Getting out of the 300's

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Anyone else use their cart as a weight support system?
    *Waves my hand!!* I used to have to grab a carriage anywhere I went since my back pain was so bad. I mean, if I was running into the supermarket to pick up a prescription I would grab a carriage in case I had to wait a few minutes nevermind the walk to the counter in the store.

Knock on wood, my back problems and knee problems are GONE now that I released the pressure I put them through. Now I feel like I glide like a gazelle up and down the aisles with no carriage needed, it's incredible. Even my husband noticed my "independence" now. (Yes I was embarrassed but he didn't say it in a mean way, more in a praising YAY way.)

I'm so lucky my body is forgiving me slowly but surely. Now I am trying to dress her up nice and pretty as a thanks.
  • I'll join you. I'm just getting back to it and I'm about 324. I'll have to weigh tomorrow.
  • Ill join this party. 24pounds to go before I look for the "out of the 200" club
  • Welcome, welcome!

It's exciting to see all the potential we have to rid ourselves (and the world) of some extra poundage!

I'm using the thought of clothes shopping in a 'regular' store to motivate me today.
  • Quote:
    I'm using the thought of clothes shopping in a 'regular' store to motivate me today.
    I stopped in Avenue today just to browse their winter sale. I'm proud to say that their 14/16s were actually a bit too big to consider in tops. I didn't try any pants as I have enough waiting at home to wear. I finally was looking at the smaller racks there whereas before I was looking at the 26/28s when I started this. What a humbling feeling.
  • elvislover THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I can't wait to get there - thanks for being such a good example for us.
  • Quote: elvislover THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I can't wait to get there - thanks for being such a good example for us.
    Thank you rodeogirl!! I'll never forget where I came from, never ever.

And I'm not the good example, silly! I'm following all of the amazing ladies before me.
  • Well you may be following them but to some of us you are part of "them" now!
  • elvislover I just love your outlook. It is amazing how forgiving our bodies are. I used to be barely able to walk in the morning my feet would swell so bad. I had black eyes from scrunching my pillow and jamming my head into it, trying to get my head up high enough I could breathe at night. Now my feet fit in regular width shoes and I can bend to shave my legs in the shower!

23 pounds to go as of today! I'd better watch my inches close though because I'm getting back into my kettlebells and I'll bet that I'm going to stall the scale.
  • I'm glad I found this thread and you people. 299 baby!!!! I don't know a soul over 300 lbs so it's hard for people to relate how awful and terrible it feels, and how amazing 299 on the scale will be. I LOVE "twoderville" - haha, it cracked me up. I'm hoping to buy a one way ticket to there in a few months.

Being over 300 lbs is the most depressing feeling I've had in the last few years, I remember being a teen as I creeped to there - thinking no matter what I'll never let myself get over 300 lbs. Then I got there in college. Then it was like 306. Then it was like 330. Then I lost it to 285 and swore I'd never return - but last fall I was 351 . A weight that starts with "2" is a normal overweight number to me. Even though I'm fairly healthy and 100% mobile, it's like being over 300 is some buzz weight for people thinking about massive roll-me-out-in-a-stretcher obesity.

Anyways I have dreams and visions of 299. It's nice to meet some people who feel the same Just seeing the number 299 makes me excited. Woooo.
  • Quote: Welcome, welcome!

It's exciting to see all the potential we have to rid ourselves (and the world) of some extra poundage!

YES.
  • Quote: Well you may be following them but to some of us you are part of "them" now!
    Awww, thank you! That means so very much to me.

Quote: elvislover I just love your outlook. It is amazing how forgiving our bodies are. I used to be barely able to walk in the morning my feet would swell so bad. I had black eyes from scrunching my pillow and jamming my head into it, trying to get my head up high enough I could breathe at night. Now my feet fit in regular width shoes and I can bend to shave my legs in the shower!

23 pounds to go as of today! I'd better watch my inches close though because I'm getting back into my kettlebells and I'll bet that I'm going to stall the scale.
    Speaking of lovely ladies, here is one now!! Jane, it's YOUR outlook that helped me so much over the last few months. Your determination and conquering-any-battle attitude have taught me so much in this journey, you have no idea. You amaze me every single day, I just don't reply on your posts every day so I don't look like a stalker!! I'm so proud of your progress and so happy for you that things are getting easier. And you with the kettlebells, you are my hero!! I'd end up throwing one through my TV, not very coordinated like that at all!!
  • Jolly I totally understand. A "2" is normal for me. I nearly died when I found out I was over 400. Can't wait to get there!

elvis the adoration is mutual. You're amazing!
  • You're so close radiojane. You must have worked SOO hard to get where you are today!!!!!!!!!!! What an inspiration. Onderland would be onederful, but I could die happy with a weight that starts with a 2. I'd love to just not be obese anymore.

I went to the dr's office as part of a health check for an internship 2 years ago and glanced at my chart and under medical history - the only word there was "obesity". It just kind of floored me. Up until that point I had never thought of myself as obese, even though my BMI was like a 40 at the time. OBVIOUSLY I was obese, but it's just kind of one of those things that stings when you realize other people notice. It isn't a dirty little secret you have. Lol. I'm kind of upset I'm still that heavy, but I'm done with school and boards now and there's no excuses. It's just kind of depressing to think I can lose 90 more lbs and I'll still be obese.
  • I know what you are feeling, Jolly. I have lost over 100 and am still obese, I think I have to get down to 180 maybe to get to "overweight"? I look at the BMI charts so much I get dizzy. My doctor did remind me last week though that I am close to being "Obese 1" instead of "Obese 2". He was being nice about it but I wanted to cry.

I never knew I was as big as I was. I hadn't got on a scale in YEARS and just figured my clothes sizes were running small or something. Even when I first started going to my doctor when I had a couple of issues, I refused to get on the scale as part of my patient rights. Then when I required surgery and they need your weight for anesthesia, I didn't have a choice. It's a good thing they knocked me out soon after I saw the number, if not I may have passed out from shock.