gastric sleeve in May

• I'm getting the gastric sleeve in May. I'm jumping through all the hoops right now, dietitian, psychologist and so forth. I'm determined to do this but I'm also afraid. Not about the surgery but the way I will have to manage my nutrition. It's something I've never given much thought to and now it will be a decision every time I open my mouth. Just nervous, but I know I will be able to do it. I will tell anyone who asks. I wasn't embarrassed about being "FAT" so I WON'T be embarrassed about losing weight, maybe I'll just tell them I'm doing palates like Star Jones did, lol.
  • Surprise, Cathlickgirl! I moved your post from a 2-year-old thread into its own new one so that more people will see it.

I like your attitude - especially the Star Jones comment - bottom line, it's nobody's business how you're losing weight, or even IF you are.
  • LOL!

Do what I did... Came home on day 2 post op. Saw some neighbours who stopped to ask why I was moving so slow...

I raised my shirt, showed off my incisions and blurted out "LOOK! I had skinny ***** surgery!"

*looks around innocently*

Tell people or don't... I tell people trying to figure out what to say and not wanting to share to say the following:

I'm following a medically supervised program with the assistance of my health care team. Isn't it fabulous?!
  • Well, first of all, Cuter w Curves: stop stalking me! LOL! Seriously, get as much support as you can thru your surgeon's office and NUT, support groups, and online forums like this one! It's great and scary and wonderful, all at the same time! Keep us posted!