Points Question

• Okay...I can't remember who all is doing WW on here...Anyhow...I have a question that I tried to get answered on both the WW website and the WW board on here, to no avail.

Lite microwave popcorn is 1 Point for 3 cups. That should mean that 9 cups (a whole bag) is 3 Points. However, when I enter it in as 3 servings on the WW Online journal, it counts it as 5 Points. Now, someone has explained that it's because the Points calculator stops at 4 g. of fiber, so that skews that numbers. However, no one can tell me what I want to know: Do I really count it as 5 points, or as 3? To me, it makes no sense to have it equal one amount if I eat it all at once and another amount if I were to eat, say, 3 cups 3 times a day. (BTW, I have also run into this problem with snow peas....1 c. = 0 Points but 2 c. = 1.5 Points.)

Help!
  • Ok just my 2 cents....have you ever noticed that somethings are on the higher end of a point? Well maybe if the popcorn is a high 1 (example 1-2/3) then 3 times that would be 5. Maybe they figure it that way...who knows.
  • ahhhhh....okay! That makes perfect sense!

thanks
  • Your welcome at least it keeps you honest with yourself so you don't overeat your points then wonder why you gain
  • I would count it as 5. I think it's what Kim said.

I've noticed that when I have 2 servings of something that's 2 points for one serving, it ends up at 5 points. It must have been 2.5 points or something per serving in my example.