PRAYER WARRIOR's Thread 2013 continued ...

You're on Page 7 of 35
Go to
  • Welcome to Gonna Get There Soon! Glad you found us! This is a great place for support & prayer.

Rosebud-prayers continuing for you and your Dad, Grace, and Donna. At times, I'm sure it seems as if you and your family have become targets of the evil one, doesn't it? I know we've felt that way over the last few years. I'll keep praying and praying.

Prayers continue for all other requests also, especially Gary and family & Bargoo. God bless!

I need a prayer or 2 myself-over the last week or so, I've been having new reactions to something I've eaten, including hives, dropping blood pressure, and heart palps, so I just need prayer to figure out what's causing it. I've narrowed it down to corn, chocolate, and almond milk, but need patience and help to figure out the next thing I have to eliminate. Thanks, everyone!
  • THANKS RONNI -- yes, you could almost think that, couldn`t you? I shared with my sister and BIL that we are really being tested at this time. I really feel that GOD wants us all to learn to TRUST HIM during these tuff times. We know that they will come eventually, as we all have friends and loved ones that are aging and/ getting ill. It is sometimes hard to understand and accept though; many people, Christians included, seem to think that bad things won`t happen to us. The truth is that they will -- JESUS, himself, warned us of that; but HE also promised that HE would be with us through these trials. HE will also answer our prayers as well: in some way, one way or another, they will be answered! HE IS FAITHFUL & TRUE!

I know my BIL said tonight that with so many calls with bad news, he was a bit depressed, so we all are praying for him too. Actually, we have also heard lots of good news too, so we have to learn to focus on the positive as well. This reminds me of the Israelites in the wilderness; what will you focus on? The negative or the miracles of GOD? It is obvious GOD has not abandoned us; HE is still answering our prayers. His daughter wanted to know why GOD allowed her grandmother to be hit by a car; that`s a tuffy, isn`t it? Well, circumstances came into play there, but thank goodness, her injuries were mild. Our prayers for her were answered; turns out she did have stronger pain meds, but just hadn`t been given them yet.

MORE GOOD NEWS -- Another one is that our nephew, JOSHUA, is well again and back at home; my DAD talked to him yesterday on the phone. We`ve been hanging on threads here so will have a talk with my sister about that; I know she was really worried about him. She felt so bad becuz she had thought that he just had a bad stomach flu like his Dad had at the time. PRAIZE GOD, he was in the hospital when the appendix burst and he received immediate care. He`s a real sweetie that one; and we are so thankful he is OK!!!

Also, DONNA is out of the hospital and at her daughters house. She is going home tomorrow and they will be arranging for a homecare nurse to go in to help her with personal care, etc. BIL will be going down to see her this coming weekend. More GOOD NEWS!!! I see all the positives and answered prayers here.

As for GRACE, she is the one who has been deciding on her care, but now the doctors say that they must take the bladder and part of the liver out. My DAD is worried and that is understandable; but we have to have the same faith that GRACE has -- she has put it all in the LORD`s hands. She has been a strong Christian all her life and has a lot of faith. She also accepts GOD`s will in her life and circumstances. Like you, now we just pray and pray and pray ...

Praying for you too -- that you will find out what food is giving you that allergic reaction; and that you will heal soon.

And, ^PRAYERS^ for everyone else continue, as always ...
  • I praise God for the good reports and continue prayers for the needs of each and everyone.
  • I just read on Gary's Facebook page that he went home to be with our Lord tonight. My heart is heavy with sadness. RIP Gary, we will always remember you. My prayers are with Angie and her family tonight.
  • RIP Gary. God bless Angie and their family. So sad for them.
  • Rest in peace, Gary. Our thoughts are with Angie and your loving family.
  • Godspeed, EZ. You will be missed. Sending love and prayers to Angie and the kids.
  • So sorry to hear of Gary's leaving us. I won't say we lost him because we are blessed to know that he is home with Jesus, but he will be missed. He is such a precious man and we love him. Now our prayers go out to Angie and family for our Father to comfort them and give them peace. So difficult to have to give up a mate, parent etc and the pain we feel is so deep. However, the wonderful memories they leave with us lives on in our hearts forever. I am thankful for the opportunity of knowing him here on this thread and the way he touched my heart spiritually.

