Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/19-5/25

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
View Poll Results: Last week, how many days were you 100% on plan? (you CAN do multiple choice)
3.23%
3.23%
3.23%
6.45%
6.45%
9.68%
9.68%
All 7 days!!!
22.58%
Just starting this WOE this week!
9.68%
I was a baaaad girl last week, but I VOW to do better this week!
22.58%
Can you send me a ticket to the Detox Dungeon?
25.81%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

• This is the
    SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
    where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
    TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
    WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
    FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
    THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
    THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
    MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
    MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
    SB 2002 BIO BOARD
    SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=27763

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

• GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
    MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
    done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

YOUR DIRECTION

The destination you reach is determined by the direction you travel. That seems obvious enough, yet all too often it is forgotten when making the moment-by-moment choices that establish direction.The direction that is easiest or most comfortable usually does not lead to a destination that is the most desirable. That's because creating something of value involves challenge, effort, sacrifice, and moving out of your comfort zone.

Imagine what would happen if you went for a drive in your car, and at every intersection you selected the road with the least amount of traffic. You would probably have a pleasant, comfortable drive, but would have a very difficult time getting anywhere in particular.

Traveling through life works in much the same way. If you always take the easiest, most comfortable road, you make it all but impossible to reach a destination of your choosing. The choices you make each moment are what control your direction. And the direction you choose to maintain will determine the destination at which you arrive.

To really get to where you want to go, move at every chance in the direction that will take you there.

-- Ralph Marston
    THE MOMENT YOU BEGIN

The moment you begin to take action, the moment you truly make the commitment, something remarkable happens. Momentum shifts solidly in your favor. Problems are transformed into opportunities. Obstacles are transformed into pathways.Just a little bit of initial effort in a positive direction can completely change your perspective. And when your perspective changes, the whole world looks new, different and full of promising possibilities.

You cannot get all the way to where you want to be in just one step. Yet in just one step you can turn all the way around and begin heading toward that goal, that dream, that place you truly want to be.

Point yourself in a positive direction, and you'll immediately begin to experience the benefits. Any achievement can bring value long before you reach it, as long as you're continually reaching toward it.

On this very day, your most treasured dream can begin to bring richness to your life. Take that first solid step toward it, and see how dramatically everything can change.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
    194/1??/129
    SB since 3/22/00
    Reached goal 6/10/01
  • WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK!!!!

IT'S JECRITES BIRTHDAY THIS FRIDAY, MAY 23RD!

• Goodness, a new board and I'm the first to post.

Had a quiet weekend. Didn't do too much which is unusual for us. Newlyweds got in Sat night and Sunday opened all their gifts. that was fun. Then we hauled them out to their new house. I do mean hauled. It is a 40 minute drive each way.

Stayed OP all 7 days. Did have a little too much SF ice cream, but at least it is still OP.

If you haven't tried the new cheddar cheese triscuits. Try them. they are great. Hard to keep out of the box. I'm not much on tricuits, but these are really good.

Hoping that this week will be totally back to regular routine with working out and walking.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to jump into this week with both feet and OP.

Jackie
  • Good Monday morning
    Hi everyone.

It is a new week and I am hoping to get back on the wagon.
    The weekends are impossible! I know, I know....I am wining again.
    I am good during the week and I can blow everything in two days! This has to stop. I need to get motivated again and lose this damn weight! I would be happy with 5 pounds at this point!
    Twenty five seems to big of a challenge right now.

So, here is my plan......and you can feel free to hold me accountable to it.

1. Only 2 starchy carbs a day and that's that!

2. Walk, walk, walk. I am going to get in 3 nights of walking during the week. I usually do a walk Saturday and Sunday am so that will make 5 days of exercise.

3. Water is not a problem for me....I drink it all day long. But I will continue to get a minimum of 60oz plus a day.

4. I will journal each day. I made a sheet in excel where it is very easy to enter what I eat and how many calories I am taking in. I will plan my entire week and follow it.

5. No wine with dinner Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday nights I go out with friends so that is why I didn't include that night.

You have all been so supportive and I actually feel like I am letting you down by not losing. I found myself pulling away from the group when I should have been seeking your advise and support.
    Help me stay with it won't you?

I can do this, I know I can. I just need to get a good kick in the @$$.

