Finally, a good protein bar!

• I've found one that I actually like!!!!! If I can finish this post it means I didn't 'dump' either!

It is an Atkins bar 13 g of protein ... Morning starts creamy cinnamon bun. Honest --- it kinds of tastes like a creamy cinamon bun. This bar isn't as 'gooey' as the ones I've tried in the past. It will be a great thing to keep in the car for those times when I 'have' to eat and the kids need to be somewhere.

I have been eating Wendy's Chili ... it is lowfat and 21 grams of protein! Of course, I get two meals from a small (99 cents) ... but it hits the spot for something other than chicken and turkey!

Leanna
  • Leanne,
    Good to hear about a good protien bar. I am still waiting for surgery but am doing alot of reseach and will keep that in mind when i get to that point !!
    I have heard and am glad to know about the Chili too !! I am so looking forward to joining u and the others on the other side !!
    keep up the good work... 50 pounds gone forever for YOU!!! and if u find out anymore good protein items please do share !!
    Cindy
  • great news, leanna... and wendy's chili is a great standby. it fills all the requirements: soft, ground, saucy, good tasting, low fat, high protein. you CAN eat other stuff. anything ground or pounded thin is fine. and you can have gravy and other things. so you can have some pork barbecue in a little sauce and enjoy it.

after all, how much are you gonna eat????!!!!

and you can have sloppy joe meat.

i'm so proud of you!!!!!
  • Food
    I am having difficulty getting myself to try new things. I have had some major 'dumps' (that is literal) LOL!!! I had an episode this week on one of the 'balance' protein bars. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one (not sugar free) ... BAD BAD BAD!

I am stuck as far as the weight loss ... only two pounds in the last two weeks. However, physically, I feel great.

I haven't posted lately because - unfortunately - I am one of those people that are getting divorced after WLS. Husband left about a month ago --- apparently upset that I am not the woman he married! Go figure - I grew up! He did not and refuses to. I couldn't go through another, 'It's OK, and I forgive you' routine for the latest round of infidelity. Darn it I deserve better!

I think this WLS has given me the confidence to move on with my life --- me and the kids. I've supported all of them financially for a long time --- it was the emotional drain that kept me from challenging him. It amazes me to think of how I took the victim role for so long --- I was truly in denial for years. This ofcourse added to my weight and my low self esteem.

It's funny because at work .. I am the go-getter, the boss, the strong one - but in this area I was truly weak. I gave up the fight.

So ... send those hugs ... I need them.
  • leanna, honey. here's a news flash or two:

YOU'RE NOT FAR ENOUGH OUT OF SURGERY TO EAT PROTEIN BARS!!!!
    not for at least a total of 6 months. you just can't digest them. like you needed to be reminded!!!!

and believe me, i'm glad you realized that there were issues BEFORE the surgery, and that this might have just been the last straw.

continue with your new confidence. you are worth it. you MUST put yourself first.

many warm hugs for you. you're doing great!!! and come back and post more often!!! vent away!!!!!
  • Leanna, hugs to you. I'm sorry your marriage is ending, but every woman deserves to be the most important person (besides children) in their husband's life, and sounds like your husband had other things on his mind.

I agree with Jiff, keep posting, just unloading can do wonders.
  • I'm sending hugs your way too Leanna. Sounds to me like you've done lots of soul searching and are finding out just who you are. Good for you for being strong enough to be strong and do what's right for you.
    Chickadee
  • Have you tried the detour bars, they taste like snickers .. They are kinda high in calories but I can only eat a forth of a bar it has 30gr of protien in each bar..
  • cathie.... you are also way too soon out of surgery to eat these things. wait a few more months. really!!!

but you'[re right about the detour bars...