Quest Bar as an alternative

You're on Page 13 of 31
Go to
  • I've only tried the brownie bar and it I couldn't eat it at all...not even microwaved. I'm going to order directly from quest going forward.
  • Quote: When I first started eating Quest bars I ate it as an unrestricted, but have since switched it to restricted and seen better results.

I also eat mine as a meal with 2 cups of veggies and sometimes as a snack. It's really your choice. One of the reasons I like these babies so much is it's easy to throw in your purse or backpack and go. Easy to travel with as well.
    They keep pretty well in my truck or back pack in hot weather unlike chocolate type ready to eat things like chocolate soy puffs and chocolate covered bars. They get squishy but it works. The soy type puffs and chip snacks work well too.

Quote: The GNC website is offering free membership with a $10 order ($15 value) and $1 flat rate shipping. The membership discount was applied to the box of quest bars I ordered. I did it mostly to get the free membership for the discount in the stores.
    I buy mine at GNC too. Amazon and Nashua have them as well and I bought there first but GNC is easier for me.
  • Quote: I am getting these bars for my snacks. What flavor out of chocolate peanut butter or cinnamon roll should I get?? Both sound yummy!
    Both are delish!!
    Cinnamon roll and strawberry cheesecake
    are my favorites! Banana nut is pretty
    Yummy too!

Enjoy!

D
  • Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I haven't read through all the post. This little "tip" has just made my day!!!

= Quest Bar Cookies =

1 Quest Bar

Cut the bar into 6 pieces, flatten each piece until its about half of the original height. Place on parchment paper and bake @ 350 for 8 - 10 minutes, remove when the cookies are starting to brown around the edge. Delicious "real" cookies, chewy on the outside and warm and soft in the center. For a more crispy cookie roll your cookie "dough" thinner before baking and bake a little longer.
  • Quote: Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I haven't read through all the post. This little "tip" has just made my day!!!

= Quest Bar Cookies =

1 Quest Bar

Cut the bar into 6 pieces, flatten each piece until its about half of the original height. Place on parchment paper and bake @ 350 for 8 - 10 minutes, remove when the cookies are starting to brown around the edge. Delicious "real" cookies, chewy on the outside and warm and soft in the center. For a more crispy cookie roll your cookie "dough" thinner before baking and bake a little longer.
    You're kidding, right?! That sounds WAY too good to be true, but OK, I am totally cutting up my Questbar snack after dinner tonight. Review to come...
  • Honest - this was by far the closest that I've come to having a real cookie in 10 weeks. Can't wait for your "review" : )
  • I can't wait to hear the cookies!!! Yummy
  • Quote: Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I haven't read through all the post. This little "tip" has just made my day!!!

= Quest Bar Cookies =

1 Quest Bar

What a good idea! I don't have any Quest bars at hand right now, but will definitely try this.
  • There's something magical about the Quest Bars - out of the wrapper they are almost like a Tootsie Roll, at least the chocolate muffin one is. Heated in the microwave for a few seconds, and it almost has a brownie texture. Baking it in the oven . . . pure magic, cookies!!! Thank you Pinterest : )

* Quest Bar cookie instructions a couple of post down
  • Maybe I did it wrong...?
    Quote: There's something magical about the Quest Bars - out of the wrapper they are almost like a Tootsie Roll, at least the chocolate muffin one is. Heated in the microwave for a few seconds, and it almost has a brownie texture. Baking it in the oven . . . pure magic, cookies!!! Thank you Pinterest : )

* Quest Bar cookie instructions a couple of post down
    I tried the cookies with the chocolate brownie bar last night. I couldn't actually see the edges get browned, but that's probably because it is already dark brown, so I left them in for the entire 10 minutes and that may have been too long. I got sort of chewy, sort of hard cookie things that pretty much tasted like a hot Questbar. BUT, I will try this again with a lighter-colored bar and see if I can get better results. (Also, I am the kind of person who would much rather eat the dough than the cookie and prefers cookies that are barely browned and very gooey inside, so it may be the "cookie" nomenclature that is wrecking this for me.)
  • Give it one more try - every oven is a little different. With the Banana Muffin you I could watch the colour changing and the center was still gooey. I'm trying the chocolate today, sorry that the first try was a bit crunchy.
  • Tried the "cookie" trick tonight with a banana-nut bar. AWESOME!
  • Good Morning! I know I could 'google search' this out, but, I'm wondering if heating the bars in microwave or oven changes the nutrition/enzymes?

I am so enjoying the learning curve in navigating around this site...Thank you all for your interesting posts!
  • Quote: Good Morning! I know I could 'google search' this out, but, I'm wondering if heating the bars in microwave or oven changes the nutrition/enzymes?

I am so enjoying the learning curve in navigating around this site...Thank you all for your interesting posts!
    Not sure about changes but the company does suggest microwaving them for a few seconds if they're hard. A FEW SECONDS. Don't go too crazy.
  • I don't know how I have gone this long and haven't tried these Quest Bars. I am so dumb..LOL They are like a touch heaven in a wrapper