Besides that.......the weekend was uneventful. Oh except for the pollen! OMG....I am dying here. We had this white stuff flying around on Saturday so bad that it looked like it was snowing. My eyes are red and my skin is a mess. I take Zyrtec and use Nasacort but when the air is this bad nothing works. I wanted to work in the garden but I didn't want to be standing out there in this stuff.

This is a short week for me at work. I am taking Friday off. I am going to my friends house to work on our scrapbooks. I am so looking forward to it. She has a little 2 year old and wants to get his book going and I have been doing one about my husband and I and I have another one for my garden. It is so much fun.

Well, I will check in later. I hope this week at work isn't as crazy as the last two have been. Yeah right......
  • Good Morning All

It's another bright sunny day here to-day. May try to get out in the garden again to get a few more plants in - but first of all I have to go to the store to buy some more. I'm getting it done a little bit at a time. I'm sorta waiting for my tulips to die off as they didn't do too well this year and I plan on pulling them out and planting some daffodils in the fall. Once they are gone I can figure out how many other plants I have room for. Sorry to say I only made 6 days on the OP Challenge for this week. The only indiscretion was a Dairy Queen ice cream that I had a few days ago. I had a fancy for one and actually had it in my hand before I remembered the challenge.:. I did o.k. on the water intake and the exercise although I forgot to post on the exercie board for Saturday which was badminton as usual. This morning I had Red River cereal for breakfast with some berries on top. This is the first time I am trying this and it tastes quite good with the berries. Has anyone else ever tried it? The ingredients are cracked wheat, cracked rye and flax seeds and it has a gi of 50. I'm having chicken strips and lentil salad for lunch. I have just made the Lentil Salad with Cucumber Vinaigrette form the recipe on the current Recipe Board. I had a taste of it after I mixed it all together and it tastes very good. Should taste even better when it's cooled off properly and the flavors have blended.

Jack-K -
    CONGRATULATIONS for staying op for the whole seven days. Those cheddar triscuits sound good but I am afraid to buy any as I know I wouldn't be able to keep my hand out of the bag.

Jane - I think it is a good idea to have mini-goals. If you aim for small increments I think your ultimate goal will be easier to attain.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and here's to a good SB week.

Marie.
  • Monday
    Whew!!!! Today is the girls last day of school thank goodness. It's getting pretty bad having to get up an extra hour early to get them ready and drive all that way. They get out at 11:40 today too; I didn't see the point in them having to go, but oh well.

Now that school will be out until whenever it starts up again, hopefully I can be on here more than I have been for the last couple of weeks. Also I found the key to the treadmill and even have the thing sitting right here beside me, so I'm planning on using it some too.

Moving really sucks! It totally messed up my eating. Oh and speaking of that, I need to thaw out something for tonight too. I still have a lot to do around this house to get it into shape, but it's slowly getting there. I did get the kitchen put into order yesterday, now if only I could get the rest of the house done; and oh my gosh, I have so much laundry to do too, but I'll get a workout doing that since the washer and dryer are down in the basement and there are a bunch of stairs to go up and down.

Ok everyone, I've got to run, I need to hit the bank before I head out to pick up the girls, and I still need to find something to eat this morning. I'll see y'all later.

Jenn
  • AARRGGHH!

I just lost a long post to everyone--totally my fault!!!!

I'm here--survived the weekend.

Will talk to everyone later!

Susan
  • Tired and stressed!
    Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I had a bout of exhaustion that came on Saturday afternoon and lasted all day Sunday. So I didn't get much done. I did stay OP, and my Saturday weigh-in I'd lost 1.4 lbs.

They're talking layoffs at my work this week. I'll let you know what happens, one way or the other, but needless to say for someone that's living paycheck to paycheck, this is not a good thing.

Also, one of my good friends confided to me that she's met "someone else"... and is thinking of leaving her fiance. I am hoping it's just a phase, since this other guy is across the country and came along when she was feeling vulnerable. I don't know what do to - I hate to see her throw away 4 years of a good relationship, but I also want her to be happy. *sigh*

TTYL,

Jenn
  • Q
    Good Monday morning all:

We had a busy weekend. My 5-year old went to a pretend sleepover on Saturday evening for 2 hours, so my husband, youngest daughter and I went to dinner at Islands. I just got a grilled chicken sandwich and took it off the bun, and ate with a fork and knife. I also had a glass of chardonnay. We went to a baptism on Sunday and then the party afterward. They had BBQ catered in, with beans, cole slaw, and then had ice cream cake. Luckily they did not put the sauce on the meat; they let everyone put as much as they wanted on. It had 13 grams of sugar per serving. I just had the meat with some veggies and ranch dip, and passed on the cake.

