New Phase 1

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • I never heard of raw peppers only. I know it's new that you are allowed all colours of peppers used to be only green. I know someone who has lost over 80 pounds and red, yellow, and orange peppers were his main veggie. And raw. I mean like atleast 2 cups raw every day if not all 4 cups somedays....... I couldn't do that.
  • Thank you for sharing this information.
  • Bell peppers (all colors) are fine, raw or cooked. But because they shrink when they cook you should measure raw if you can.
  • Quote: Interesting about the potassium. Does that mean dieters are getting half of the calcium now than previously? I had to reduce the amount of calcium on my own when I realized that's what was causing the severe constipation. But I can't remember now what the original amount was. I stopped taking the cal-mag but continued with the potassium and just took magnesium on its own.
    I just purchased a new bottle of the potassium supplement. As mentioned before it is now Potassium Citrate , 99 mg, 2.8%.

A bottle of my old potassium supplement was labeled Potassium bicarbonate, 800 mg, 22% AND Calcium Carbonate, 200 mg, 20%.

They've taken the calcium out of the potassium supplement, which explains the additional calcium supplements they are asking you take on the new Phase 1 sheet.

You should still be getting the same amount of calcium as before, just in different supplements.

Hope that helps!
  • I have had two weeks with difficulty losing weight...my intake in cabbage has been almost everyday with supper using the WF mayonnaise. This may explain the fact that I am not losing. I will also check with my clinic. Maybe if I try not to eat it everynight but more occasionnally. I just found it to be a nice change from salads everyday.
  • Quote: I have had two weeks with difficulty losing weight...my intake in cabbage has been almost everyday with supper using the WF mayonnaise. This may explain the fact that I am not losing. I will also check with my clinic. Maybe if I try not to eat it everynight but more occasionnally. I just found it to be a nice change from salads everyday.
    Cabbage wouldn't replace lettuce.
    Cabbage is part of your 4c veggies daily. Lettuce is unlimited.
  • Let me start by saying I think the IP program is a great protocol. As of my weigh in day Friday, I've lost 40 pounds since September, and am nearing my second week of Phase 2. I've never paid IP a dime. I was considering participating with a coach, but was underwhelmed by the presentation by the coach and opted to do it alone, with all the help here and from people at work.

I have also been underwhelmed by the quality of the presentation of information on the protocol sheets: lack of clarity around peppers (colored, green, cooked), changes concerning onions (cooked not carmelized, no only raw), how many eggs are a serving, having rutabagas as select and swedes as not permitted when they are the same vegetable, hot mustard as a seasoning with no mention of regular mustard, including Chick Peas as not permitted but not speaking to legumes in general, and lack of clarity about the most common form of cabbage.

However, the simple thing that finally moves me to write this is the typo "Sweetner" in the breakfast section of this new Phase 1 sheet. It just makes me wonder about thoroughness and quality control taken with the other inconsistencies. I do understand that the protocol will change as new information comes to light. The sheet should be crystal clear since everyone is being told to "follow the sheet". It just makes we wonder what else is inaccurate on the sheet. Perhaps this sheet was put together by the local center, "The Ideal Weigh" instead of corporate IP.
  • At this point Ive been through so many "new" sheets and i am following the one I have since I am almost at the 80lb mark.
  • Wow! Thanks for the new sheet! I've had rutabegas and turnips confused!! Been eating rutabegas like they were going out of style! my scale hasn't dropped even an iota for two weeks. sheeeesh. Also, the old sheet I have says 5 oz of meat. Really? it's now 8oz??? This is good news if it's true.
  • NO, NOT My BEGGIES!!
    I have them almost ever other day. Figures. I am so sad
  • I agree 100% with webrover... Oh yes. Same concerns. Still sticking with the center tho'...mostly because I want to have the ability to get help in phase 3 and 4, which scares the dickens out of me. My counselor sucks big time...but I mostly just get the IP packets from her. I've also determined some of their stuff is really bad for me...like the soups because they have way more sodium than a well versed person would think of eating after making this kind of self commitment. I've lost just about 30 lbs since Jan 10th. Almost 1/2 way now. Have found myself using a few alternatives for variety, and know that a 2-3 egg white omlette with mushrooms and spinach are an OK substitute when I just can't face another shake or fruity drink. And getting info from great voices here on this forum for my confusion has been a boon. When I reach phase 3-4...probably this summer, I will make a lot of noise if I do not get what I need in both information and support from the center after spending so much money. Even if I have to involve the IP corporate. For now, I'm doing fine and logging consistent losses. My body loves this diet and is responding. This is not a program for cheaters...whether you use IP or alternatives...so getting the right program for my metabolism when so much else did not work has been the most important thing at the moment. But my priorities will change this summer as I attempt the later phases and my expectations will set the bar a good bit higher for IP as a company.
  • Quote: Wow! Thanks for the new sheet! I've had rutabegas and turnips confused!! Been eating rutabegas like they were going out of style! my scale hasn't dropped even an iota for two weeks. sheeeesh. Also, the old sheet I have says 5 oz of meat. Really? it's now 8oz??? This is good news if it's true.
    You've been following a SUPER old sheet
    The one that came out June 2012 had 8 oz

It is in the stickies
  • Thanks for the new sheet! My coach gave me a 2012 one.
  • Quote: You've been following a SUPER old sheet
    The one that came out June 2012 had 8 oz

It is in the stickies
    Lisa---WOW...again...the center I go to did not update this! Is this change of portion for EVERYone on IP or only folks with a goal of a larger amount to lose?
    Thx..
  • I started last week and the protein portion states 8 oz.
    Enjoy!