IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/14/2013

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I use the shirataki when I can't find the 0/0/0 ones... My local Asian market changes them up now and then... I just eat lower carb IP foods that day. It has not affected my weight loss, and in fact I find the high fiber good for...moving things along. I don't eat them everyday, mind you, but the ones I get are 20 cal per serving, 1 net carb. They are considerably cheaper than Miracle Noodle, which I have to buy online. If you are near a big city, and have any Asian markets, try there.

The best ones I can find most often at the Asian market are Shirakiku brand "shirataki style" konjac noodles. 10 cal per serving, 5 carbs, 5 fiber, so 0carbs. And a serving is 2/3 of a 8oz package.

And to answer the other question... The non-tofu kind are a bit chewier than the ones with tofu.

Thanks! I need to keep looking maybe some around here.

Oh and guess what. The husband just brought home half of a homemade chocolate chess pie from a dinner they had at work. Yeah he got the ol' stink eye for that one.
  • Hey all
    Quick question.. I am under the weather today.. but am trying very hard to get my mandatory foods in today. I had my shake for breakfast... some cauliflower rice with an egg and 2 egg whites and some red pepper. For supper I made sauteed mushrooms and shrimp... but my concern is that the shrimp portion only had 16 g of protien... which seems very low for a dinner portion (it was 13 shrimp though.. i dont know that i could have eaten more!).
    I will be having a shake before bed.. but am wondering if I am too low on protien today.. and is that a bad thing. I dont know if I can eat much more... any suggestions?
  • Eat what you can eat and get better! When I was sick at the beginning I only had chicken broth for 2 days.
  • Quote: Thanks! I need to keep looking maybe some around here.

Oh and guess what. The husband just brought home half of a homemade chocolate chess pie from a dinner they had at work. Yeah he got the ol' stink eye for that one.
    My hubby can't give up the potato chips. I know the stink eye well, and I'm an expert at it!
  • Wow, thought i was going crazy being cold,even at work I was always hot, not lately! Lol!
    Had a headache today, advil took edge off, think I've not had enough salt, anyone else have this happen?
    THX! for all the support!
    D
  • Quote: Weigh in last night. Down 7.2 lbs! Woot! Woot!
    Congrats!
  • Yes, when I get a headache I'll put some sea salt either mixed with water or in a spoon...headache goes away fast
  • Wow, it's so exciting and inspiring to see everyone's weight loss numbers! Well done!

I've been colder than normal as well, but I think a part of this (for me) is that I'm now drinking cold water constantly. I'm sure the protocol is a factor as well, but I've started drinking room temperature water and its helped.

As for my lunch at Chipotle, I ended up getting the lettuce, peppers, chicken, and salsa. I had to pick the onions out, and it's amazing to see that the pepper mix is like 30/70, with onions being predominant. I'll definitely get my veg in tonight!
  • Quote: I just started this diet 2 days ago, have already witnessed four lbs disappear! However, I don't know if its the amount of food or the way I respond to the protein packets but I have absolutely no appetite. I actually have a hard time eating all the food that I'm supposed to. Just had soup for lunch and thought I was literally having to force feed myself a few bites of veggies. Couldn't make it through 2 cups. I skipped the snack yesterday too. Is anyone else having this issue? Other than minor fatigue, I feel great!

I LITERALLY sat at my kitchen table for an hour making myself eat the first few days. It gets better ...It still takes me a long time to eat, but not quite as long and I don't have to stop myself from gagging anymore either.
  • Quote: Just had my 4th WI. -3lbs
    My measurements in one month have changed a lot,
    1" off neck, 3" off chest , 2" off thorax, 4" off waist, 3" off hips, 1.5" off thigh.
    I'm so impressed with the results and how I'm feeling.

Yahoo! Keep it up!
  • What a beautiful day, drove home from work topless ...(top down on the Mustang.) Had left over steak and peppers and some jicama dipped in WF caramel dip. Went to get groceries and had to put the top up part way there it got chilly fast..lol When I got home I was making my IP Cappuccino, poured it in the mug to warm it up then had a thought, it's a bit warm for a warm drink so I put some ice in my magic bullet and added 1T WF Caramel dip and a little sea salt... mmmm delicious!! Have a great night all keep up the good work.
  • Quote: Closet to an "I" I can get is it feels like I'm living in an igloo. But that probably won't cut it.
    Quote: What a beautiful day, drove home from work topless
    Ok, both of those made me snort so I'm givin' ya a . Thanks for the "visuals"