I do have another question: I am going to a catered dinner at the Olive Garden in a few weeks. The dinner choices include Spaghetti with meatballs, Lasagne, Eggplant Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo or Ravioli di Portobello. I thought the safest would be the Eggplant, but does anyone know the sugar content of their sauces? Also, what about the salad dressing on their salads? Any info. would be much appreciated.

Jecrites: In case I forget Friday, have a fantastic Birthday. Better yet, celebrate it all week!

Jack: Way to stay on plan for 7 days. That's great! What kind of sugar-free ice cream do you like the taste of best? I have scanned the ingredients in some and get confused as to what is o.k. to have or not. As far as the cheddar cheese triscuits, I'd love to try them. I have been cutting little slices of pepper cheese and melting them on top of a few triscuits for a little snack and it's yummy! This does bring me to another question though; why are triscuits o.k. to eat when they are partially hydorgenated? I thought hydrogenated foods we were supposed to stay away from???? Still learning!

Jane: I think the mini-goals you set for yourself are very important. I always find I do best when I journal. It is easy to "sneak" a few things in here and there and lose track rather easily. Keep up with the exercise; I always find I am so much more motivated to eat right when I get that exercise in. I say to myself, "I worked my butt off today, I'm not gonna blow it now for that ______." It helps me if I can work out early in the day to start the day off right. Good for you with the scrapbooking. I have tried it but find it so time-consuming. I am not the craftiest person either.

Rosalie: Sorry for your slip-up, but I must say if you are going to blow it, why not Dairy Queen? I LOVE DQ. My daughter will often say after dinner on the weekends, "let's go to Dairy Queen." I have to try to talk her and my husband out of it. I haven't heard of Red River cereal. I have been eating the Hi-Lo back to nature, and the shredded wheat.

Jecrites: Amen; I can relate. My 5-year old graduates from pre-school on Friday and then I can give that poor vehicle a well-deserved break. It is a thirty minute drive to and from school, so it seems we are on the road a lot. She will still have swim lessons in the summer and I enrolled her in some fun classes at a community center not too far away. So, we will still have some running around to do, but not nearly as much. Enjoy your summer.

OH, ALSO, I signed up for a Yoga class on Thursday evenings at 7PM; I can't wait to try it. I've never taken Yoga before. Any advice to keep me from overdoing it?

Well, I will check in later. Take care.
  • Thought I would catch up while I have a minute. It's pretty busy here today.

Agape, there is a good bbq recipe on the board. I think Deb posted it. Give it a try. I buy Mccormick steak seasonings. You don't even need steak sauce with them.

Jane, when the weekend comes, ask yourself before you eat someth "bad" do I want to blow the good I have done all week? I bet you will at least stop and think about it and hopefully make better choices. Sounds like you have a good plan worked out. Good luck.

Rosalie, there are several things at DQ there are SF and taste great. Especially their Dilly bars.

Jecrites, Glad your long trips will be over and you can spend some more time with us.

Fillise, Congrats on making it though the weekend. They're tough.

Jenn, hope the layoff doesn't affect you. As for your friend. If she is unsure, better now than later in calling it off.

Pancho. WTG on making the right choices this weekend. You did great. Check out Olive Garden's website for nutitrion info. I think their salad dressing is ok. I just buy Kroger brand NSA yogurt. Vanilla. My DH thinks I'm nuts since I like vanilla best. Don't know the answer on the triscuits. Maybe someone else does. I just eat them. See my post to Rosalie on DQ.

Bob, hope the Dr gave you a shot today and you are feeling better.

Jackie
    257/154/145
    10-10-01
  • Hi Everyone! Still remember me? So sorry that I have been away so long. Have been in a slump & now I've gone off the deep end & can't seem to find my way back. The scale is higher than it has been in way over a year. I need some serious help, so I figured I'd best get myself back to the board where I need to be. I'm having a hard toime fitting into my clothes & I have worked way too hard to just let it all go. I'm drinking the water, but I have not been exercising or journaling, so I'm vowing to do both of those things starting today.

