smaller wrists?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This may be a dumb question, but any of you that have lost weight do you notice smaller wrists? My mom gave me a beautiful bracelet for Christmas but I can't wear it because it's too small. I have that issue with almost anything to put on my wrists.
  • It's possible, I can tell you it happened to me with my ankles. The are actually about half an inch smaller and I didn't notice until my socks started to slip off LOL. can the bracelet be adjusted at all?
  • Nope, not at all. I've tried finding one of those little adjuster things (lack of better wording haha). But I'm only finding in yellow gold color and mine is dark silver. Sorry, I'm awful describing lol.

I hope my feet and ankles will shrink too. My feet are WIDE. I can't wear cute heels and sandals.
  • I think it depends on what weight you are now, but I do think my wrists have gotten a bit smaller already!

And I have heard of many people who have lost weight and now actually wear a smaller shoe size because their feet aren't as wide anymore. So I do believe your feet and ankles are very likely to shrink!
  • I did notice smaller wrists for myself!! My mom gave me a bracelet and it was tight when I got it as well!! Now it fits me perfectly!!! Even my wedding ring got tight when I put on weight and now its kinda lose... I now need one of those ring adjusters! Hope this helps... I have lost around 60 pounds from my highest weight!!!
  • I'm only 5'3 and 230 lbs. I was at 240 3 weeks ago until I cut out soda (that says I drank a LOT of soda huh?)

Anyway, I have giant forearms. If I could I would wear long sleeves year round just to hide them I would. And giant wrists. But I do feel better hearing about feet possibly shrinking and someone who has actually experienced wrists getting smaller wrists.

Lose it: that is amazing! What are you doing for weight loss?
  • I lost weight in my neck, wrists and feet. I got to take out my extenders in my necklaces which made me so happy! My rings haven't changed sizes much though, for whatever reason my fingers want to keep the weight. Boo.
  • My pants feel loose. I like pulling them down while still buttoned up.
  • Quote: My pants feel loose. I like pulling them down while still buttoned up.
    That's funny because I put a pair of jeans on this morning that were pretty snug but I was able to pull up and down without unbuttoning or unzipping. My husband thought I was weird when I told him. I've been pulling at them to keep them up all day. Awesome feeling!
  • elvislover324.... I just saw your ticker..... WOW!!!!!you're doing an amazing job!! What plan are you following? You are one of my new heroes! I hope your fingers decide to slim down too!
  • My wrists have gotten smaller. I had a bracelet that was difficult to clasp by myself, and after losing some amount of weight (not sure how much at that point) I could easily clasp it on my own since the loose end I needed to catch hung down a lot farther.

My fingers have gotten smaller, too. Ankles? Not so much. And I do think my feet are a slight bit less wide, based on how a pair of shoes went from pinching me at the widest point (such that I couldn't bear to wear them) to fitting me fine now.
  • SweetasCanBe, I did calorie counting and exercising as well..i trained for a half marathon..after losing around 50 pounds I maintained for around 6 months and now back and have lost another 10.. This time is primarily calorie counting and p90x..
  • My wrist did get smaller. A bracelet I bought a long time ago now comes practically down half my arm!
  • Quote: elvislover324.... I just saw your ticker..... WOW!!!!!you're doing an amazing job!! What plan are you following? You are one of my new heroes! I hope your fingers decide to slim down too!
    Aw thanks, SweetAsCanBe! I have been very blessed with my weightloss this time, I can't thank God enough. I follow a plan with a nutritionist that I see weekly with a doctor and nurse as it's very low calorie. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer over last summer and my weight/fat cells were feeding the cancer with too much estrogen (I know, gross!) so I had to get it off quickly. I'm trying to get the weight off to prevent the cancer from getting worse while I try and get pregnant before having an inevitable hysterectomy in the next year. It's not a diet plan for everyone is what I am getting at, there are a lot of factors involved! Sorry for the long reply!!
  • I'm not in the 30s but your post caught my attention. I've noticed recently that I can now get my thumb and finger around my wrist easily... and I could not do that before.