La Weightloss# 68

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Well, the PT was right of course, it has gotten more challenging as the weeks go on. We're on session 8 of 24 and I'm almost counting down the weeks left. Today was a rough day. I feel like I don't have the energy to get through the workouts, even though I ate. I could use a good old nap right about now.

I think I need to increase my food, I don't think I'm getting what I need to hang-in there with the PT. It's really been a struggle, I feel like I'm getting stronger but I don't really see it.

Anyway, I'm sleepy but it's going to be a long work day so I just need to wake up!!

Until later, have a great day!!
  • Good morning ladies,

How is everyone? We haven't been keeping the board active enough and I miss reading everyone's post.

This morning was a rough workout day. I am still tired from my trip to NJ on Tuesday and then working out with the PT on Wednesday morning, and then having a long work day. Today I could barely get through 45 minutes at the gym. After that, I just gave up and decided to shower and get ready for work. I was so disappointed that I couldn't finish but sometimes the body says take a break and if you don't then it will take one for you.

I meet with the PT tomorrow so I'm going to try and get some rest tonight. One problem I have is I still take in water in the evening and I'm up all night it seams. I really need a earlier cut off time, around 5/6PM. Anyway, I'm tired today so it's going to be a long one.

Until later, have a great day!
  • Hi Kimbo:
    Have you been following the food plan of the PT or are you mixing a little. I think I have been adding to much, I have not been moving down on the scale. I do not attempt to drink the water at night either.
    Do you workout in between the PT also? Maybe it is to much especially if you think you are not eating enough.
    Diane
  • Hello Everyone....

I know I just have not had the time to post. Work is crazy. Just a short post....still maintaining...nothing interesting to post...was up 1lb at weigh in last night but I am sure that is due to all the cake that I ate this past week...but I am still in my range and I am back on track no cake since Sunday...*smile*

Kim...You are really pushing it girl....be careful don't over due it. Try and relax this weekend. I know it is hard but try.

Hope everyone is staying OP as much as possible......with all this rainy weather it makes it tough...I think we are supposed to see the sun the next couple of day.

Have a good one....check in later
  • Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, but work is crazy! I have lost a total of 11# in the past 4wks! I have 6more pounds to go to meet my first small goal.

Kim-Good luck on going back to LAWL, don't let them stress you w/ coming more times than you can. It's your plan and you'll do what suits you! Let us know how the weigh-in goes.

Diane- Congrats to you for being consistent!

Waterbaby- WELCOME!
  • Diane,

Yes, I've been following the plan the PT gave me but modifying some of the things I don't eat, but I'm staying within the 1300 calories a day. I believe this is to little to take in also, I'll be able to tell this weekend when I weigh in. I've been dying to get on the scale but I'm determine to wait until Saturday. I do workout on my own when I'm not with the PT but I only do cardio, no weights.

Tab-I think I just need to eat more. I really don't know if I'm doing 1300 a day. My eating is about the same everyday, I really don't change what I eat from day to day but the scale will tell the truth on Saturday. I've been able to tell by my clothes and my measurements. I will not workout this weekend, tomorrow will be it until Monday.

Kitkat & Gina--Where are you? It's been a while.

Waterbaby--How's it going with you?

Well, I guess I'll write later. It's always good to see everyone's post.
  • Wow, thanks for the warm welcome, and please you can call me Claire...waterbaby is such a long, awkward name to type...

I seem to be doing pretty well so far. You all are so far ahead of me! Doesn't bother me any -- it gives me the chance to learn from everyone's experiences!

It's great that people have personal trainers -- they are a true asset if they're good and honestly care more about their clients than making money. A friend keeps talking about Curves, but I'm so heavy I couldn't get through the workout no matter what. Right now, I'm doing Oxycise and the sculpting routine from the Six-Week Body Makeover program.

LA Weight Loss just fits my lifestyle so much better. I'm not much of a cook, and prefer food cool or room temperature rather than hot, so this works great for me! I use the ZonePerfect bars instead of the Nu-Lites (at 6 Zone bars for $4.17, I can't pass it up) and am recording everything through FitDay.

Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated. I had a good level of bodyfat once and plenty of muscle. I want to find that person again.

Our day here in Nashville is sunny, slightly smoggy, and a wonderful 75 degrees. If the humidity stays low, it will be a perfect day. If not, it's still pretty good!!!

Yee-hah!
  • Wow! What a good afternoon treat to see all the new postings! I decided to go for a walk at lunch, nothing big, a total of 30 minutes w/no sweating. The office is closed in enough and that's one thing I'm not ready for, smelling myself.

Kitkat-Congratulations on your weight lost. Sometimes it feels like the weight is slow coming off but once we get into it and that determination kicks in, we can do anything! Also, thanks for the advice, I really am not that happy about going back to LAWL but I have to many months left not to, I really would like to hold off until maintenance but I know they wouldn't go for that. I'm really trying to adjust my mind to not put a rush on losing this weight. It didn't come on overnight and it's not going off that way. One of the test I took at Balley's with the PT said I would reach my goal in 1/04, and I allowed that to upset me because I was hoping around 11/03. So I'm trying to change my mind set and look at this as a way of life and not like get it off tomorrow/yesterday.

