're in ketosis. As long as you are following the sheet, it is as simple as that.
  • [QUOTE=ragdoll74;4686735]Try out different ways of cooking the veggies. I roast all of mine now and would eat 8 cups of veggies if it was allowed. I was never a big veggie eater before.

To roast the veggies cut them into equal size pieces, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast at 450 until browned. You can also use other spices like garlic powder, chili powder, etc. I love the simplicity of the sea salt. My favorite roasted veggies are cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash.

Best advice ever! that sounds so good, thank you!
  • Quote: I think one of the hardest things for me to get over is the feeling of inconveniencing someone else. We are traveling to my Sister in laws. She is wonderful about making sure I can eat but it makes me feel bad that she is worried about what I can eat.
    If we were diabetic, this would not even be an issue. Obesity is a medical problem, except society doesn't perceive it that way. We did not chose to be at the point of being on a medically sound diet, this is by necessity. Tomorrow I host Easter dinner and I fully expect pressure and teasing, you all know exactly what I mean. I am ready for my steadfast answer and will not allow them to ruin this for me. If I have to, I will sneak away and come talk to you guys...
  • It's been a weird week. I've been OP, in that I haven't cheated. But I've had two nights that I couldn't do anything but a IP pancake and eggs. So, the veggies got left off.

And three times this week I've forgotten to take my vitamins in the evening.

I'm on my way out of town to my mom's house, who is thankfully also on IP. I just have to bring some of my packets and I'll be set!

Happy Easter to all of us successful losers!
  • Quote: i agree but i think as long as you're appreciative, people really enjoy being a positive part of the experience!

Thanks!!