Have any of you ever tried anything like this?

• http://www.amazon.com/Bally-Arm-Slim.../dp/B000V63NOS

My friend just got these from amazon and was gonna try them out, and I wanted to see if y'all had tried them or a similar product and actually got results. Although I've lost almost 90lbs, I've only lost about 3-4 inches in my arms (going from 18 to about 14), and most of the "batwing" on my arm is still actually fat and not skin -- I can feel it in there. It's not going away and I know the only way to lose fat is to lose weight, but I don't want to lose more weight than necessary anywhere else on my body just to lose the fat in my arms. I have been doing weights and whatnot of all kinds but it just seems to have toned the muscle but hasn't had any part in making the -fat- go away, and I really don't want to get surgery unless I absolutely have to. Would something like this help?
  • The short answer is no it won't help. Basically, your body dictates where you lose weight. So wearing something tight around them won't help you lose fat in the area.

Now a valid use for something like this? Muscle recovery. I've seen some research that says compression clothing can help speed recovery when worn during and possibly after workouts. So if you experience a lot of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), then you might want to look for some compression clothing but I wouldn't recommend this.
  • No, I don't think it would help anyone lose fat in a specific area such as the arms. It just doesn't work that way.
  • I'm sure it wouldn't really do anything but for $9, I would probably still buy it! lol!
  • What do u have to lose other than 10 bucks and maybe some fat. Tempted to try for upper thighs as the first reviewer did.
  • I would rather spend my ten dollars on some resistance bands! I am very skeptical about products like this. I would think that at most, you may temporarily lose some water weight from sweating more in that area.