Leafy greens makes me really thirsty!

• Anyone else notice this?

When I have a salad for dinner or a green smoothie, I feel very thirsty for the next couple hours.

And usually, when I drink that much water, I am constantly peeing but with salad, the peeing frequency is much less...
  • I never noticed a corrolation; I'll have to pay more attention. I'm interested to hear what others say!
  • Leafy greens make me bloated and gassy (TMI, much?) but not thirsty. That's pretty interesting though!
  • Are you sure it's the greens? Maybe it's the stuff you put with your greens. Just for an example, if you put a really tangy/zesty dressing on your greens in your salad, I could see how that might make you thirsty. I don't know about the smoothie though -- what else do you put in it?
  • hmmm...the only thing the two have in common is the greens...

i use about a tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette and feta cheese dressing mixed on my salad as well as nuts and cranberries. This is completely different from the smoothie where I use yogurt, some fruits, maybe chocolate syrup
  • lol about the gassy...i get some too but I always feel like its because the salad is clearing out my system...
  • Thirsty after drinking green smoothie
    Yes, sparklegirl! I did not at first, but after drinking them almost daily (1c/day) I get very thirsty. Did you ever find out what causes this?

D.