Thursday May 15th

• I have to say I am loving this warm weather! The girls are in the full swing of outdoor soccer. The garage is cleaned up and the front flower beds are ready for some annuals!

I am off to watch dd 5 at swimming with Kindegarten and to return a pile of summer clothes that I got for her that she either did not like or did not fit her.

I am gonna go to the gym this afternoon and have to do some housework....tomorrow I am Kindergarten helper and then I work for 5 nights.....3 eights and 2 twelves...so I won't get a thing done!

I just finished reading The Hours for our bookclub...I enjoyed it in that I looked forward to picking it up but it is a little depressing to say the least..........it is interesting to have things put into words exactly how I have thought about them at times....I don't think you have to have had to be depressed to relate...just even been discouraged about relationships etc to see yourself in it if only for a moment. Has anyone else read anything worth mentioning lately? My next book is Eye of the Needle.

Well I notice lots of people are checking out the daily's but few are contributing......I wonder what that is about?

Hope you are all well!

Bye for now!

Eliz
  • Hey there Liz!

I'm finally here! Had to go to the dentist first thing this morning and fix a tooth, then had to get right on payroll and get it done before my boss left to go out of town.

Liz - good for you going to the gym today! you go girl! I will get back in the swing of things soon, hopefully. ;-)

Funny you asked about books. Earlier this week I went and picked up a new copy of "When God Doesn't Make Sense" by James Dobson. Anybody ever read it? I've read it a couple of times and it is really good and inspiring and comforting. The problem is I keep giving away my copy to someone else that needs it so once or twice a year I buy another one and read it. ;-)

Where is Leenie and the rest of the gang?

What is everybody up to?

April I see you got in here real late last night, but it was good to see your post!

Hope all is well!

Hugs,
    Cathy
  • Hello Liz and Cathy,
    Sorry I have not "contributed"lately.I do read the posts some days but am and havent had the spare time to post!

With my Father in the nursing Home ( with cancer) I have been traveling back and forth to Ohio....going again SaturdayLast week I went 3 times.100 miles one way....so then I have to play catch up and with working one extra day meeting (total of 5 weekly) I barely get the housework done!

So if I dont pop in for a while PLEASE keep me in your thoughts and prayers and I will pop in.whenever possible!

I do miss hearing from everyone too.Thats the main reason I posted on this board because no one chats often anymore and I located many people I know in here. I do not suffer from depression but have several family members including my daughter who does so I didnt mind. I am very thankful that I do not suffer from depression.....it must be difficult! I DO keep you all in my daily prayers even though we have not actually met!

So for now...so long you all..keep encouraging each other!

Sincerely
    Cin

P.S. See you when I can!
  • Cin sorry about your Dad and the difficulty you are enduring right now. Be well

Eliz

Hi cathy!

Eliz
  • Hi ladies,

All is well, just terribly busy at work with major deadlines Things should slow down there by mid week next week. My office is being moved upstairs, too, so was busy trying to do packing today. Tomorrow is move day

Home front is pretty quiet, other than working on my thesis. Long weekend this weekend for us Canucks. I'm looking forward to sleeping in three mornings in a row. Heaven help any poor soul who phones before 9 am.

Started back at the LC approach three days ago. I lost a lot of weight on it some years back *pre depression/Celexa days*. Daughter is joining me. So far, so good, tho 2 weeks of induction and me is a scary thought
  • Hi everyone

It is late....after 10 P.M.....the days seem hectic....am feeling better....I have used the light box for the last 3 days in a row.....it has either been raining or cloudy. I do notice....if it is a cloudy or rainy day & I don't use the light box.....then I start to feel down.

Today is my DH's & my 38th anniversary.....we went to lunch at Ric's Grill for lunch. Then after we went & bought a 9 cubic foot freezer.....we had been looking for one.

This evening DS3 & his GF came over with their puppy.....he came to borrow a sleeping bag.

I had 3 good days counting WW points.....but today I sort of blew it.....but....will get back to it tomorrow.

April