Claire-Believe me, we've all come a long ways and you're the bold one who lists your stats. When I started my first diet about 7/8 years ago, I weighed in at 296 lbs and that was the shock of my life, I told my doctor that I though his scales were wrong but he claimed they were right. I went home and cried and went on a crash diet that led me to gallbladder/stone surgery in my 20's and of course the weight came back on. I only managed to keep about 15 of those lbs off. I say all that to say, I've come along ways but I still have a long ways to go. When I was close to 300 lbs I still went to the gym, when I wouldn't diet, I still went to the gym. I don't feel like you need to look like a model to go to the gym. When I started back about a 1 1/2 ago, I was the biggest person going but I went anyhow and did what I needed to do. I've only been serious about losing the weight since Dec. 02, but I still went to the gym. I didn't lose a pound but thank God I didn't gain a pound either, I stayed the same weight throughout. I hired a PT because I didn't know how to incorporate the weight training with the cardio to get the best results. He has really helped me and it's very hard work. He doesn't allow me to slack-off and I really get a great workout with him. I've heard of Curves but there hours don't fit my schedule (at least around my way), but I'm sure it's different all over. Just go and check it out, you don't have to join but the energy you get from others is unbelievable. Also, I believe most of us will say, we're with you on using other "bars", LAWL's are to expensive.

Well, I've said enough for the day, enjoy the rest of your day!!!
  • Kim- I got my remaining weeks back from LAWL. I made them write me a check because I just wasn't feeling them at the moment and I was doing the samething on my own. They gave me a little fight but ultimately wrote out a check. Have you thought about cashing in on your weeks?

Kathy
  • Kitkat--I didn't know that was possible after signing the agreement. I'm going to check into that before going back. I also have 4 boxes of LA bars left on the set that I bought. Do you think they'll give me my money back for that?
  • Good Afternoon Ladies...

Sorry to be soooo rushed...Claire I forgot to welcome you to the group. WELCOME. Yes...we can all learn alot from each other. When did you start LAWL? What plan are you on? I didn't buy the LA Lites either...I used the Luna Bars and now I have been doing some myoplex lights also...which are pretty tasty. I will chat with you more...but work is calling...

Kim...Enjoy your weekend off...I have yet another baby shower this weekend...which means more cake...mmm mmm good. I wish cake was on my menu...*smile*

Kathy....Way to go on the loss....11lbs in two weeks is totally awesome....Work is crazy for me too...I hope it slows down soon...can't take much more.

Well ladies have a wonderful weekend and I hope our weather stays rain free...but I don't think sooo...

Have a good one...check back in on Monday....
  • Good morning ladies,

I had a good workout today with the PT. I ate before going to the gym and it really helped my endurance during the workout.

Today a couple of people in the gym told me they could really tell that I had slimed down. That was a nice compliment that I don't always get at home, I believe my DH notices but just doesn't say anything, why, I don't know. Anyway, I could see my waist-line today in the outfit I have on which was a great change. My biggest problems is I don't lose weight in the breast area, I may go down to a D cup instead of DD and I feel like I look smaller w/bigger breast. I only wear minimizer bras but there's only so much hiding you can do. Oh well, I guess we can't have the prefect body.

Claire-which plan are you on right now and have you seen a difference. I know they make you weigh-in every couple of days, have you lost any weight yet?

Well, I'm hoping for a slow day, I think not! At least not at my job but if I can just leave at 4:30 today I'll be so greatful. I was here until 7:30 last night and I was not a happy person. It was so unexpected.

Anyway, I'll check the board later, have a great day!
  • Kimbo:
    At my center they would not give a refund for the remaining weeks but they would give me a refund for the remaining lites.
    So I am just going to use up the weeks, 2yrs I think my body is ready for a change.
    Tab have fun at the baby shower. So are you going to eat the cake?
    Claire how is the program so far?
    Diane
  • Diane-The fact is I want the 4 boxes of lites I have left. They really help me, I just can't stick to that plan but I'm still lossing weight. I didn't pay a lot of money I came in on a special but you hate to lose any money at all.

Well, it's almost 10:30 and I have an hour in a half. My boss said I could leave at noon since I stayed with her last night and several others within the last couple of weeks. So I am excited! What am I going to do with this extra time? I'm not use to it but I'm going to get my nails done and do a little pampering for myself, it's been a tough week and this is a good way to end it!

I meet with the PT 3 times next week so it's going to be another tough one but I'm looking foward to the challenge.

To all, have a great day and wonderful weekend!

I look forward to reading all the great OP posting for next week.
  • Hi all...
    I have been away the last couple of weeks....sorry I have been MIA. I have a lot of posts to catch up on...I will post more later. Hello Claire..and welcome.

Gina