need online exercise buddy

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Hi girls. I'm 45 yrs old and looking for some accountability and support in my exercise program. Any one interested. I usually do walking and weights.
    Thanks,Heather
  • I'm looking for a buddy too!
  • I'm 43 yrs old and looking for a buddy too. I also walk and lift weights.
  • Great, I'm ready to get started buddies!
    Thanks Emma4444 and Take two. Today was a busy day for me as I teach preschool Tues and Thurs. I will make time for exercise tomorrow, 30 min. on treadmill. So happy to get a ticker of my own. Just like the kids at school with a new sticker.
  • Do y'all mind if I join this thread? I'm 27 and I go through phases of working out a lot really intensely and then just dropping off.. I think if I had people to report to I would be less likely to get out of the routine.
  • Today my goal is 30 minutes on the treadmill walking with 1 minute jogging every 5 minutes. Last time I did this I thought I was going to die but I'm going to keep trying until it gets easier.

mrsj2013 teaching preschool must be so much fun. I hear you about being so busy. I used to just quit exercising if I missed a day a day or two but not anymore. I tell myself not a big deal and tomorrow is a new day. Just remember how good it feels when your done walking
  • Welcome Tubergen. More buddies are always welcome. Writing my exercise down makes me more accountable. Have a good day everyone.
  • Looks like we got a good group forming!

I took yesterday off as my muscles were sore. Today I am going to the fitness center for some jogging and possibly swimming. What are your fitness plans for the weekend?
  • Emma4444 - sounds like a good plan. I find it hard to push myself when I work out alone. I have a friend who does intervals and I'm going to try it too.

Instead of the treadmill I walked outside b/c it warmed up to -6C. The snow is plowed and it was nice to see the sun.

I think I will dust off my pedometer and check out my step count, work my way up 10,000.
  • TakeTwo- The pool sounds like a good idea. I have to be careful not to overdue it on the treadmill b/c it can bother my hip.I love the pool but live in rural farm community and the closest pool is 1.5 hr. away. I do enjoy getting to the fitness center in town once a week. I'll be taking advantage of the warmer weather and walk outside this week-end.
  • Did my 30 minutes on treadmill yesterday. Today I lifted weights, upper body only. I walked outside for 30 minutes today instead of using my treadmill because my German Shepherd keeps looking at me funny when I use the treadmill

take two- Swimming sounds great but I'm like msj2013 and live in a rural farm community and a pool is over an hour away.

msj2013- Thanks for the pedometer idea. I will go buy one this week and try to get 10,000 steps each day.
  • Today I did 30 minutes on the treadmill with walking 4 minutes than jogging 1 minute. Jogging is finally getting easier so I may try C25K, but not sure since I love walking and not that big of a fan of jogging, well not yet at least.
  • I'm proud of myself. I walked outside 3 days in a row. I used to walk all the time, but somewhere along the line I lost the habit. Today I will walk and do weights. Emma4444-I'm not a fan of jogging either, good for you for doing it!
  • I'm new and I would like to join in also! I need some accountability and motivation.

I did well working out the month of January going to gym four days a week and then mid February I got a nasty cold that I'm just finally getting rid of.

I'm trying to do a combination of weight machines and power walking on an incline on the treadmill.
  • Today is my day off. Tomorrow my goal is to do my walk/jog but hoping to add more time to jogging.