Mexico

• Has anyone had surgery in Mexico? If so:
    -What did you think of the care?
    -Which Dr did you have?
    -Which hospital were you at?
  • And another Q to ask is if you can find followup care in your area - that's the most important part.
  • Thanks!
  • After the hot air balloon disaster in Egypt, I told myself - "If you can't drink the water in a country, you probably shouldn't go up in a hot air balloon either."

Same probably applies to surgery. Just sayin'.
  • Hi,

I had WLS in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Pompa at LIMARP on March 5th. It was an amazing experience. The hospital was small but amazingly clean and beautiful, and the care was far superior to any care I have ever received in Canada.

As far as follow-up care, my family Dr. was 100% supportive and has been more than happy to take charge of my follow-up care.
  • vivid - did you have an RNY, DS, Sleeve or lapband?
  • Quote: vivid - did you have an RNY, DS, Sleeve or lapband?
    I had the VSG.
  • and since you're really new postop, who's following up with any surgical issues?
  • Quote: and since you're really new postop, who's following up with any surgical issues?
    My regular family doctor is taking charge of my follow-up. I've done follow blood work and such already. Fortunately I have not had any surgery related issues, but if I do at any point, she is prepared to deal with it. My family doctor is amazing and was 100% behind, which really helps.