Getting out of the 300's

You're on Page 7 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: I had a nice NSV yesterday - I've been trying on a pair of pants I'd discovered I couldn't fit into 3 weeks ago. I couldn't even DREAM of buttoning them then. A few days ago I was closer, and yesterday they buttoned up.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congrats rodeogirl! That's what it's all about. And that means so much more than #'s on a scale!!
  • Quote: Congrats rodeogirl! That's what it's all about. And that means so much more than #'s on a scale!!
    I dunno pounds on the scale matter to me too, lol, but I'll enjoy ALL the good stuff and try not to worry about the days where things are going the other direction.
  • Would love to join but how
    Hello there, I am just getting used to this site..but not sure how to join a 'thread'....is it simply by responding ? I noticed 'thread subscription..do I say yes .. if so to what"
  • Using grocery cart for support
    Quote: I'm with you on all the things we want. In fact my mini-goals are all what I refer to as "comfort related" instead of weight goals -- although obviously I'm watching both. For me there's the "science" part of tracking calories and carbs and the emotional part of reaching those NSVs. Both bring me immense satisfaction (and truthfully, a little smugness since I haven't been able to successfully do this in over 25 years!). I'm still well into the 300s, and I realized yesterday that when I was at Costco and the grocery store that I actually spent some of the time pushing the cart instead of using it to lean on to support me as I walked through the stores. Anyone else use their cart as a weight support system?
    Absolutely,,,,,otherwise the low back pain as well as my right leg...acts up..however with just 24 lbs. lost; it is changing with respect to when it acts up...before was right away..now by the time I finished a store....SO, when the 170 lbs. comes off...I am hoping there will be permanent relief.!!!
  • Quote: I dunno pounds on the scale matter to me too, lol, but I'll enjoy ALL the good stuff and try not to worry about the days where things are going the other direction.
    I guess what I mean to say is.... at the end of all of this, you won't walk around telling people your weight - but you will walk around wearing some nice form fitting pants. I'd rather fit into the size of pants I want than obsess over lbs on the scale.

But on a day to day basis, yeah I watch the scale like a hawk
  • Quote: Hello there, I am just getting used to this site..but not sure how to join a 'thread'....is it simply by responding ? I noticed 'thread subscription..do I say yes .. if so to what"
    Hi! All you have to do is post in the thread. The subscribe option simply notifies you when there are new posts!
  • Quote: I guess what I mean to say is.... at the end of all of this, you won't walk around telling people your weight - but you will walk around wearing some nice form fitting pants. I'd rather fit into the size of pants I want than obsess over lbs on the scale.

But on a day to day basis, yeah I watch the scale like a hawk
    Yeah I hear you....but if I hit 175 or lower I might just walk around telling everyone my weight, LOL!
  • Great NSV Rodeogirl!!

The foot pain is gone today. Not sure why, not sure what I did! I walked the dog today and threw the ball for her (we haven't done this before with her and she picked it up right away the dropping the ball part and I would throw it with one of those ball thrower things. My arm is sure sore now.) and didn't do much else really. It was a totally lazy Sunday.

Monday night I start my weekly workouts. I'm excited!
  • I hate to complain but I'm having a discouraging day at work. I have tomorrow off thank god. I had to do the weekend alone for the first time and its been nothing but criticism and negative reinforcement despite all the good things Ive done. I just want to go home and eat my feelings in bed, watching TV, staying up til midnight. Uggggh. Must resist.
  • Hope your day got better Jolly. I know that temptation very well.

We got snowed in at my inlaws last night, so no swim, bad food and very little sleep for me today. I didn't even go near the scale, I don't even want to know. March hasn't been a very good month for me so far weight wise!
  • I haven't been a member of the 300 club very long, I have been flirting over and under it for a few years. I am looking forward to getting under that number and staying there permanently. That and my pants are all very tight right now, I am looking forward to them fitting better. I am hoping to be under 300 by the end of June to start.

I am new here so it is inspiring to see more people like me who are doing their best to change just like I am.
  • Snowbound - Thanks! How was your workout? Glad to hear your foot pain is gone. Pain can be such a de-motivator.

Jolly - sorry to hear your job is being tough on you. How did you do? Hope you resisted, but if you didn't you just pick yourself right back up and keep going!

RadioJane - keep doing your best. IMO keep weighing - it's better to know the truth even if it's disappointing. At least in my experience when I stopped weighing I started convincing myself I wasn't gaining when I was. No matter what's going on we're still here for ya!

Melody - Welcome! There isn't a better forum on the Internet - so many inspiring folks here!
  • Everyone is making great progress in this thread! As of this morning, I'm halfway to 299 from where I started. I can't wait! Let's keep it up.
  • Yes keep going! Soon it'll be time for us to pioneer the "Getting out of the 290s" thread.