Recipe Suggestions for Shredded Pork

• Yesterday I cooked a pork roast in the crock pot, expecting it to shrink down a little. Well, when I shredded it, I ended up with waaaaay more meat than two people can eat during the week so I froze half of it. Typically I mix it with a jar of Chili Verde and make tacos, burritos, put it on salads, mix it with eggs...all kinds of yummy variations.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions of what to do with the rest of the pork next week. The only foods that are off limits are peanuts and BBQ sauce (boyfriend hates the stuff). Thanks for your help!!
  • I hope this link from Chowhound will suit your needs! I looooove pulled pork, and seem to always have leftovers from my favorite bbq restaurant. I have made pulled pork nachos and quesadillas, as well as taco salad with veggies, pulled pork, and lots of salsa. I bet you could also make amazing chili with your leftovers!
  • http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/c...t-pulled-pork/

This. I never use the BBQ sauce and it turns out fabulous.
  • My mom always used to make meat salads out of the extra (ham, beef, pork, even chicken). It helps to have a meat grinder (my mixer has one), but you can always just chop the meat finely or even put it in your food processor and pulse it. She would add 2-3 hard boiled eggs, some pickle relish, seasonings, and then she would use mayo to bind it all together. I've tried mixing together lite mayo and yogurt, light mayo and light sour cream, even greek yogurt and a little Ranch dressing mix. If you can afford the calories, just use the mayo. Otherwise, experiment with what tastes good to you. Also, you just want enough to make it bind together as opposed to some of the old recipes where you have a mayo sandwich with some meat thrown in! Hope that helps. It's a fast and easy way to be able to pack a sandwich for lunches at work. Couple with some carrot sticks and fruit and you've got a healthy meal.
  • Those are all fantastic suggestions, things I wouldn't have thought to do with pork. Thanks!!!
  • I use this recipe as a guideline for so many different egg rolls. I have stuffed them with steak, chicken, pork, whatever you want!

The pork can be done with bbq sauce, maybe a teriyaki sauce, an Asian inspired sauce, whatever you want! Sometimes we add cheese, depending on the combo we make. Other times a bit of salsa, the broccoli slaw works with a bunch of combos too.

I have no relation to this blog, it's just one of the best recipes I found and then I change it up!

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2...chicken-rolls/
  • One of the best if in THE best thing I have ever eaten is a roast pork sandwich this little deli near my house makes. It's roast pork, garlic mayonnaise, sharp provolone and roasted red peppers all heated up on a toasted roll. Not really for the calorie conscious though. Cuban sandwiches are also pretty good.