Yay! A SB Forum! Newbie here...

• Hi everyone! My name is Shiloh and I am entering my 4th week of the SBD. I have been feeling a bit discouraged lately because the first 2 weeks I lost 7 lbs and then week 3 - NOTHING!! Not even an ounce! I haven't even moved on to phase 2 yet (other than adding some red wine) so I'm at a loss. I've been following the plan diligently. Has anyone else experienced this? I am going to go ahead and move on to stage 2 tomorrow and I am hoping it will make a difference. Maybe my body needs those other things to move forward?

I am so happy to have found this site! Looking forward to hearing your input and advice!
  • Hi and welcome. Not to pry, but if you do not have much weight to lose it may take a week or two for the numbers to keep going down. P1 is not meant to be long term as it is quite restrictive. My first week on P2 I lost nada, but I kept telling myself my body may need time to adjust....and it did You are doing great! You may notice inches lost and increased energy before the scale "gets it."
  • Welcome!
  • This is indeed common. Many experience an initial loss and then slow down, pause, or even have a slight gain. My theory has always been that the first whoosh is a lot of water weight and then it takes a while for our bodies to catch up.

Measuring your body is good too, on SB. Sometimes you see a change in those numbers even though the scale is not moving. And hopefully you see a change in how you feel, eating better
  • Mama2twins!
  • Hi Mama2twins,

I hope you're doing well on South Beach.

I've started a new Starters/Restarters thread here -- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ml#post4670082

I hope you'll join in.