I'm so out of touch with everyone here, but I'm going to jump right in & start with today's posts & maybe I can keep up. Mostly, it's the motivation & encouragement that I need to get back into the swing of this WOE.

Debbie, Your MM really hit home. Need to just get off my duff & get heading in the right direction is all.

Jack-K Sounds like you had a great week last week & you even survived the wedding! Bet you're glad it's finally over. I will had to look for the new cheddar cheese triscuits. I love triscuits.

jane8760, Sounds like you've got a good plan laid out. Now I hope that you can follow through on it. That's what I need to do, get back to a plan & journal again. I'm with ya, let's do it!

Rosalie Sounds like you're enjoying the out doors & gardening. I love daffodils. I see that my first gladiola is blooming. A varigated pink one. I'm hoping to get out there & cut grass this afternoon. That should burn off some of these fat calories I'm toting around!

jecrites, Goodness, school letting out already in your neck of the woods? The boys go through the first week of June here, but I guess some of that is to make up for the hurricane back in Oct. as they lost a week & a half of school time then. Hey, going up & down those stairs should get you in shape!

FILLISE, Don't you hate that when you lose a post? Especially a long one. But hey, at least you're posting. Better than I've been doing lately.

Jenn in MN, Hope those layoffs don't affect you too bad. Congrats on the 1.4 lb lose! WTG!

Pancho, WTG on passing up the sauce & the ice cream cake.

Have a 3 pm appt at chiropractor, so I'll try to check in tonight. Looking forward to being back on the board with all of ya!
  • Hey All

Just got home and have 2 kids waiting for me to get off the computer, so I'm going to have to make this quick - sorry...

Just found out as I picked up Michael that I have to take him back to school at 7pm for an awards banquet, they just told him today - what type of crap is this last minute stuff

House is a mess, haven't had a minute to do anything and it shows. Oh well, TRANQUIL will just have to suffer with not only my bad cooking BUT a messy house as well.

If I can, will check in later, otherwise it's probably going to be tomorrow.

Hope you are all well today!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
  • Melf, it is so glad to see you posting again. Get yourself out of that slump and right back on plan. Yes, you have come to far to let it all go. You did this before, you can do it now.

Deb, I'll bet you will be glad when school is out. Maybe some of your running back and forth will cut down.

Jackie
  • Monday afternoon
    Hello everyone.

Boy am I tired. So glad that today was the last day of school. I now have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader, YEAH

When I got to the school to pick them up, (they were supposed to get out at 11:40), they were already out and waiting on me in the parking lot, and I was more than early to get them. Of course all you know that's a 20 to 25 minute drive from here, then I had to drive another 20 to 25 minutes to go pick up my meds, and then 40 to 50 minutes to get back here. Then I had to go grocery shopping since I haven't had time to do that since we got moved and all. When I pulled up in the driveway, I saw that one of my "new" neighbors kids had been in my yard and gotten out some of my kids ride on toys and had it halfway down the block. Now we've been in this house what a week and a half to two weeks now, and this isn't the first time the other kids have done that. I'm always having to tell them to go home and stay out of my stuff. It really pisses me off too. I don't let my kids run around the neighborhood taking things that don't belong to them, so why do these other parents do it. I swear this is the first base I've lived on that the kids are allowed to do whatever whenever. We really have to get the other piece of fence put in to keep these kids out and then put a lock on the dang gate and I'll keep the kids stuff back there, and I swear if one of those other kids climb over the fence, someone's gonna be hearing from me. Geez, if they want something to do, there's a park about a block or two away. I know I probably sound a little *****y, but holy cow, I see no need in other kids loosing or breaking my kids things when they can do that perfectly on their own.

Ok, enough of that. Here's a couple of replies, and then I'm off to start some laundry; (everyone here will be happy when I get done with that chore!)

Jack-k, Oh yeah, those cheddar triscuits are yummy. My kids said they taste like cheesy popcorn. I also like the roasted garlic ones.

Melf, School was supposed to have been out last Wednesday, but they had to make up 3 days for snow. They would still be in school if we hadn't moved up here though. I'm sure that them getting out early means that they will also be starting early, but at least they'll be going here on base and will ride the bus. I'm really hoping to get my 4 yr. old into preschool. I don't know if they have it here or not; I really need to check that out before it gets too late.

Ok, now off to start in on the laundry. See y'all later.

Jenn