Don't MARCH, Run!!!! [March running blog sorry for the lame title!]

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi all!! Sorry once again for the delay - I was in Phoenix running a half marathon followed by an awesome vacation in Sedona until I got strept throat...just wanted to jump on and get the blog going and I'll be sure to fill everyone in on my awesommmmmmmmmmmmme half later tonight.
  • IM 38 thanks for starting thread can't wait to here about your 1/2!! So sorry to hear about the strep yuck! I am living vicarious through all of you....Thank You
  • It's finally going to be 50ish degrees on Sunday so I'm going for a run! In 2010, I did Couch to 5K and ran a couple 5Ks, but for a variety of (lame) reasons I quit running.

I'm so excited to start again! And my SIL and my BFF are joining me....awesomeness. We - and my running buddies from 2010 - are planning to do the Color Run in June.
  • Today I walk/jogged 5K on the treadmill. My furthest distance ever. Last time I noticed I stopped at 2.4 miles and I was like "hey, if I can do 2.4, I can do 3.1" so today I just kept going. Made it in 48 mins. Slow, but I made it!
  • You reminded me of the joke - Can February march? No, but April may!

Have fun running!
  • Tabbycat here.

I'm in the March Exercise Challenge (Chicks Up for Challenge board) to run 30 miles. It's a modest goal, but I'm 57 and just took up running last spring. I have two neighborhood routes mapped out... a two-mile and a three-mile. I have orchestra practices three times a week and I teach school, so I don't run every day.

Today I did a 5K fun run. My goal was to trot the whole thing without walking and to finish in under 38 minutes. My chip time was 37:44. That's not quite as good as the 5K I did in January, but better than the ones in October and December.
  • Tabby at Welcome I am almost 61 and normally run several times a week 3 to 6 miles each time. But have had a recuperating dog for 5 weeks he has about 5 weeks left we have to be with him all the time. Soooo please log in I am living through you all
    Meanwhile I am doing lots of cardio and weights
  • 13.12 miles on an indoor track....I know it was indoor but I still think it counts....Half marathon is on 4/20...I get to go back to outdoors running this week
  • I haven't run since my half marathon on the 24th. I'm gonna head out for an easy run tomorrow. I'm scared.
  • Nikel - How did your run go?

Freerun - OF COURSE it counts! How did you not get bored out of your skull though??

I ran 13.11 this morning in a time of 1:48:24. I guess I should sign up for a 1/2 and challenge myself!

Jen
  • I freakin' LOVE running!

Went out for the first run of the season...and my first run since 2010!...today. I was "only" able to do a quarter mile at a stretch and then had to walk for a bit. BUT my first run doing Couch to 5K back in 2010 I wasn't even able to run for 60 seconds...and I couldn't complete the 20 minute workout. I'm thrilled that I haven't regressed as dreadfully as I feared I had. I can't wait to see how quickly I can get back up to being able to do 3 miles.
  • Well so much for getting a run in today. I woke up to the sounds of a puking kiddo. We're already dealing with strep & pneumonia. Looks like tomorrow wil be back to the Dr, so Tues will be the day for my first post half run.
  • Hi everyone!! Back to the land of the living!! I had my BEST half yet in Az last Saturday - it started out perf temps and still darkish 6:30 a.m. 58 degrees. Was about 70ish when I finished but that was nothing [poor hubby did his first full marathon and when he finished it was nearly 85 people were passing out at the finish]. I beat my former personal best by EIGHT minutes!! 1 hr 56 min!! I had REALLY wanted to beat 2 hrs so I was SO SO happy - it was an easy, mostly level/downhill course so they said it would be a good PR course but still - woohoo!!! Then of course two days later I got strept and have been out of commission. Did my first run since yesterday - easy 5.25 miles went so/so my lungs are not 100% but I'm glad I got out there.

How is everybody doing?? Welcome newbies!
  • I ran two miles Saturday afternoon. Today my hubby and I are planning on doing another run so I shall log it afterward!
  • I did my half marathon yesterday and I finished under 3 hours! Wheeeee!

My pace was around 13:17/mile which is great for me. And I only felt like my body was broken around mile 12. And man, I was SORE last night. A lot less sore this morning but overall, just fantastic! YAY!