I had not said anything before because I didn't want to discourage anyone. But the precious man in our church who Gary reminded me of so also went home to be with the Lord about a month ago. Two of our precious brothers no longer in pain and rejoicing with the Lord today in Heaven.

GOD IS STILL GOOD!!!

Prayers continue for all.
  • Rest in peace, Gary. Prayers continue for Angie and their whole family. We loved Gary. He was such an inspiration here and will be missed by all of us. My heart is heavy, but I know he fought the good fight and is home now with his Savior. One day, we will all meet in person and be able to rejoice together, but, for now, we mourn for his loss and pray for his family.
  • I don't post here often but follow the thread. God Bless Angie and the family...rest in peace Gary.
  • I too have been following from the sidelines once I heard about Gary's illness. I wish him peace at last and hope that somehow his family and friends will be able to overcome their grief and take comfort in the memories of this wonderful guy who touched so many of us. I didn't always agree with him but you could see that he loved a good chuckle and was the picture of encouragement and comfort with a heart as big as can be. We could use a few more Garys in this world.
  • My heart is heavy today with Gary's passing but I take comfort that Gary is in the arms of our precious saviour.
    I pray that the family that he cherished so much will find peace.
  • I am saddened to hear of Gary's passing. He was such a presence here, especially in these prayer threads. My thoughts and prayers are with his family today.
  • Indeed, our friend GARY, had a huge presence here ~ many people loved him and were blessed for knowing him. While we are sad to see him go, we rejoice that he is with our LORD (as he is), and at peace. Still sending up ^Prayers^ for ANGIE and their entire family & all those who loved him & will miss him. GOD'S will was done, as GARY would wish; for now our friend does not suffer, but rejoices forever -- PRAISE GOD!

EDIT2ADD: as someone else said, we look forward to the day that we will meet GARY in person in heaven above. He had mentioned that to me once a long time ago ... We will miss him here: he was a Prayer Warrior (he started the thread), a Christian Warrior, a Family Warrior, a Church Warrior, and a Brave Cancer Warrior -- and he will be remembered for his great sense of humor, and for his love for others too!

*** LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS ***

What a fellowship, what a joy divine
    Leaning on the everlasting arms
    What a blessedness, what a peace is mine
    Leaning on the everlasting arms.

-- CHORUS --
    L e a n i n g ... l e a n i n g
    Safe and secure from all alarms
    Leaning on the (His) everlasting arms!

Oh how sweet to walk, in this pilgrams way
    (While) Leaning on the everlasting arms
    Oh how bright the path, grows from day to day

-- CHORUS --

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
    I have blessed peace, with my Lord so near

-- CHORUS --
    Leaning on His everlasting arms!
  • Quote: Indeed, our friend GARY, had a huge presence here ~ many people loved him and were blessed for knowing him. While we are sad to see him go, we rejoice that he is with our LORD (as he is), and at peace. Still sending up ^Prayers^ for ANGIE and their entire family & all those who loved him & will miss him. GOD'S will was done, as GARY would wish; for now our friend does not suffer, but rejoices forever -- PRAISE GOD!

EDIT2ADD: as someone else said, we look forward to the day that we will meet GARY in person in heaven above. He had mentioned that to me once a long time ago ... We will miss him here: he was a Prayer Warrior (he started the thread), a Christian Warrior, a Family Warrior, a Church Warrior, and a Brave Cancer Warrior -- and he will be remembered for his great sense of humor, and for his love for others too!

*** LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS ***

What a fellowship, what a joy divine
    Leaning on the everlasting arms
    What a blessedness, what a peace is mine

-- CHORUS --
    Leaning on the (His) everlasting arms!

Oh how sweet to walk, in this pilgrams way