IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/28/2013

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Hi everyone,
    Just started IP on Monday. I have been reading here for the last few weeks and just want to thank you all for all the information, recipes and wonderful ideas that has made me determined to lose the weight. You have motivated me to take control and live a better life. I look forward to sharing my success with you and hope to inspire someone else.
    So glad you are here!!!!
  • Its been such a good week, today is no exception!

Gotta say I see nothing but great things on weigh ins and attitude so far today *smiles* Congratulations to One and all.

Was making an order last night at Nashua Nutrition, does anyone have a discount code? Thanks <3
  • Made my first order on Nashua last night..I am officially going alternative! I was concerned about doing it cause IP is working so well but when I saw the difference in cost and the similarities in the labels I realized I would be foolish not to. Cant wait for the first order to arrive...now I just havento figure out how to tell my coach..

Have a great day everyone!
  • Quote: Made my first order on Nashua last night..I am officially going alternative! I was concerned about doing it cause IP is working so well but when I saw the difference in cost and the similarities in the labels I realized I would be foolish not to. Cant wait for the first order to arrive...now I just havento figure out how to tell my coach..

Have a great day everyone!
    I am on a reboot and have gone alternative. I see no differenes
    Check out the Quest bars on questproteinbar.com
    They have only 5 net carbs.
  • Good morning, everyone!
    Congrats on the great WIs and welcome to newbies!
    I had my WI last night. It was a little disapointing with only .2 loss, but I did lose inches in some places--waist and bust, I think. I had a slight increase in inches in my arms and my thigh, but I am going to attribute that to doing yoga once a week. The yoga instructor is also a cross-fit guy, so it's not the "let's get in touch with our breath and get centered" yoga, it's "let's do do these really hard strength poses" yoga. That's fine with me, I need to develop some muscles.
    Just got an order from Nashua last night. I'm doing a mix of alternatives and IP, to lessen the strain on my wallet. My new love is the ProtiDiet Honey Nut Soy Cereal! Finally...something unrestricted AND crunchy! I ate it dry for breakfast this morning and LOVED it! I'm not much for cereal with milk, before IP a favorite snack of mine was dry cereal, like Cheerios or Oatmeal Squares. So this is perfect!
    Today is my first day of spring break, so I'm trying to get some cleaning and laundry done before we head to Grandma's house for Easter this weekend...back to cleaning!
    Have a great day!
  • Congrats to all the posted weight loss successes and NSVs.

Have a great day.
  • Canadiandieter- you look beautiful!

I posted this question the other night and it was late, so I didn't get any responses on that daily thread. Trying again: Does anyone feel like the EAS advantEDGE shakes keep them full for less time that other things? I love the flavor and convenience of buying them at the Walmart, but I just feel hungrier!

Thanks,
    Sam
  • Had my first NSV last night. I went out to dinner with a friend of mine and he said that he can see the weight loss in my face. Yahoo. I'm down 21 pounds in 7 weeks. My other victory was we ate a lovely restaurant that was warm and had plenty of comfort food items on the menu. I ordered the rotisserie chicken and as much as I wanted to partake in the tasty skin, I removed it and replaced my mashed potatoes with green beens sauteed in olive oil. The corn bread skillet looked delicious and the warm ice cream covered choc chip cookie dessert did as well but none for me thank you. I can say that I was really OK without the cornbread. Didn't really miss it like I thought I would.
  • Week three weigh in today, down 1.8 for a total of 14.4 pounds in 3 weeks. 8.4 pounds until I hit my goal!

Love love love love the program.
  • Top of the mornin' to all of you today!

Huge congrats on the Awesome weigh-ins so far today! Way to go Spiritman!!

Has anyone noticed that on the Plain Protein site they stopped the free USPS shipping that gets here in 2-3 days?? Now we have to wait 7-10 working days for our shipment if we want free shipping If I'd known this I would have ordered my supplements a bit earlier. I'm most certainly going to run out now...oh well, such is life. I hope this information will help someone else! Don't wait too long to order.
  • Quote: Fantastic!!! I've heard of duct tape prom dresses...why not duct tape slacks?
    I have a feeling we shouldn't be encouraging him with the duct tape.
  • I hope I am doing this right - new here. Had my first weigh-in yesterday and I lost 6 lbs and 6 inches! Thank you for all of the info, recipe and tips - great motivation. Looking forward to getting to know you all better

• Week 2 in the books
    Weighed in today to end two weeks. I totally fell off the wagon last weekend but still lost a pound, down 7 pounds in two weeks! I bought some new foods as well so hopefully I can quit forcing myself to eat the soups and it'll be easier to stay on plan. I love the RTD vanilla but they were out so I'm gonna try the chocolate. Also had the WF chipotle ranch on my salad for lunch and it was great! Also, nSV today I went to Wendy's for a side salad and didn't get anything else! That's a major step for me. Also bought some of the vanilla peanut bars, hopefully those are good too.
  • Back to normal after the Passover dinners earlier this week. I am proud of myself for not tasting any of the treats, and for coming up with recipes that allowed me to stay OP and give everyone a healthier (and still delicious) meal in the process.

I did find myself snacking more on extra protein and veggies while we were all cooking all day. It's definitely showing on the scale which is not putting me in a good place. These last 15 pounds are going to be tough!!
  • After being up all night with my darling daughter throwing up, it is hard for my brain to think straight and get myself to eat what I need to. I don't have so much a problem of eating the wrong stuff but even eating the good stuff is where I struggle when I am tired. I just want to sit on the couch and not eat anything....