IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/26/2013

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • I find lots of presentable - ungranny pjs at Kohl's.
  • I have been thinking about what I can cook for Easter. The big hand that they sell with the brown sugar packet to pour ontop-do you think the ham would be okay (without the sugar on it)??
  • Had a great NSV today!! We had a large sheet cake for an employee today and as always stepped up to cut the cakes and help put onto the plates. Had frosting and cake all over my hands but was not even tempted to have a piece, bite or even tad of the cake!

Just finishing week 3 this upcoming Thursday. Have made myself realize what a little cheat may do to my progress.

Thanks - this board helps me with this journey so very much.
  • Quote: Ok I need some Big C help. I have tried Smooth Move tea and it doesn't work that well for me. I have tried psylium husk and that didn't work that well. I don't want to buy the Novi-Lax because it is expensive. Any other ideas of what I can try? Thanks!
    My doctor explained that I should not use fiber capsules because they often contain carbs. He recommends Miralax or Mag Citrate (for extreme circumstances). lol
  • I have been on the diet for 21 days and I am down 11 lbs. I did do a cheat day and it put me back for a few days. I am still thrilled with my weight loss, though. I have dieted the past few years and never could get under 170 lbs. I am at 164lbs today. Yaayyy!!
  • Another food day at work today to avoid. Usually doesn't bother me, but for some reason today I am hungry and keep thinking about it. I have my 6 week weigh in tonight to keep me focused though!

Thanks for all the posts.....keeps me motivated.
  • Quote: I have been thinking about what I can cook for Easter. The big hand that they sell with the brown sugar packet to pour ontop-do you think the ham would be okay (without the sugar on it)??
    I haven't found any spiral or boneless hams that don't contain sugar in the ingredients (excluding the glaze, that's a given).

If you come across one please let me know!
  • Quote: Ok I need some Big C help. I have tried Smooth Move tea and it doesn't work that well for me. I have tried psylium husk and that didn't work that well. I don't want to buy the Novi-Lax because it is expensive. Any other ideas of what I can try? Thanks!
    Spinach blended into my morning shake and a probiotic seem to do the trick for me.
  • Quote: I'm fighting a stomach flu right now so think I will be staying home on my couch today. I hate being sick.
    Hope you feel better! BTW, I probably missed the post somewhere on my traveling days, but how did the music jam go???

Quote: Well NSV yesterday. I bought medium, fits nicely, not even tight and not even close to my goal weight.
    I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.
    Great NSV! Love fitting into smaller clothes, being surprised by the size and having them fit comfortably - WTG!
    Hopefully, you'll never be ready to wear those type of grandma pjs - lol!

Quote: Any loss is a good loss!!!!
    The BEST Attitude, WTG! Don't sweat over the small stuff, right?!!

Quote: I read a lot about using alternatives and I have thought about it. I decided to stay 100% IP. I don't want to mess with a good thing. This is working therefore I want to stay with it, as is. My coach is as determined that I succeed as I am so loyalty plays a big part.
    Good Luck on your WI
    Totally great decision to stay 100% on IP products. I mostly went to alternatives for the selection (not the cost, although that's nice too). I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the IP drinks and puddings; I guess I'm pickier than I thought lol. I wanted to find more options for non-restricted items and I did with alternatives.

Quote: I'm just keepin' on keepin' on over here. WI tomorrow. I hope it will be a good result, but I am setting my mind to be okay with whatever it shows. I have stayed OP, but I did a lot of physical exertion over the weekend (tiling and grouting) and TOM is here. I've been hungrier this week. I am looking at that as an "opportunity to use my 'stores'!"
    Love just keepin' on keepin' on!
    Good Luck with your WI.
    Did you have a 4rth packet over the weekend when you did extra physical work? It's important for your muscles!

Quote: Had my WI this morning, lost 3 pounds for 2 weeks. So excited to see the 140's next WI! (how's that for optimism?)
    WOW! - you are getting so close to goal. Congrats
    Here's to the 140's - cheers!

Quote: NSV... I am down a notch on my belt so something is happening! I haven't been 100% (which is why I haven't been posting)...I haven't fallen off the wagon but it's getting harder and harder to resist just a taste of this or a small glass of wine (which leads to another).
    I have to buckle down and start training for the Tough Mudder because I really want to complete every obstacle! I'm kinda scared of the monkey bars and anything else that will require me to lift my body weight with my arms!
    Great NSV! Please, still participate even if you haven't been 100%. This site is meant to be supportive in all apsects of everyones WL journey. And I believe that there is a large spectrum within our audience: on one side are the die hard 100% who think this is the easiest process ever and on the other end are the people struggling and don't feel like they will be able to make it one more day. All of us on this spectrum are important and worthwhile. The ones that are struggling need to hear from one another so they don't feel alone in this process. Hang in there! We're here for ya! Jen
    Tough Mudder.....WOW - one of these days I want to do something like this!
    Yeah, I wish those monkey bars were as easy as when we were kids! I know that my upper body is so much weaker than my lower body; wish that wasn't the case - something I'll have to work on down the road.

Quote: Been MIA for a while (crazy busy with tax season) but staying 100% OP. Have lost 32lbs already and everyone is starting to notice the difference in my appearance. Just wanted to check in and say Hi and see how everyone was doing.
    Thanks for checking in. April 16th is just around the corner - Hang in there! Great job on 32 lbs lighter; you must feel awesome!

Quote: Had a great NSV today!! We had a large sheet cake for an employee today and as always stepped up to cut the cakes and help put onto the plates. Had frosting and cake all over my hands but was not even tempted to have a piece, bite or even tad of the cake!
    Thanks - this board helps me with this journey so very much.
    Great NSV. It does get easier.... the being around tempting food and saying "no". If it doesn't bother you too much, I really like to serve the dessert, it makes it a lot less noticeable that you aren't having any. And by the time you are done serving, people are already finishing and no one notices that you don't have a plate or aren't having any.

Quote: I have been on the diet for 21 days and I am down 11 lbs. I did do a cheat day and it put me back for a few days. I am still thrilled with my weight loss, though. I have dieted the past few years and never could get under 170 lbs. I am at 164lbs today. Yaayyy!!
    Congrats on getting below the 170's - that's Awesome! WTG! Was the cheat day something your coach recommended or did you plan it?
    Most IP'ers chose not to cheat or have any "cheat days" - have you seen the "cost of cheating" Thread?
    *note - not judging or guilting you..... Just wanted to make you aware. It seems some coaches include "cheat days" and beginning IPer's don't realize that this is not the "norm". Jen
  • The jam went great JenRem thanks for asking!!
  • Quote: Do any of you use a website to track your calories and nutrients?
    I'm on My Fitness Pal too! I think it works great & can sync to computer, iPad and phone!

Quote: Wanted to share this recipe I found on Pinterest. I know many of us have tried the kale chips, but find kale bitter.
    Cheesy Nacho Spinach Chips
    Measurements will depend on personal taste and amount of spinach.

Bunch of clean, dry spinach (With stems removed)
    Oil (Olive, Grape Seed, ect.)
    Chili Powder
    Cumin
    Garlic Powder
    Nutritional Yeast
    Pinch of Salt and Pepper
    Ah, but nutritional yeast is not on the P1 sheet. I just looked up nutritional info and it isn't 0/0/0 so it doesn't qualify there, either. Sure sounds good, tho! I'll remember it for maintenance!
  • Quote: The jam went great JenRem thanks for asking!!
    Great; glad to hear it! Do you have plans to join the group again?
    I just imagine your Dad being so proud and happy watching you play the guitar!
  • After a good WI again yesterday, I am even MORE motivated to stay 100% OP...love seeing the results and cannot wait to get past the 160 block I have always had...hopefully in 2 more weeks I will be back in the 150s!

Seems like temptations are everywhere, but finding a way to be prepared has helped me get through all of them so far. It is such an exhilarating feeling to be strong even when everyone else is eating something you can't!

My hardest temptation so far has been FRUIT. I want it so bad !! I hope I will be done and on maintenance when all the fruit comes into season this summer.
  • Quote: Great NSV! Please, still participate even if you haven't been 100%. This site is meant to be supportive in all apsects of everyones WL journey. And I believe that there is a large spectrum within our audience: on one side are the die hard 100% who think this is the easiest process ever and on the other end are the people struggling and don't feel like they will be able to make it one more day. All of us on this spectrum are important and worthwhile. The ones that are struggling need to hear from one another so they don't feel alone in this process. Hang in there! We're here for ya! Jen
    Tough Mudder.....WOW - one of these days I want to do something like this!
    Yeah, I wish those monkey bars were as easy as when we were kids! I know that my upper body is so much weaker than my lower body; wish that wasn't the case - something I'll have to work on down the road. Jen
    Thanks, Jen! You are always so supportive! The funny thing is that I don't feel like I am struggling really bad... I do great 5 1/2 days/week..then Friday night and all of Sat just find myself following the rules a little too loosely. i am aware that it is slowing my losses but I do it anyways! LOL But even if the scale isn't moving, the notches on my belt are so I still must be doing something right!

I am really not looking forward to the monkey bars since they will prolly be situated over a big pit of ice water! I'd really like to be able to get across without swimming!

Quote: After a good WI again yesterday, I am even MORE motivated to stay 100% OP...love seeing the results and cannot wait to get past the 160 block I have always had...hopefully in 2 more weeks I will be back in the 150s!

Seems like temptations are everywhere, but finding a way to be prepared has helped me get through all of them so far. It is such an exhilarating feeling to be strong even when everyone else is eating something you can't!

My hardest temptation so far has been FRUIT. I want it so bad !! I hope I will be done and on maintenance when all the fruit comes into season this summer.
    I've never been one to crave fruit but this diet is def making me miss it! I've been having peach tea with a squeeze of lemon to substitute for juice...it almost works! LOL
  • Quote: Here's hoping that your WI is a good one! But it sounds like you have the right mindset...if this week isn't good cause of TOM and muscles, then next week will be a whoosh for sure!

These sound great! I had asked here about nutritional yeast before and the general consensus was that it isn't okay for P1. I still want to try it but I can't find it anywhere! Does it give you that bit of cheese flavor?
    I haven't tried these yet so I can't speak to the flavor.

Quote: I'm on My Fitness Pal too! I think it works great & can sync to computer, iPad and phone!

Ah, but nutritional yeast is not on the P1 sheet. I just looked up nutritional info and it isn't 0/0/0 so it doesn't qualify there, either. Sure sounds good, tho! I'll remember it for maintenance!
    I thought I would give them a try without the nutritional yeast. I don't really know what that will add, or detract from the recipe.